Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Rebecca

Don't be afraid to be alone. It may seem scary at first, but constantly having to be with another person will do you more damage than good. Take time to get to know yourself and what you want out of life. Do not waste all your time worrying about what other people think but pave your own way, find your own happiness, and let yourself heal.

It is very small, which helps students to develop relationships with their professors as well as fellow students. The location is also great. It is in Michigan's second largest city and has many attractions nearby that students can enjoy.

Small, personal campus where high moral and academic standards are expected. Not only students' minds are educated but also their emotional and spiritual selves.

My classmates are there to support me and help me grow with the guidance of God and their faith.

I've experienced two types of differents colleges. I am not a genius when it comes to school, but I work hard to get the good grades that I get. I have learned that college is a lot more important and this is where it counts. The college experience has taught me how to live on my own and have confidence in myself. There have been so many late nights and stressful weeks, but I have learned that it is all going to be worth it in the end if I just keep pushing forward with a positive attitude. Jobs are slim and schools want the best of the best teachers. My college experience has been valuable to me becuase it has taught me to be disciplined and diligent with my time. This incredible and growing experience has helped me to become the person I am today; ready to face the world with a confidence that I am going to succeed in anything I do. I understand that I may fail once, twice, even a thousand times, but I get right back up and try harder the next time.

I am currently a transfer from Muskegon Community College going to Cornerstone University. It has been such a hectic process trying to figure out the classes I need to take to stay on track while transfering to a Christian school. There was no communication between my Admissions Counselor and my Academic Advisor. I have been all over the place because no has communicated the right information for me. That has been the worst thing about Cornerstone. It seems a lot of administrators make it difficult for transfers when communicating about classes, what class you are, and credits.

Ryan

My college experience has been valuable in helping me to decide what I want to do with my life. When I first entered college, I seriously thought that I wanted to be a journalist and work in the newspaper industry. After two years of working with the campus newspaper (including one year as managing editor), I have discovered that it is not a good fit for me or my personality. Instead, I have found another area that has really drawn my interest: Anglo-Saxon and early English literature. The examples that my Humanities professors have set has helped me to decide that I would like to follow in their footsteps. I am currently in the beginning stages of exploring my options in graduate schools, and I want to get an M.A. and Ph.D. in English and teach at the collegiate level. I want to be able to make the same kinds of impacts on college students in the future that my professors have made on me.

Many students don't seem to apply themselves very much to their education here. Those that do can get a really good education, but those that don't can get easily get by anyway. The school just isn't academically rigorous enough in many of its academic divisions, and it reflects badly on all students, whether they apply themselves or not.

The professors are extremely interested in their students's lives. I never feel like they're there just because it's a job. They are there for students to help them if they need it, and they really want to help them be the best people they can be.

Tiffany

A faith base, bible college that emphasises on a a relationship with God and how that plays out in the culture.

Cornerstone is know for its' Christian Contemorary Music degree and the faith-based circulum.

I have discovered myself at college. I have come to understand why I react to certian things the way I do. College has taught me how to budget my time between leisure time and work. I have also come to value family and friends. This has been a valuable time thus far because of the friends I have made the the information I have learned. I now look at the world in a different light because of the ideas I have been taught. College has also taught me to question what I am being taught and that it is okay to question what you believe because you will find the truth through questioning what you have been taught.

Madison

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would go back and tell myself to live everyday to the fullest. "Carpe Diem" would become my motto - seize the day! God has given me many opportunities in my life to take risks and to open myself up to the world and scream out this is who I am and I love God. I wish that I would have known that everything would work out in choosing a college and loving it because God does have a plan and He tells us to run towards the finish line. Run means to run and not look back or stop. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself, take a deep breath and get ready to run to the Lord Almighty for He is my one and only.

I wish that I would have known how many great people I would meet. I have started to make life-long relationships on and off the softball field. The girls on my team our my sisters and I absolutely love all of them! The girls in my dorm building all have something different to offer to everyone and it is simply amazing.

The worst thing about my school is the sports fields. It's not the sports fields itself, but that we do not have any lights above the soccer field and softball diamond. Lights would really allow our athletes to practice later in the day, once more students get out of class and would allow them to have later games, so more people would be able to come and support our programs.

Andrew

My school is best know for having a Christian atmosphere The environment at Cornerstone University is very friendly and a great place for Christans who strive to deepen their relationships with God. The professors are all Christians and strive to make students have the knowledge to be successful in their careers and in their relationship with God. The chapels at Cornerstone University are a great way to have a worship time with God and to have some questions answered through the teachings.

I would advise myself to take more AP classes, so that I would not have to apy for the classes at the college level. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it when one is signing up for classes in college. In your freshman year at college, you are going to want to hang out more with friends than study and do homework. I advise you to find a balance between homework and friends. You need to know when is the right time to hang out with friends and when is the right time to do homework. You need to apply for a lot of scholarships. It does not matter if you think you are not going to get any scholarship money. Apply anyway. It does not hurt to try. Also, it does not matter how small or big the scholarship money is; it is free money. Finally, if you have the ability, stay at home during your college experience. It is a lot of fun living on campus, but it costs a whole lot more to do so. I advise you to live at home for your four years.

I wish I would have known the seriousness of the tuition at Cornerstone. In my freshman year, my parents got a loan for my first year. In the next year, I could not go back to Cornerstone., because my parents could not get out a loan; their credit was bad. I am a junior and am back at Cornerstone; now, I have to work to pay off the remainder of the tuition. I wish I and my parents would have planned more financially for my time at Cornerstone.

My class mates are fun-loving, supportive, energetic Christians who are excited to follow God's plan.

Cornerstone University is best know for its strong Christian community. We also are located by a big city, yet still in the suburbs, so our campus is the best of both worlds.

Dear Nicole, First, I would like to tell you that God has a special plan for you; do not worry, but instead trust in the Lord. Second, I would recommend that you follow your heart or your gut instinct because you are ultimatly in control of your happiness. Lastly, I would say to live with out regrest, to love unconditionally, and to remember that everyone makes mistakes. Livin' life to the fullest, -Me

Kymberlee

I would tell myself not to worry too much about the college curriculum. It is harder, and puts more stress on you, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would also tell myself that the successes I achieve in college are what's going to help me be more confident in myself. I would assure myself that there's nothing wrong with needing to ask questions, because the teachers want you to understand the material, and they aren't here to make you fail. They're here to help you succeed, and that's all they want to see.

Briana

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school, and know what I know about life at Cornerstone, I would tell myself three things. The first one I would bring up would be that I did make the right choice in picking my college, and that I love it very much. The second thing I would tell myself is to work hard and focus on what you and to get as much as you can from what the staff and other student have to teach you. You have amazing friends and teachers. The third thing that I would have to remind myself would be that I have to trust God completely and put my faith in him, so that if he wants me there, than he will give me the way so that?s what will happen. College is what I needed I life and now I?m a different and a much better person.

What I would consider the worst thing about my school is how long our winter break is. I live with more than two hundred people in my dorm, and now I am back with just my family. It may sound silly but that is the only thing I do not like about my school. I loved my classes and my friends at Cornerstone. I cannot wait for my new classes to start and try my best. Most people can?t wait for break, but most of us are begging to go back home, to Cornerstone!

What I brag most about is how much I have changed as a person.When I was in high school I was never very social, but now I?m not so quite any more. I have learned a great deal from my teachers and the staff members at Cornerstone University. I have grown closer to God and made more friends than I ever had growing up! College was the best thing that ever happened to me and it will continue to be a great part in my life. So I guess I?m bragging about the people in my life!

At Cornerstone there is a variety of people, some very different from me

At Cornerstone there is a variety of people, some very different from me

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to not want to grow up fast, love high school and not be so ready to be done with your senior year. Be ready for the school you picked and make sure you know all of the restrictions and all of the rules, be ready for this. Be ready not to agree with everything that goes on and be ready to lose friends and make some new ones. Be ready for the huge transition of not living at home and not having everything right there for you, know that you will miss your family and friends, its hard to be away from them. Make sure you are ready for the amount of shool work that is coming your way and be ready to study more than you do now. Be ready to meet people you don't really get along with but know that God wants you to love everyone, and most importantly live your life to the fullest, and remember that college definatly comes with its ups and downs, but have fun with it. Live your amazing life.

the most frustrating thing about my school is curfew and the rules

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.