Mount Vernon, IA
Cornell College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornell College

Fixed  rate loan

Maia

Cornell College is a fantastic little school in rural Iowa. The block plan is a really great way to learn, because it keeps class sizes very small. You really get to know your professors and your classmates. If you're looking for a bigger, more connected school, this isn't the one for you, but it's great for anyone seeking a close-knit campus in a beautiful setting.

Leonard

It's a great small school that has a great community within the student body and the staff.

Shay

Overall I generally enjoy Cornell College. Their academic curriculum of one course at a time is very efficient and effective for me. I feel like I am learning life skills while attending Cornell College that are going to be beneficial in my future.

Suna

Cornell College pushes students to build their character and skills inside and outside of class. Overall, I have learned who I am as an individual at Cornell College and how I can plan my future accordingly. I am positive that I will be ready to jump into a different environment at the end of my Cornell College career.

Madeline

I love the school. I grew up in Colorado and was very nervous to go away from home, however, the people are amazing. There are always something to do and people to hang out with, if wanted. I love the small class sizes, it allows for you to have the chance to have relationships with professors as well as other students.

david

Cornell college has given me the confidence required to fail. The professors take advantage of small class sizes to get to know their students, which is invaluable for a person searching for a personable education. The small town of Mt. Vernon is secluded, which keeps the students on task with their academics and extracurriculars, but it is not so secluded that there is no fun to be had. Most of all, the students at Cornell are what make the school special. With an unrelenting desire to better their community and our world, Cornell College students truly have made me a better person, and are sure to make you better too.

Marcelo

Great environment, awesome professors, amazing sport coaches and 2nd best students food court in the nation!

Jeannette

Cornell is the best school to go to! I love the One Course at a Time academic calender, so we basically only take one class at a time! We have a 4 day break every time we finish a class. The courses and professors are great.

Bailey

Cornell College is a school with a unique schedule made for unique students.

Cornell College is a school with a unique schedule made for unique students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and give myself advice, I would tell myself to stop stressing. I spent so much of senior year stressing about applications and decisions that I did not fully get to enjoy so much of my final year in high school. I would have told myself that there is a certain feeling you get when you know what's right for you, in this instance which college is right for me. I knew as soon as I visited Cornell College that that was the school for me. However I didn't do that until February so I could have spent so much less time worrying about making the wrong choice.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is located in a state that actually has winter. I was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona, so adjusting to winter, and seeing snow for the first time has been quite the experience.

The first advice I would give myself is to enjoy my senior year and also to look into more schools. I did not look into that many schools, although, I do not regret attending Cornell College. I would also look more into scholarships and grants. The best life advice I would give to myself is to live life to the fullest. I worried about a lot of things during my senior year and forgot to actually have fun. That everything is temporary and we should appreciate everything we have.

My school is a liberal arts school and everyone is really liberal and open-minded. Everyone is involved in everything and everyone knows each other. Cornell College is like a family. Everyone is nice to each other and we help each other out. Cornell students are also really extrovert and willing to learn something new. So if a person is introvert and does not like to participate in school events, in other words, does not have school spirit, then Cornell College is not the best fit for them.

Cornell College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.