Cornell University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cornell University

I love the environment and the people at my university. Starting my freshman year, there were many activities and meetings available to me for getting to know the campus and my academic resources. I always felt safe, even walking around campus at night on the rare occasion that I did. There were always things to do around campus, you just had to find the time to do them and you needed to have good ears around campus.

I have honestly loved my overall experience at Cornell. I believe that university should be a time to acquire knowledge and better yourself, and the academic environment at Cornell enables this growth. If you enjoy being challenged and enjoy learning more about subjects for which you have passion,I definitely recommend this school!

Soni

Cornell University has a beautiful campus with a diverse group of people and a great range of activities. Both the academic and activities side of Cornell seems to abound and is plentiful. The facilities are a beautiful mix of modern and traditional architecture and there are many places for both quiet, individual study as well as group studying.

Mariam

Cornell is a really special place. The academic opportunities are endless: students are involved in so many different hands on experiences. Engineering students for example, participate in research and/or project teams, and many clubs are available for those interested in business, pre-med, pre-law, etc. Students are definitely challenged, but there are lots of resources, as long as you are willing to go out and advocate for yourself. No one will hold your hand here. Printing and laundry are not free, which sucks. There also isn't much night life in Ithaca that does not revolve around partying, so if that isn't your vibe, that may not be the most fun.

Kaitlyn

Cornell is a place that anyone could turn into a home. The University's academically-driven yet collaborative environment isn't overly-competitive or stressful and creates a healthy challenge for top-notch students. With over 14,000 undergrads from all walks of life, everyone is bound to find their group and become a life-long fan of the Big Red

Cornell University offers opportunities for students to find their passions and discover new areas of interest while working with extraordinary faculty. While it can sometimes be difficult to meet with all the professors, the best professors make time for their students and really care about their students as people. There are so many different clubs and organizations to get involved in, and students can do anything from raise guide dogs to play sports to dance and sing. Overall, Cornell University provided me with great experiences, friends, and direction for my future.

Camille

Cornell University is a great school and is certainly incredibly well known for it's academics. There are always more opportunities than you have time for here which is a good problem to have. Cornell is a good investment but as with any school just attending Cornell will not in and by itself make you successful. In fact I would argue that any school including Cornell and any of the other Ivy League schools are just brands that people really associate with success, so its a good 'brand' to invest in but the difference between failure and success in your professional life will always be you, not the school you went to.

Christina

It's an extremely stressful university at times, especially because of the weather. Everyone has a drive to perform to their fullest extent which pushes others to do their best as well. Definitely a work hard play hard environment.

Clara

Personally, I love Cornell University and everything it has to offer. There’s clubs ranging anywhere from baking bread, to running, to talking about politics. In addition to that, in every class I’ve been in so far, my mind has felt expanded and I’ve been introduced to things I would have never previously thought of. The sports teams’ cultures are great and the people and professors are amazing as well. The campus itself is beautiful and I don’t think there’s a better place to attend!

Adam

Great school, with something to do always, both academically and for fun.

Louise

It's an amazing school with great people, resources, and faculty. As a government major (and a student of the humanities which is a general minority at the university), I love going to my classes and doing the work. It sounds strange, but the classes I've taken have all been extremely interesting and I feel engaged. The TAs, for the most part, are helpful and accessible and grade fairly. If you want to reach out to professors they are there for you too. Party scene wise, I am in a sorority on campus and do engage socially. It is there if you want it, but I have also spent Saturday nights binging the Bachelor with my friends and eating Cheetos. The on-campus housing is good depending on where you get put, but I was in Balch my first semester and should have have been paying the same amount for someone who lives in CKB (which has AC, clean floors, and working lights). Most of my friends are not within my major, so you definitely will meet people not from your general College.