Corban University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Corban University

Angelica

When I visited the campus, I fell in love. The landscape was beautiful. The teachers and staff were terrific, and there seemed to be so many activities to do on and around campus. But most of all, I loved how personal it is. They are there to help you succeed. You are not just a number to them, and they personalize everything they do for you. That is what I liked most about my visit and being in contact with them.

Natasha

I have really enjoyed my time at Corban University! The campus is beautiful and is located not far from downtown Salem--Oregon's capital. There are many clubs, music and sporting activities, and outdoor activities. The professors are experts in the subjects they teach and take the time to know the students. The class sizes are smaller than many other colleges and universities, making the students and professors feel like family.

I love Corban. My university has a strong Christian community, which is extremely welcoming. Professors have high academic standards, and provide enough support for you to reach those standards.

Isaac

It's awesome. The professors are amazing, the student community is fascinating, and the food is pretty good, too. Dorm life is awesome here, and the campus is actually rated as the 4th most safe in the entire nation. That's pretty good! I would heartily recommend Corban to anyone looking for a great Christian college.

Cyrene

Corban University is a great college if you're looking for a small amazing Christian environment. Everyone here is so kind and the teachers are nice and personable. Many of the professors are Pastors and past missionaries so you're going to learn so much. The campus location is right out of town so having or knowing someone with a car is best but at least you're not stuck in the center of town. The view is beautiful considering the correctional facilities below but don't worry about that because Corban is the safest campus in the state of Oregon and there are adorable police dogs that you can see around campus. There is a vast variety of people, athletes make up a third of the school population but our school does not falter to miss what everyone is needing. We have a huge Choir and Band, the plays are wonderful and welcome everybody. There are also so many groups for the people who love the outdoors and go camping, hiking, sledding. This school has it all, the facilities are decent but could use improvement and the food is alright my favorite is the Mongolian bar on Wednesday at lunch! Corban is really a great school and has so much to offer. As for the learning, every undergraduate student gets their minor in Bible Ministry. The hardest programs in the school are the Education programs and the science programs. The positive is that with the Education program you are already in the classroom from freshman year observing and getting experience till senior year where you are student teaching. I have learned so much since I came to Corban and it is not the decision I regret making at all.

melanie

Corban is a really good school. If you're a city person, expect a huge change because it's in a somewhat isolated location. Corban is almost like an up-and-coming school so with regards to majors they don't have a lot of variety and if they do have a major you're interested in, they have enough classes to get you your undergraduate degree, but might not have a lot of options outside of the bare minimum. But what really makes Corban such a great school are the people. Everyone is super friendly and people usually get along with each other. The professors and the staff are very caring and genuinely concerned with your well being and that you succeed in whatever endeavors you plan to do in the future. The community on-campus is amazing and you feel that you're at a second rather than a school. If you choose to come to Corban University, you will not be disappointed.

Alexis

It is an amazing school with a lot of amazing opportunities. I am so happy that I have the privelage to go here. As far as values, corban has amazing ones. They really strive as a community to make sure everyone is involved in the stuff going on in the community. Corban University has great opportunities for community inlvolvement as well. They have a lot of programs that are easily accessible to all students

After I graduated high school, and I went to a community college to get basic credits. Being there, I realized that I needed to find a place that would fit my personality, beliefs, way of learning, and that was overall a fun place to be. When I stepped onto the Corban University campus for my first visit, I was blown away by what I found. With a way of life all its own and a campus vibe that draws you in, Corban seemed like the perfect fit for me and my learning style. I would highly recommend Corban University to anyone looking for a college. No matter what you’re dreaming to do in life, you can be sure Corban will have your back and help you to make a difference.

Joshua

It is a very good school with great academics. The primary issues of this school boil down to the fact there are some very old buildings on campus, the food is quite mediocre with restrictive hours. You are going to want to go to this school for great connections with faculty, other students, great classes and a beautiful campus. You will not want to go to this school if optimal living conditions and excellent food are of importance.

Julia

Corban University is a great school! Not only is a place where you will learn a lot in your academics and in who you are, but you also learn a lot spiritually and are able to grow in that. The campus is really beautiful and there is something for everyone! The people are also super nice and friendly.

Jacob

Corban is a great place to be. It is possibly the friendliest most uplifting and happy place I have ever experienced in my life. People here are just amazing, whether it be students, professors, or just other staff, you can always look forward to seeing a friendly face. The campus itself is absolutely stunning, seeming as it is literally in the middle of a forrest. It is built on a hill so mobility is a must, and the food can get a little rough at times, but the atmosphere here, and the shear love of God and His people is easy to see day in and day out.

Normandy

First of all I want to state that Corban is not for everyone. I know this because many of the people who come in as freshmen do not stay, like me. I was not sheltered growing up, which seems to be the case around this university when talking to the students. There are many classmates and hall mates that did things that I was so confused they were still doing past the age of 12. I was in a dorm with 3 other girls who got upset about the smallest things and instead of talking to me about it we were brought into a counseling session? Maybe this was just my experience, but it seemed as though many of the people there acted this way. The boys and girls are separated in every dorm except one. There are many rules about boys and girls being together, which is understandable because of the nature of a Christian college. It ended up feeling as though it was a segregated school because I never would see boys unless it was class or eating considering they are only allowed in your dorm for 5 hours a week from 5-10 on Fridays, which there were always games at that time so it never happened. Plus, it was hard to get to know people who you never have a chance to talk with. I am not someone who likes to hang out with only girls 24/7, so thats my problem. Chapel and bible study aren't mandatory in the way that you will get in trouble if you don't go, but if God forbid you skip chapel to do homework or study and you are the one person walking away from the chapel building while everyone else is filing into it, you will get the eye from a lot of people judging you for not attending. Also, when you have a class at 7 in the morning and you have homework for that class due the next day, and you don't want to go to bible study because you need to finish it, your RA might just sit outside your door or bang on it and if you open it they might drag you to their room without listening to reason. I am just stating all of this because I was not forewarned by anyone before I went to this college all of the things that they forget to tell you when you visit. :)

Alicia

Corban University was the first school I visited and it ended up being the perfect fit for me. Corban brings such a unique perspective on life through the different students and professors. I believe Corban is a great college. The professors, staff, and students all strive to make Corban the tight knit community that it is.

Roxanne

The thing that makes Corban so great is its community. The way that people care for one another on campus and off is a very unique thing to see. The teachers at Corban go above and beyond to make sure that students aren't just getting the education they applied for but also that they are feeling loved and cared for through out the struggles that may present themselves through out a semester.

Dina

I love this school. The atmosphere is friendly and everyone knows each other. It's small but that makes school and learning a bit easier because you can ask anyone for help. This school provides a great spiritual atmosphere and the professors are available to help at anytime.

Shaila

My overall opinion of Corban is a positive one. The food is pretty good and there is always a variety to choose from. The academics are great and the Professors are awesome. They really want to invest in you and see you succeed and they are available pretty much all the time. There's also a lot to do outside of the classroom including several different sports and a bunch of different clubs to join such as hiking, art, and writing (both free writing and poetry) clubs along with many others.

Leslie

I love it everyone is so nice. I really enjoy my classes especially since the professors actually show interest in their student. And not just in an academic level but in our personal lifes if we need it. Corban is a christian school and the professors are praying constantly for their student.

Cami

Corban is an amazing school. The professors are very approachable along with other students. Everyone is super nice and has the same love for God. I love my dorm as well, the community is amazing on campus. I’ve made a ton of friends with the same interests and no one I know parties so we’re all there to learn.

Tacie

I was so scared of going to a school out of state until I visited Corban University. We aren't just a school on a hill, our teachers don't just care about the paycheck and the students don't come to class with a bad attitude - We are a family, and no one has to go through anything alone. We don't have Greek life on campus, but we do have a close-knit student body. I'm a first-year student, and I have really good friends that are graduate students. Age and status don't matter when it comes to the students, we are all people, and we are all there for one another.

Juan

I love Corban University. It was honestly the best decision that I have made. I could write a book about why Corban University has my heart, not today, well maybe. The professors at Corban University are always more than happy to help students who are needing help. I am glad to have professors that would drop everything whenever I am going through a crisis. The students at Corban are just amazing. i have made friends with people from ever major at Corban. The whole sight of campus is just beautiful and nature filled. Whether its taking some time in the morning for a walk, or going back to my dorm late at night from practicing piano, I am always touched by the nature of the campus. There have been moments when I have seen deer just minding their own business on campus and I just can't help but smile. There are so many other things about Corban that I could talk about, but it's better to experience it live by taking a tour. When I visited campus, I just knew that Corban was going to be my home.