Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Rob

Rob, Start planning early and start saving early. College isn't as easy to pay for as sometimes you might think. Look for scholarships, financial aid and good loans. Figure out how you can pay for the college you want to go, and do it as soon as possible. Its not an easy thing picking up the load of responciblity that college brings but if your smart about it and plan ahead you will be fine. The transition from high school to college is a hard one, but not an impossible one. Believe in yourself and don't feel discouraged or overwhelmed by everything and know that you are just as capable of doing what you want to do as anybody else. It's a huge change in your life, it will determine the rest of your life so be wise. Start planning now.

I would say the best thing about my school would be the religious foundation it really helps you build for the future. They make it easy to get used to and really make it feel they dont force Chapels or any event on you.

I mostly brag about the small classes and the way they make is easy for you to get the help you need. Cornerstone does a fantastic job of making you feel like more then just a number but a student and show that they care about you as a person.

Caley

Transition from high school to college wasn't bad for me at all--the harder transition was from freshman to sophomore year. I'd definitely tell myself that my relationships with people would change and I can't expect things to be the same as they were the previous year. With that in mind, I think I would have been able to more fully embrace my sophomore year and I would have better anticipated the challenges it brought.

Since Cornerstone is a non-denominational, Christian-based school, I wouldn't recommend the it to someone with no Christian background.

I brag about some of my classes, some professors, some of the campus activities, the quality of the theater department's performances, but mostly about the people--Cornerstone has an awesome community.

Chris

I have not yet started college yet, but i am starting next month. If i could go back in time knowing what i know now, i would tell myself to take more classes my sinior year. But honestly i think if i went back and talked to myself, knowing how i was, I wouldnt have listened to myself. To be honest again, I think i did the bast that i could at the time. The things i did then made me who i am today. So would have taking more classes helped me? Yes, but how I did in my classes helped me understand what i need to do and what i can do in college. I didn't do bad in school but i didnt do the best if i REALLY tried. But if i tried REALLY hard i think i would have lost my social life as well. So with my GPA and my social life i would have to say I did pretty well in high school and wouldn't change a thing.

Aaron

Cornerstone University was in-state, which allowed me to use state financial aid that would have otherwise been unavailable to me.

If I were to confront my high school senior self, I would admonish that self to find a job as quickly as possible. I now find myself in a tight situation because I took a small part-time job during school. I would also admonish myself to save money, rather than spend it. My financial situation would be much better if I had put more money into savings rather than recreation. Finally, I would admonish myself to take a closer look at that one certain cute girl in English Society. I would love to have the chance to start my relationship with my girlfriend sooner than I did.

The cost of attending is too high considering the quality of our food and on-campus housing. Rather than installing new things to make life "fun" they should put money into further renovations and repairs to the existing structures.

Anne

Cornerstone Unversity cares about the progress of education for the individual student.

I would tell myself that applying to Cornerstone University is the best choice. I would tell myself not to worry about college because Cornerstone is not like other colleges; drinking alcohol, smoking, doing drugs, and sleeping around are NOT the norm at this university. I am very thankful that I do not have to worry about this. I feel safe on campus and I know that when I go to a party that we can have a great time without all of that. I feel blessed to be in such an environment. I would tell myself to get involved in more school activities and clubs on campus because there are only four years of college and now is the time to experience these fun things. I would tell myself that it is important to keep good grades, but that the world will not end if I do not get a 4.0. I would tell myself to sign up for the Greece trip and the Haiti trip because these would be unforgetable trips that change your life.

Because of its small size the community is really close. The professors learn your name and care about helping you to succeed.

Collin

I would tell myself to be open-minded about choosing a college. To remember that my thoughts and ideas on life will change and that I need to be somewhere that will help me. I would tell myself not to brow of senior year because its a stepping stone to college and the rest of your life. I would tell myself to save my money because being broke like i am right now is no fun and that finding a job can be difficult. I would tell myself to take advantage of the time you have left with your family cherish that time because I know for me now i wish i had. I wish i learned more from my dad and got closer to my mom. And i wish i had a better relationship with my younger sister. I would also say to be ready for change because it will happen whether you like it or not.

I wish i had known how cold sonwy it got here in Michigan. I also wish i knew that everyone went home on the weekends. I wish there were more activities on campus on the weekend becasue the activities we do have are fun just not often enough to keep people here every weekend. I also wish i knew that AP classes are great and i wish i took more in highschool.

I brag that Joe Stowell is our school's president. That we are located minutues from Grand Rapids. I also brag that we are located thirty minutes from the wonderful Lake Michigan beaches. I brag about my professors credetials one of them is the lead of the largest archaeological dig in Egypt, another is a lead scolar in his field, and another professor used to be a co-host of a tv show. All very good in their fields of study.

I like the safety of the campus, I fit in well spiritually, academically, and socially.

I wish I would have known that the academic status of the school is not very high. It's getting better though. I also wish I would have known the professors are required to do research, and therefore have less time to be with students.

This campus puts a lot of emphasis on community.

This campus puts a lot of emphasis on community.

I would tell myself to prepare more in advance. To explore the options.

Someone who can't deal with rules or authority.

Christine

I think every school has some uniqueness about it, although it's rare to find a school that's unique because of its "family" feel. It's not my intention to sound like an infomercial selling a cheesy product, but the feeling that overwhelms you when you walk on Cornerstone's campus is very rare. The minute I walked on CU's campus, I knew I was home. The teachers are like aunts and uncles who invite you over for dinner and your fellow students are like long lots brothers and sisters who love you for being yourself.

Christi, You?re a highschool senior now, you think you are "all that." I wish you knew that you weren?t. I wish you knew that biting your thumb nail the night before prom truly wasn?t that big of a deal. I wish you had put your heart into playing the music during band instead of thinking about that cute boy with his shiny Saxophone. I wish you could believe you are beautiful. As you enter college you are going to regret ever being mean to that ?new girl? because she is going to be you very soon. Treat all people with respect especially the girls who would take a bullet for you. Grow up a little and keep your heart safe, know who you are as a person and keep standing up for what you believe in. Have fun, be open to change, and study hard. Learn not only from teachers and books but from the experiences you are going to run into. Keep your chin up even when you think you are drowning because you will make it through this thing called ?college.? Love your older self Ps. You are going to miss mom and dad

The teachers. There is no doubt in my mind that the best thing about Cornerstone is the faculty. It's no secret that the economy is in shambles (especially in Michigan) and that private college teachers don't make the best money. Despite this fact, Cornerstone's teachers pour 150% into their classes and their students in and out of the classrooms. It's not just about being a teacher or being a student at Cornerstone. It's about being mentored, building solid professional relationships with an adult in your career field and making a friend for life.

Ellen

Life long friends that would be there for me when I need them most!

Life long friends that would be there for me when I need them most!

Experience the college of your first choice more than once. It's important to get to know the school to the best of your ability. Talk to students, faculty, and administrators. Take some time on your own away from all the tours, and q & a sessions, talk about what you experienced throughout the day.

It's focused on God and how God truly has a grasp on everyone's life. There is a close community and when something bad happens to one we all band together to care and support that person. The warm and welcoming community continues to welcome me since day one.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.