Cornell University Top Questions

What's the Greek scene like?

Zac

We have more fraternities than almost any other college in the country (40 I think), so there is one for everyone. On top of that, we have 15 multicultural frats and 12 sororities. Our Greek community is one of the best. 32{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of guys are in frats and 23{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the girls in sororities. The people who aren't in Greek life are just as fun too, so don't think anything of that statistic. It shouldn't scare you away from Cornell at all if you are that type of person because #1 there are so many people at Cornell that it doesn't make a difference, #2 the people in Greek life are really diverse, and #3 you can have just as much fun not being in a Greek chapter. Somehow it works out that between the twenty or so more outgoing frats, there are still mixers with one of the 12 sororities around once a week. There are always frat parties, though an official rule this year outlawed freshmen attending them. If you want to party there is not much else to go to. As I said, there is a frat for everyone, whether you're the quite nerdy type, the super extroverted type, the stereotypical bro, the jock or the normal guy. And each frat has a little bit of each. Ok, that sounds corny as hell, but for the most part it is true.

Bryce

Cornell has over sixty frats and sororities, making it have one of the best Greek systems out there. The houses really add to the campus. Unlike many other places, there's something out there for everyone. There are the traditional social frats, but then there are houses that have a focus for music, engineers, community service, anything you can think of!