Connecticut College Top Questions

I feel the most frustrating thing about Connecticut College is dealing with professors if you are disabled in some way. I know friends who always have problems with their professors because they were sick and missed an exam but the professor gives them as hard time. I know people who have had trouble rescheduling tests or giving in papers because a professor won't answer emails or won't respond until the last minute.

Janet

No diversity and it's a bubble, you need to have a car and money to have fun.

Carolyn

At times Conn can seem very small and that you know everyone but all you have to do is introduce yourself to one new person and chances are there is a whole other group of people you have never met and can become friends with.

peter

Course availability

Conn is pretty small, and there are times when there is not much happening on campus. Many small schools are walking distance from the town, but we have to take the highway to get downtown, which kind of makes it hard for some people to experience downtown New London and get off campus.

The school over-promotes the idea of being racially and ethnically diverse. Although the minority population is growing, the approach the college is doing in order to become more diverse is more counter-intuitive and actually creates a bigger divide. People of color should not gain acceptance into the college solely based on minority status, but academic merit. Everyone should have the same opportunity regardless of socio-economic status and race/ethnicity.