Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Brianna

My classmates are caring people who care if I do well in and out of the classroom. They show that through asking in depth questions not just surface ones.

I would say to myself to not worry, You will make friends by not judging others before they should be judge. You will have great professors that actually care about how you do in the class and of course you personally will have a great team to take good care of you. Some advice would be to not pack so much becuase I will be going home and to buy books online not at the school! Older girls helped me a lot before I even came here so I think I would just say to stay connected.

A person who would attend this school is one that wants to grow in their faith with God, have great friends and be challeneged intellecutally. Students here always talk about how amazing the professors are because they care about the students. There are also great friendships that happen throughout the dorms and even in the classrooms! And of course Cornerstone is a God centered community where you can grow in your faith.

Don't be intimidated by going away from home and attending college-level classes. Yes, it is challenging, but it is so very much worth it. Step out and meet new people, it will be the best decision you will make especially as you meet other students who become your friends who will encourage you in your studies and college experience. Be diligent in your studies and try not to procrastinate, even when the events on and off campus tempt you to put your projects off. The main reason you're attending college is to learn something, all the rest is just an added bonus. Above all else, enjoy yourself! The college years will mold you and shape you in ways you cannot even begin to imagine, so make the most of your experience.

I think the best thing about Cornerstone is the community of students, faculty and staff. This is not only my opinion, but also that of many other students and even prospective students. CU is a friendly, welcoming campus with people who care about each other. The students are amazing and genuinely care about the people around them and the faculty and staff welcome the opportunity to get to know the students and encourage them in their studies as well as their personal lives.

Someone who is not a Christian or who would not like to attend a Christian university, someone who cannot or will not obey rules such as refraining from drug or alcohol use while in attendance, or someone who would not agree to attend the required chapels. Cornerstone is not an overly strict school, but they do expect their students to abide by their standards of conduct as well as their academic standards.

Rebecca

Don't be afraid to be alone. It may seem scary at first, but constantly having to be with another person will do you more damage than good. Take time to get to know yourself and what you want out of life. Do not waste all your time worrying about what other people think but pave your own way, find your own happiness, and let yourself heal.

It is very small, which helps students to develop relationships with their professors as well as fellow students. The location is also great. It is in Michigan's second largest city and has many attractions nearby that students can enjoy.

Small, personal campus where high moral and academic standards are expected. Not only students' minds are educated but also their emotional and spiritual selves.

My classmates are there to support me and help me grow with the guidance of God and their faith.

I've experienced two types of differents colleges. I am not a genius when it comes to school, but I work hard to get the good grades that I get. I have learned that college is a lot more important and this is where it counts. The college experience has taught me how to live on my own and have confidence in myself. There have been so many late nights and stressful weeks, but I have learned that it is all going to be worth it in the end if I just keep pushing forward with a positive attitude. Jobs are slim and schools want the best of the best teachers. My college experience has been valuable to me becuase it has taught me to be disciplined and diligent with my time. This incredible and growing experience has helped me to become the person I am today; ready to face the world with a confidence that I am going to succeed in anything I do. I understand that I may fail once, twice, even a thousand times, but I get right back up and try harder the next time.

I am currently a transfer from Muskegon Community College going to Cornerstone University. It has been such a hectic process trying to figure out the classes I need to take to stay on track while transfering to a Christian school. There was no communication between my Admissions Counselor and my Academic Advisor. I have been all over the place because no has communicated the right information for me. That has been the worst thing about Cornerstone. It seems a lot of administrators make it difficult for transfers when communicating about classes, what class you are, and credits.

Ryan

My college experience has been valuable in helping me to decide what I want to do with my life. When I first entered college, I seriously thought that I wanted to be a journalist and work in the newspaper industry. After two years of working with the campus newspaper (including one year as managing editor), I have discovered that it is not a good fit for me or my personality. Instead, I have found another area that has really drawn my interest: Anglo-Saxon and early English literature. The examples that my Humanities professors have set has helped me to decide that I would like to follow in their footsteps. I am currently in the beginning stages of exploring my options in graduate schools, and I want to get an M.A. and Ph.D. in English and teach at the collegiate level. I want to be able to make the same kinds of impacts on college students in the future that my professors have made on me.

Many students don't seem to apply themselves very much to their education here. Those that do can get a really good education, but those that don't can get easily get by anyway. The school just isn't academically rigorous enough in many of its academic divisions, and it reflects badly on all students, whether they apply themselves or not.

The professors are extremely interested in their students's lives. I never feel like they're there just because it's a job. They are there for students to help them if they need it, and they really want to help them be the best people they can be.

Tiffany

A faith base, bible college that emphasises on a a relationship with God and how that plays out in the culture.

Cornerstone is know for its' Christian Contemorary Music degree and the faith-based circulum.

I have discovered myself at college. I have come to understand why I react to certian things the way I do. College has taught me how to budget my time between leisure time and work. I have also come to value family and friends. This has been a valuable time thus far because of the friends I have made the the information I have learned. I now look at the world in a different light because of the ideas I have been taught. College has also taught me to question what I am being taught and that it is okay to question what you believe because you will find the truth through questioning what you have been taught.

Madison

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would go back and tell myself to live everyday to the fullest. "Carpe Diem" would become my motto - seize the day! God has given me many opportunities in my life to take risks and to open myself up to the world and scream out this is who I am and I love God. I wish that I would have known that everything would work out in choosing a college and loving it because God does have a plan and He tells us to run towards the finish line. Run means to run and not look back or stop. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself, take a deep breath and get ready to run to the Lord Almighty for He is my one and only.

I wish that I would have known how many great people I would meet. I have started to make life-long relationships on and off the softball field. The girls on my team our my sisters and I absolutely love all of them! The girls in my dorm building all have something different to offer to everyone and it is simply amazing.

The worst thing about my school is the sports fields. It's not the sports fields itself, but that we do not have any lights above the soccer field and softball diamond. Lights would really allow our athletes to practice later in the day, once more students get out of class and would allow them to have later games, so more people would be able to come and support our programs.

Andrew

My school is best know for having a Christian atmosphere The environment at Cornerstone University is very friendly and a great place for Christans who strive to deepen their relationships with God. The professors are all Christians and strive to make students have the knowledge to be successful in their careers and in their relationship with God. The chapels at Cornerstone University are a great way to have a worship time with God and to have some questions answered through the teachings.

I would advise myself to take more AP classes, so that I would not have to apy for the classes at the college level. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it when one is signing up for classes in college. In your freshman year at college, you are going to want to hang out more with friends than study and do homework. I advise you to find a balance between homework and friends. You need to know when is the right time to hang out with friends and when is the right time to do homework. You need to apply for a lot of scholarships. It does not matter if you think you are not going to get any scholarship money. Apply anyway. It does not hurt to try. Also, it does not matter how small or big the scholarship money is; it is free money. Finally, if you have the ability, stay at home during your college experience. It is a lot of fun living on campus, but it costs a whole lot more to do so. I advise you to live at home for your four years.

I wish I would have known the seriousness of the tuition at Cornerstone. In my freshman year, my parents got a loan for my first year. In the next year, I could not go back to Cornerstone., because my parents could not get out a loan; their credit was bad. I am a junior and am back at Cornerstone; now, I have to work to pay off the remainder of the tuition. I wish I and my parents would have planned more financially for my time at Cornerstone.

My class mates are fun-loving, supportive, energetic Christians who are excited to follow God's plan.

Cornerstone University is best know for its strong Christian community. We also are located by a big city, yet still in the suburbs, so our campus is the best of both worlds.

Dear Nicole, First, I would like to tell you that God has a special plan for you; do not worry, but instead trust in the Lord. Second, I would recommend that you follow your heart or your gut instinct because you are ultimatly in control of your happiness. Lastly, I would say to live with out regrest, to love unconditionally, and to remember that everyone makes mistakes. Livin' life to the fullest, -Me

Kymberlee

I would tell myself not to worry too much about the college curriculum. It is harder, and puts more stress on you, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would also tell myself that the successes I achieve in college are what's going to help me be more confident in myself. I would assure myself that there's nothing wrong with needing to ask questions, because the teachers want you to understand the material, and they aren't here to make you fail. They're here to help you succeed, and that's all they want to see.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.