Joshua Tree, CA
Copper Mountain Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Copper Mountain Community College

James

Small college with small classes. There isn't much as far as college culture and recreation, being that students do not live on campus. The instructors are wonderful and passionate about teaching. The facilities are nice. Unfortunately they do not have a music performance program.

Michelle

The campus itself is very open, since there are no fences you cannot step over. There have been a few assaults and thefts on campus but nothing major. The driver's around and on campus are terrible, and there have been quite a few accidents. Educationally, the campus is adequate. As with all colleges, the education depends on the professor, and, for the most part, the professors are at minimum acceptable. Culturally, the college is a mashup of different beliefs and political views. The professors also have many different beliefs and views, and some are more vocal about them than others. The way they are vocal also differs, with some negatively effecting the environment and some positively effecting the environment. Lastly, the college offers many free study aids, such as the library, the student success center, the ACCESS center, and the learning resource center, where they have both student and faculty tutors available for free.

Hayley

Copper mountain college is a great community college, and offers all the wants and needs one could think of!

My school is in a small town, but still offers a great variety of classes, with excellent teachers.

Rebecca

The school is very diverse for how small it is, although I wish their arts department was more well-rounded.

My classmates are too diverse to sum up; some are retired and taking classes for pleasure, while some are fresh out of high school and are heading towards their first degree.

The thing I would stress most to my high school self would be that college life should be about more than just a degree. Do not abandon your other hopes and dreams in pursuit of a degree. The tunnel vision will make achieving aspirations nearly impossible. You may get a degree in business administration, but if you don't continue to dance you can never open a dance studio. If you only pursue a career because you've been told you must have one for a job, you may survive through college and get a job. However, if you pursue something you are truly passionate about, you will find motivation to get through study sessions, the willpower to get out of bed and go to class. A degree should make attaining your goals easier. Use your time in college to build a foundation for your passion. Don't force yourself to fit inside a category because it is easier. See the courses as an opportunity to expand your knowledge and tailor your schedule to suit your needs. Ultimately, the degree proves only that you are teachable. Your experiences during class and the learning experience will matter most in the end.

Julian

My high school is small but has all the tools you need to be successful, the teachers understand you and want to help you succeed it is the students of Yucca Valley High who do not want to succeed and if they want to they seem to not have the vision to what could be there's if they work hard the enviroment is what discourages the students they see nothing but desert with nothing to help inspire them but themselves.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself about what life is and how it works i would of told myself to pay more attention in school and to study more. My whole life people told me that i should study more and listen to my teachers but I never listened. I was not a bad student at all , I was not disrespectful or a student who got into trouble but I did not work as hard as I should of in school. I always tried to just get by without any effort and I regret that now. When I was in high school I did not care for school but now that I am out of school I want more of it. If I could go back in time I would of told myself to not take a free education for granite because now school is no longer free and I want school more than ever.

There is not one person who should not attend this school. I beleive that everyone needs an education and if they have one already they should want a higher education. Coppper Mountain College is small yes but the education is the same and it is not the size of the school that matters but the quality of the education that the school provides. I beleive that Copper Mountain College is a great school and everyone should attend because it will only improve yourself and your future.

Maya

Most people are in the nursing program. CMC is also a great place to get your general education credits done on the cheap.

As a person who waited ten years between high school and college, I would have a lot to say to my former self. First of all, I would recommend going straight to community college out of high school. Go to a college in your town if you have the opportunity to keep living with your parents. Once you get your AA you can take a year off if you still aren't sure what career path you want. If you go to university without a clear idea of the career you want, you won't appreciate the experience. But if you wait too long to go to college, life takes over and you have a lot more to juggle with running a household and having a family. Once you are in college, make your schoolwork a high priority but keep your life balanced with family and friends and avoid getting self absorbed.

if campus life, community and partying is important to you, this is not the place for you. also if you have high standards for teachers and want challenging classes, cmc is not for you.

Tessa

Since I am a new resident of the desert, I have found my classmates to be extremely helpful and supportive of one another.

I would walk up to myself, grab myself by the shoulders, and shake the daylights out of me. I would make sure my past self understood how important it was to sign up for all the federal aid possible, apply like crazy for scholarships/grants, and to force myself to do better in math. That way, I could be accepted into a 4-year, accredited university's Accelerated Computer Science (Bachelor of Science) degree program and be working for a video game design company within the next 2-3 years. Oh, and I would tell myself to invest in Apple's new Macbook debut in 2008, they're incredibly popular right now.

Best thing about Copper Mountain College is its available parking. Copper is actully building a solar carport/parking lot right now! I attended a 4 year accredited university, where we fought daily with each other for parking. With some people, it turned ugly and vindictive.

Carrie

WOW. What a question. I believe that I wouldn't be back in college if I hadn't been through several major life changes. I decided to go into nursing after a gastric bypass and losing 279 pounds. If I were to go back to my high-school self- I would suggest to take classes that I was interested me. Not just the general ed, but art, history, psychology, medical terminology, things that would peak my interest and keep me on a directed and focused path. I would tell myself to be real with my counselor and not just tell them what they want to hear, I'd want myself to realize that I am there for myself. Not my dad, not my mom, but for me.

The worst thing about my school would also be the best thing. It's location. It's very remote. While be nestled against the beautiful Joshua tree National Park area, it's 20 miles from my home each way.

A focused person. While school is important for social aspects and is an important time for social interaction, it is a time for learning. Learning takes focus and time.

Marquell

I would say, "Marquell you are now a senior and is where wisdom has to kick in. This your last year in high school and you have decide what are you going to do after you graduate. What you decide will affect of infect youf future. Education is very important. No one in your family has ever finished college. You now all the struggles they have because they did not further thier education. This is my last year and somehow I believe that there is a new chapter to begin. Scared I am. But I keep looking at the end results if I don't and the results if I do. I know witghout an education you can not get a good job and you will live from pay check to pay check. I do know I don't want to be like that. I want be sucssessful and I am determined to suceed . Now it is time to get serious and focus. I think to myself college is for me. This is the time you grow up. The guys,parties and friends wil;l be there after but right now I choose life and I have goals to accoplish.

ted

I would tell myself that the world would be a hard place to surive in today market the student would need more education because the student life will be much hard and that a high school diploma will not give you a leg up on the everyone else the student who have a degree will be pay more than high school graduate because student with less experinece but might have a great knowledge of the what they are doing the today because are student are suffering just to make end meet are student are trying some might dropout of college but if you proceed with a college education you will make.

I believe that CopperMountainCollege in johusa tree has the best nursing program in the high desert and they prepare their student for the best possible job I also believe that the student at Copper Mountain College is on the cutting edge both in there training and experinece and the way staff train the nursing student to be careful how they would act take care of the patient and to avoid any malpracite in the field I also be that the student can avoid doing anything wrong to their patient and the their staff giving them a the best training.

I brag that Copper Mountain College has the best nursing program in the world because of the major intensive caring that a student in Copper Mountian College has to it patient and to the staff most student go beyond their Associate Art Degree and proceed to get their Bacholar Nurising Degree and their Master Nursing degree and I also believe that student who are at Copper Mountian College would be great place to send a person to see what I am bragging about the student population show what remark progress a student can achieve if they put their mind.

Copper Mountain Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.