Connecticut College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Connecticut College

Alexis

When I first began looking at Connecticut College, I was told that one of the best parts about the college is the community and supportive atmosphere on campus. I have always been a very family oriented person, so this aspect was very important to me. I needed a school that I am happy to call my second home. I needed people who would be my family. I wanted to be around people who would challenge me to be my best and support me as I strive towards my goals. I wanted to find a place where I belong, with people who are similar to me. However, at the same time, I wanted to meet people who are different than me and who could show me new perspectives of the world. Now that I am officially a student here, I am proud to say that I have found a family and a home. Connecticut College has every single one of the aspects that I wanted in a school. It is the perfect place for me because our little community truly does feel like a family.

Gregory

Good school, great professors, and fun students.

paula

Connecticut College is exactly as I expected it to be. It's a feeder school for a lot of the local private high schools in the area and essentially it's a large boarding school. With only 1900 students, you get to know almost everyone in your grade. Whether this is a pro or con is up to the student. I personally love this aspect about Conn. As for the school's culture, there are two "groups" that are prominent at Conn. There are the artsy hipsters and the Athletes. I have no complaints about the Academics at Conn. I absolutely love my professors and the small class sizes. At one point I had a class with only 7 people in it. In addition, the homework and tests are always manageable, as long as you manage your time.

ashely

Preppy racist students. Nothing wrong with being preppy but they're preppy to the point where they make other people feel like this is high school all over again and you're not the cool kid because you don't have some vineyard vines on. Racist students, they treat the non-white students (the non-white lower-income students) like they're dirt.

Naomi

The school offers a plethora of resources that can help one further excel in and outside of class, and it's merely up to the student to take advantage of them. Besides the academic life, which in my opinion is excellent, the campus does lack in diversity. The term "diversity" is often thrown around a lot in PWI schools, and it can pertain to different things. If, for example, you take into account the number of international students and people who live outside of CT, then one can technically claim that the college is diverse. But through the lens of demographics, this is not all the case. The school remains to be a Predominantly White Institution, and this includes both faculty and students. While the institution does claim to take in stride in debunking this reality, for some students (students of color), nothing seems to be improving. This isn't to say, however, that there is NO representation of POC on campus. Many students have created clubs and programs that cater to this lack of representation. Nonetheless, it is a working progress.

MICHAEL

COnnecticut College is the best choose I have made in the development of my future. It is preparing me socially, intellectually, and for the future. I know I will be successful in whatever I do after my college years. The academics are challenging and rewarding. We have completed projects both individually and collaboratively. It has been and continues to be a great experience.

Abigail

I really love this school, the professors are very passionate about what they are teaching, and take the time to get to know each student individually. Even though I have been here for less than a year, it is a place I feel safe in, and am proud to call it my second home.

Emeline

Connecticut College is a hands on school. Connecticut College challenges students to learn outside of the classroom and connect different fields of study together. When students are outside of class they are still able to engage with professors, because many of them have flexible office hours. Even though the school work can be challenging at some points, there are free tutors and peers who often sit down and try to figure out problems together. Connecticut College also provides a free writing center that helps students review and edit papers, paragraphs, and even theses. Off of campus there are many restaurants and activities to do in the surrounding area. In addition, Mystic, Boston, New York City, and Providence are all a short drive away.

Emma

Strong welcoming academic environment but not to the point of stress. I feel like I am learning a lot but I have yet to pull an all nighter or other crazy things kids at other colleges have experienced. It is a very inclusive school with options for everyone, not focusing completely on sports. The only downfall is that it isn't very ADA/ handicap accessible.

asha

It is a good school that does a good job of making their students feel welcomed and heard. The tight knit community is helpful, and people are engaged and interested learners. It is a good group of peers and mentors who help to make you think in ways that you have not before!

tucker

Overall, I liked conn college. I do think that the administration is very out of touch with the student body. I would like to see them reinstate off campus housing. I would also like to see a larger variety of schools of thought on campus. It often feels that conservative views are met with aggression inside and outside the classroom. For example, people would judge you if you said you supported some of Trump's policies.

If you're a nerd looking for superior academics and chances to explore niche fields in depth, this is the college for you. If you're looking to graduate from college fully prepared for your chosen career with a solid industry network already in place, this is the college for you. If you're a nerd for languages and want access to the international stage, this is the college for you. One caveat, however: if you have more fun partying than learning, this is not the college for you.

janelle

conn coll is actually a pretty fun place. It has its issues for sure but for the most part i have really enjoyed my time here. I think it could be more diverse. It can be fun but also boring depending on the weekend. A lot of people like it here including me

rose

Connecticut College is a unique place. When I started, I absolutely hated it because of the sometimes rich-white-kid vibe many of the students give off. After getting involved in a multitude of diverse extracurriculars, I have come to love it here and can honestly say I would never want to go anywhere else. Roll humps.

hannah

we love it here! conn is the best community ever and i really couldnt imagine going anywhere else. being on a sports team i have met all of my best friends and all the professors here are so awesome. it has been the best years of my life here and i would recommend it to anyone