Converse College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Converse College

Too many sports teams, not enough money. Stupid convocation rules, but empowering women's school that makes sure you are involved. I think Converse has a lot of good qualities such as the small class sizes that provide ample opportunity for individualized attention, but converse also has a lot of downsides such as the lack of funding for decent food on campus/ lack of food options that are desired or needed due to nutritional needs. The food unfortunately gets worse each year it seems and the incoming students less respectful than the last. If you are a focused and dedicated liberal arts or science major, then Converse is the school for you. If you are not willing to put in extra effort and be extremely respectful to the people around you (who are all super nice and helpful by the way) I would not suggest applying.

Jada

My overall opinion of Converse College is positive. The college has given me the opportunity to become a leader in several organizations on campus. I have been able to express my concerns openly and honestly to the faculty and administration. The diverse student body has exposed me to new ideas and experiences. The professors are very knowledgeable in their field of study and available to students. The positives outweigh the negatives but, there are some big negatives. The first being the dining options are limited and not very delectable unless, its fried chicken day. Secondly, the parking is insufficient. Overall, I believe Converse College was the correct choice for furthering my educational endeavors.

Heather

Converse College is much more than I ever expected it would be. When I first went on tour, I fell in love instantly with it's home-like atmosphere, and I registered as soon as I could. Since becoming a student, I have become a Student Ambassador with admissions to be a part of helping more students realize how amazing the college is.

Chloe

Converse College is often thrown into a great amount of stereotypes that tend to be related to Converse being an all women's college. However, us Connies (Converse Students) we see ourselves as a sisterhood. We are all there for each other and us being a small school allows for closer relationships that larger Colleges do not offer. The professors are very understanding and very helpful they offer professional advice and guidance. The atmosphere of Converse is very welcoming and allows for everyone to find a place that they can call home.

I love my school. I love that everyone is family and the professors are truly there to see you succeed. Especially when the class sizes are so small, and the professor/advisor actually knows you as a person, instead of a number. I have never not felt safe on the campus. I love Converse.

Jada

Converse overall is a great liberal arts school. The school grounds are kept up, the buildings are alway nice and clean, and everyone on campus is usually nice. The professors are really great about responding to emails and actually helping you if you reach out to them. The campus isn't a party school and we don't have greek life, but they town around us offers 6 other colleges and we have a great student government that puts on great events.

Jada

Converse is not for everyone. Some professors are awesome and others won't give you the time of day. The "sisterhood" that everyone exclaims about is not real if you are a minority. If you plan on majoring in biology look elsewhere. A lot of people love Converse, but I would suggest staying overnight before committing.

I value Converse college's community and academic standards, although the leering threat of spiders does deter my enthusiasm for the campus living arrangements. However, Converse offers such amazing opportunities and such a strong community that I am willing to brace the danger of brown recluse spiders. Give me an exceptional educational experience or give me death!

Kaybriana

Attending school at Converse has been by far one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love the small class sizes and the relationships I have made with my professors. I was terrified I was going to be one of those honors high school kids who was an average college student, but Converse has made me top of my class. The professors are all so personable and genuinely want you to do well. I love my school and am so glad I found it!

Marisa

There are definitely both ups and downs about attending Converse. Small class sizes allow you to form special connections with your professors and your peers. The small student body also gives students more access to leadership and career opportunities. However, Converse is not for everyone. There are a limited number of on-campus activities, there is no party scene unless you visit a nearby coed school, and Spartanburg is not a very exciting city.

Savanna

I really like the college, it is hard but I like the challenge and I feel like I'm actually getting an education. The on campus housing for juniors and seniors are good but sophomores and some freshmen get the older dorms. The professors are amazing and actually care about the students and are willing to help in anyway they can.

I love the atmosphere but sometimes it is clear that the decision-makers are not thinking of the students, but only about their finances. The faculty are very caring and understanding individually, and will almost always try to help you out as much as is feasible. Overall, i'm happy to attend Converse College.

Audrey

The college campus is very pretty. It is vintage and very adorable. The class are small usually about 25 in a class even if that. The professors are amazing and are always there to help. They also have a Jan Term where you take one class after winter break and helps students get back into the flow of things.

Darian

Converse College is an exemplary, all girls university that provides the necessities for education. Not only is the campus a beautiful location to learn, but the facilities provided (library, labs, study halls, etc.) are in great condition. Converse, although an older campus, is filled with caring, open and friendly faces. The small size allows for better connection with the professors and allows for an individual to find more friends. Overall, Converse College is a safe, dependable, and structured place for women to earn their education.

Sara

My overall opinion of Converse College is that I'm glad I chose this school as far as academics and class size go. I love that it's all girls because I feel less pressured when I have to present something in class, and I feel more encouraged to speak up and answer questions and communicate my opinions. I wish there was more of a social life and that it wasn't such a weird thing to see guys on campus, but it is a positive that we're so close to Wofford and other schools that have parties and provide entertainment for the weekends.

Madisen

Great school if you’re into women’s rights. Great school if you don’t want to attend a large university. Everybody is involved since the school is so small. If you’re into the arts, Converse is the school for you. They have a very nice arts program to major in.

Jordan

Converse College is an exceptional institution that pushes its students to go above and beyond. Overall, I am glad that I decided to come here to receive my college education. All of the professors are easily accessible and the class sizes are small. You are not just a number here. Everyone is always kind and helpful with anything. The only downside would have to be the food.

Converse College is a comfortable place to pursue ones academic integrity and career security, however, since the tuition reset Converse has been raising the tuition with little to no means of providing alternative financial opportunities. The staff are very helpful and although the housing is over-priced, the academic path that Converse offers is one to be noted and allows diverse and well-rounded personal growth within a standard four-year span.

Ny'Kera

So far I've just completed my freshman year in Converse College. It was starting off okay my first semester will class until I had to take a month off because of personal and financial reasons. When I started my second semester, things started to see very off. The food was becoming bad to where some students had food poisoning or found something off about the food. A lot of people began dropping out or taking leave of absences, and mt classes have put me in stressful situations. I managed to pass them all but am taking summer courses to boost my GPA since I lost a state scholarship for my low GPA. I hope to make it through my sophomore year and do better academically!

Breia

Converse College has brought me out of a shell, but yet I am still in it. I feel fantastic that way. There are things for extroverts and things for introverts, and those in between. The class sizes range from 6 to no more than 30 people. I have food allergies and they are always noted in the dining. Amazing.

Daylee

At first I was skeptical. I didn't like the idea of going to a women's college at all, it wasn't even my first choice. However, after a lot of pestering from my family, I decided to enroll as a freshman here. The first week was terrifying as usual, but I started to realize how nice everyone is and that we were all a bit nervous. I began speaking with my teachers and classmates more and more often as time went on, and now I'm no longer afraid to start casual conversation with those around me. When Converse admission first told me about how welcoming everyone is, I rolled my eyes and went along with it. But, after a little while I started to realize that Converse does-- in fact-- have a close sisterhood with all of her students. Converse College may have not been my first or even my second choice, but it has been the best decision I have ever made.

Victoria

Converse College is amazing. I feel so at home being on campus. Attending Converse College has given me so much strength to become who I truly am. I'm always learning amazing new things. The campus is beautiful and everyone is helpful. We all believe in respect.

Anika

Converse College is a great school to go to because the professors there at that school really take the time to get to know there students and the students there are so encouraging and willing to do great opportunities for them in life. So, for my opinion you should go to Converse College because it will change your life in a good way and it will also help you with anything in life because education is really important at Converse College.

Meghan

It was the 1st college I toured when I was a senior in High school and at the end of the tour I knew instantly that I would not find another college that I would love better than Converse. Every time I visited there everyone was nice and super helpful and could always make you smile.

Danikh

It’s very good the doors are nice, the falcalty are very helpful. There are multiple different sports you could do and arts and theatre clubs to join. Youll make great friends and amazing memories. I’m excited to start my classes in August I’ve made friends with my roommate it’s great. Super stoked for college

Ashlyn

It is such a beautiful campus they do their best to ensure that every girl there is treated with so much respect so they know they are able to accomplish anything and they can have some help on the way so they do not have to do anything by themselves. Everyone there is always wanted to be included in things whether it is a study group or even a sleepover in a dorm. Maybe a movie night on the grass in the middle of the campus, everyone is there with a smile on their face to enjoy their campus their classes and their peers.

Alyssa

Converse College has a wonderful atmosphere. There are many clubs and sports teams to be a part of. If you are able to get involved, Converse is a great place to be. There are small class sizes, so all of your professors will know your name. The professors are willing and wanting to create a personal connection with each of their students and typically give out their cellphone numbers to all of their students. They are willing to talk and help you through things almost anytime you need them. Also, Converse is an all girl school, but it is not that bad once you get here. There are many surrounding schools that you can go to and have the "college experience" at ad then you get to come back to school later that night and you will find parking and be able to go to sleep without having to listen to different parties happening. If you decide to stay in on the weekends, it is often quiet and peaceful. The campus is beautiful and is surrounded by many things to do. Converse has many opportunities for students to be successful in college and once you leave and go into the real world.

Priscilla

I am a freshman so I am still getting used to everything . Converse College seems like it is a pretty impressive arts and music school. Although it is an arts and music school it embraces other majors very well. I can't wait to find out what more the school has to offer

Shekinah

I love the character and tradition there, when I visited I felt like I was already apart of the school. The tour guide told me about a tradition where if an old student gets married that they take her to the fountain for a dive. It’s those things that make a place a home, or a great swimming pool!

Converse College is an excellent college. It is a small, liberal arts college that is currently all female on the undergraduate level. Males may attend the graduate programs though. Converse College has a true sense of tradition and community while also focusing on current events and being relevant to the current generation. It has been empowering young women since 1889. Traditionally it is known for the arts and education programs but has recently added and/or enhanced the science programs. It is very hands on meaning students are encouraged to participate in events, internships, travel opportunities and more in order to gain experience in their preferred field. The majority of graduates feel well prepared to enter the work force or attend graduate programs after graduation. Located in a small but growing town near many other colleges and universities, Converse College is an ideal place to learn and earn your degree.

Converse is an amazing school. I mean, it has its faults, but so does every school. Converse is like family, and you really feel at home here surrounded by your peers. There are many on campus resources, class sizes are small and professors are personable and see you as a person and not just a number.

Nhu

Converse is one of the most affordable colleges in South Carlolina, despite being a private institution. It doesn't have a large, sprawling campus so it's easy to walk to different places. It is also very green and full of nature. However, there are several places on the pathways that are uneven, or damaged. Furthermore, it can be extremely muddy whenever it rains. The dorm rooms on campus are clean and comfortable. Faculty and staff are approachable and willing to help. Food served in the dining hall are diverse, fresh, and delicious. There's free wifi for students across the entire campus, though it does ocassionally glitch. This being an all-female college, the atmosphere is very warm and soothing. Everyone is so friendly and there is a distince sense of community. Converse also offers tons of resources, services, and special events to promote academic success for their students. Converse College is definitely the ideal place to go for a well-rounded, incredible education.

olyvia

I personally love this college from the inside out. It is not only a beautiful place but it makes me feel like I am at home. I think I am going to love attending this college in the fall. As people have told me they have great academics and sports which I am interested in. The students get along so well with each other. I think that converse college will definitely be one of my favorite life experiences that I am going to go through not just in the class room but outside it with my fellow peers. I hope to be able to excel in my college life at this school.

Laguerre

I think it’s a good school