Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

My class mates are fun-loving, supportive, energetic Christians who are excited to follow God's plan.

Cornerstone University is best know for its strong Christian community. We also are located by a big city, yet still in the suburbs, so our campus is the best of both worlds.

Dear Nicole, First, I would like to tell you that God has a special plan for you; do not worry, but instead trust in the Lord. Second, I would recommend that you follow your heart or your gut instinct because you are ultimatly in control of your happiness. Lastly, I would say to live with out regrest, to love unconditionally, and to remember that everyone makes mistakes. Livin' life to the fullest, -Me

Kymberlee

I would tell myself not to worry too much about the college curriculum. It is harder, and puts more stress on you, but it's nothing I can't handle. I would also tell myself that the successes I achieve in college are what's going to help me be more confident in myself. I would assure myself that there's nothing wrong with needing to ask questions, because the teachers want you to understand the material, and they aren't here to make you fail. They're here to help you succeed, and that's all they want to see.

Briana

If I could go back to when I was a senior in high school, and know what I know about life at Cornerstone, I would tell myself three things. The first one I would bring up would be that I did make the right choice in picking my college, and that I love it very much. The second thing I would tell myself is to work hard and focus on what you and to get as much as you can from what the staff and other student have to teach you. You have amazing friends and teachers. The third thing that I would have to remind myself would be that I have to trust God completely and put my faith in him, so that if he wants me there, than he will give me the way so that?s what will happen. College is what I needed I life and now I?m a different and a much better person.

What I would consider the worst thing about my school is how long our winter break is. I live with more than two hundred people in my dorm, and now I am back with just my family. It may sound silly but that is the only thing I do not like about my school. I loved my classes and my friends at Cornerstone. I cannot wait for my new classes to start and try my best. Most people can?t wait for break, but most of us are begging to go back home, to Cornerstone!

What I brag most about is how much I have changed as a person.When I was in high school I was never very social, but now I?m not so quite any more. I have learned a great deal from my teachers and the staff members at Cornerstone University. I have grown closer to God and made more friends than I ever had growing up! College was the best thing that ever happened to me and it will continue to be a great part in my life. So I guess I?m bragging about the people in my life!

At Cornerstone there is a variety of people, some very different from me

At Cornerstone there is a variety of people, some very different from me

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell myself to not want to grow up fast, love high school and not be so ready to be done with your senior year. Be ready for the school you picked and make sure you know all of the restrictions and all of the rules, be ready for this. Be ready not to agree with everything that goes on and be ready to lose friends and make some new ones. Be ready for the huge transition of not living at home and not having everything right there for you, know that you will miss your family and friends, its hard to be away from them. Make sure you are ready for the amount of shool work that is coming your way and be ready to study more than you do now. Be ready to meet people you don't really get along with but know that God wants you to love everyone, and most importantly live your life to the fullest, and remember that college definatly comes with its ups and downs, but have fun with it. Live your amazing life.

the most frustrating thing about my school is curfew and the rules

Marissa

Nothing. Well atleast if I'd want to save my breath, I'd save my time for something more worthwhile. If I felt like babbling on about how ACT scores will make or break you, how you should start saving your pennies since you learned to count, and that on the contrary to what most highschoolers wish to believe; being a hardriven student really does pay off throughout college. You see, all of this is extremely valuable information and if taken seriously could lighten the college struggles. But as a senior in highschool I was hardheaded in the sense that I thought I already knew everything there was to know, and my favorite answer when it came to my future was, "Oh, I'll figure something out." I was convinced that I was on top of the world. But low and behold, life came around and I realized I wasn't. With a new profound sense of maturity that one can only accommodate through complete independence, I saw how utterly unprepared and stubborn I was. I received plenty of advice from parents, teachers, and counselors; but getting past myself and taking what they said to heart was the real challenge.

Sharon

It's strong Christian values

It's strong Christian values

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get excited about the friends, academics, and spiritual growth that I was about to encounter. I'd also tell myself to take advantage of AP classes and CLEP tests as these tests are much cheaper than classes. I'd also encourage myself to look into online courses.

How to better plan my schedule, how to take advantage of AP classes and CLEP tests

Briana

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior and tell myself what I know about college life and making the transition, I would only have three pieces of advice. The first would be to start looking for college scholarships, because college is very expansive. The second one would be that it is not worth it to worry about how you are going to do in class and if you make any friends. Just try your best and it will work out, every better then you think it will. The third is that you need to take it slow and try your very hardest on everything you do. College is a very important part of our live. College changes people and you are going to change as well. You will grow in your faith, Social, and in your academic studies. You picked the right school for you!

I believe that every kind of person should come to our school, but I hope is that every person that goes to Cornerstone University wants not just to grow in their field of study, but as a Christian as well and that every person puts in their best effort in everything that they do. This College not only has a great community, it was a great staff that helps EVERYONE do their best.

I think that at my school we should let even non-Christian people to come there. It would be a good chance to witness to them. Before I started college I thought that I wouldn?t like it; I love it! The people at my school will help anyone they can. It?s a good community, and the only people who shouldn?t be allowed in are those set on messing that up! If you ask all most everyone there what is the most important thing they'd say the community. It?s our way of life at Cornerstone University!

Robert

Cornerstone is a Christ-centered university in all the senses of the term.

Cornerstone is a Christ-centered university in all the senses of the term.

File for as many scholarships as you can while keeping up with homework. Any money is good toward college. And SAVE UP!! Money you save is money you can put up to fill in the blanks. Money is also no reason to not stay on campus, the drive sucks so go for the on campus option, much better. (It will also save you from some of the painful situations that you go through on the path you're currently taking.) Also, pay attention in Calculus so you don't have to take it again.

I wish I had known how majorly important it is to sign up and apply for as many scholoarchips as possible and as early as possible so I wouldn't be stuck trying to squeeze money out of everything.

Jamie

College is going to be a lot more fun than high school. Don't stress about failing. You will do fine. Things will be harder in college, but you will do fine. Don't slack off in high school. Do everything to the best of your ability. Ask more questions, and get better grades. It will help you in the end. Develope more good study skills. Don't take anything for granted. Make sure you enjoy high school because great is around the corner. High School isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Just be yourself when in High School. College is where you will get freedom. God wants you to move forward with Him, and try to do His will before you get into college. God is doing great and mighty things. God is good. He wants you to do your best.

The best thing about Cornerstone University is the community. The fact is the community is friendly. I love the community. They try to pull you ou t and get you to do things. You will love the community. When people leave for breaks, they can't wait to get back. I made more friends in college because of the community, more than in high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is there is one teacher who thinks he is the greatest thing ever. He gives a lot of homework, and thinks you don't have any other classes. He is also the hardest teacher at the school.

Leah

Cornerstone has a very strong music program (I'm a music major). They also have a Contemporary Christian Music major, which very few Christian colleges do. Cornerstone has great equipment for sound tech and also a wide variety of on-campus jobs.

You have much to learn. The world is much bigger than your little circle, and yet, you can't save everyone. You have to pick and choose; don't spread yourself too thin. There are so many good organizations with which you can volunteer, but you can't do everything. Go and try new things, but don't turn your back on who you are. The friendships you have now might last into adulthood, but they might not. So much of friendship is based off being near each other - and common interest. When your friends move away, they might not be your friends anymore. Cry a little, and then go out and make new friends. Pay attention in class, but don't spend too much time on your homework. A social life is important. Don't try to work two jobs and do well in school. It's not healthy. Splurge a little, but keep saving money. You'll need it. Eat right, but eat a doughnut every now and then, too. It keeps you sane. And above all else: read the Bible and pray every day. Get closer to God. He's the only real thing in this world.

Our school has poor facilities for music majors. Our building is tiny and not up to any standards for the last two decades. We also have only one performance facility on campus (unless you count the gym) and it has poor acoustics and no lighting system.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.