Washington, DC
Corcoran College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Corcoran College of Art and Design

Aidan

My classmates were easily intimidated by talent.

My classmates were easily intimidated by talent.

Take your grades seriously but don't sweat the small stuff. You actually CAN do anything you set your mind to, but being a hard worker is more important than simply being smart. Do not date Josh senior year.

The job I got out of it at the end working as a graphic designer for sweetgreen.

Heather

Self, you are going to need to draw and creatively write every day. Take your small black journal and sketchbook with you everywhere you go. Never stop taking time to draw. Do this especially when you have strong feelings throughout your day! Keep this book and guard it with your life. This is your portfolio and practice piece to get into an art college. Corcoran is not an easy school to get into. Think about stories you want to tell, social issues you hold close to you, and mediums and methods you would like to work in. Make some decisions early and be sure about them because you will only be a stronger candidate for acceptance into Corcoran when you know what you want to say and create. Hold your ground on your stances you take. Don't be bullied and don't allow the competitive vibe into your head. You are your own competition. You make your own goals and keep in mind the steps you want to take to achieve them. You are special and unique and have a lot to offer the world. You are going to be a great contributing member of society in the future!

The amount of projects and type of projects are diverse. I'm free to explore techniques in art and design here.

I wish I knew more about the software I would be using.

Aris

I would tell myself little, but to keep working hard and focused as I know I all ready am. I would tell yonger me to not worry so much about the little things but stay true to myself and my own individual vison. I can make it all happen, I just have to believe in myself and try. After all, I made it into the college of my first choice, and the grad school of my first choosing. I can do this.

I wish I knew where the cheap places to live were since freshman year.

How un organzed they are with paper work, and notifying the studends of important things concerning the school and the students individually.

Paulette

I would tell my self, go to a bigger school and do digital media no matter what. If i end up at the corcoran go Digital Media instead of Fine Arts/MAT. Also MOVE OUT. You have no social life.

Our Photojournalism, our teachers such as Bill Newman and Casey Smith.

Grace

Start college right away, don't take a semester off because catching up by taking summer courses will be difficult.

The commute and the lack of break from academic work.

There is typically so much work that it is nearly impossible to relax or have any time of social life at all, depending on the major you are in. fine art majors typically do not have much work. Graphic Designers are working 24/7 with no hopes of a break.

Corcoran College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.