Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Collin

I would tell myself to be open-minded about choosing a college. To remember that my thoughts and ideas on life will change and that I need to be somewhere that will help me. I would tell myself not to brow of senior year because its a stepping stone to college and the rest of your life. I would tell myself to save my money because being broke like i am right now is no fun and that finding a job can be difficult. I would tell myself to take advantage of the time you have left with your family cherish that time because I know for me now i wish i had. I wish i learned more from my dad and got closer to my mom. And i wish i had a better relationship with my younger sister. I would also say to be ready for change because it will happen whether you like it or not.

I wish i had known how cold sonwy it got here in Michigan. I also wish i knew that everyone went home on the weekends. I wish there were more activities on campus on the weekend becasue the activities we do have are fun just not often enough to keep people here every weekend. I also wish i knew that AP classes are great and i wish i took more in highschool.

I brag that Joe Stowell is our school's president. That we are located minutues from Grand Rapids. I also brag that we are located thirty minutes from the wonderful Lake Michigan beaches. I brag about my professors credetials one of them is the lead of the largest archaeological dig in Egypt, another is a lead scolar in his field, and another professor used to be a co-host of a tv show. All very good in their fields of study.

I like the safety of the campus, I fit in well spiritually, academically, and socially.

I wish I would have known that the academic status of the school is not very high. It's getting better though. I also wish I would have known the professors are required to do research, and therefore have less time to be with students.

This campus puts a lot of emphasis on community.

This campus puts a lot of emphasis on community.

I would tell myself to prepare more in advance. To explore the options.

Someone who can't deal with rules or authority.

Christine

I think every school has some uniqueness about it, although it's rare to find a school that's unique because of its "family" feel. It's not my intention to sound like an infomercial selling a cheesy product, but the feeling that overwhelms you when you walk on Cornerstone's campus is very rare. The minute I walked on CU's campus, I knew I was home. The teachers are like aunts and uncles who invite you over for dinner and your fellow students are like long lots brothers and sisters who love you for being yourself.

Christi, You?re a highschool senior now, you think you are "all that." I wish you knew that you weren?t. I wish you knew that biting your thumb nail the night before prom truly wasn?t that big of a deal. I wish you had put your heart into playing the music during band instead of thinking about that cute boy with his shiny Saxophone. I wish you could believe you are beautiful. As you enter college you are going to regret ever being mean to that ?new girl? because she is going to be you very soon. Treat all people with respect especially the girls who would take a bullet for you. Grow up a little and keep your heart safe, know who you are as a person and keep standing up for what you believe in. Have fun, be open to change, and study hard. Learn not only from teachers and books but from the experiences you are going to run into. Keep your chin up even when you think you are drowning because you will make it through this thing called ?college.? Love your older self Ps. You are going to miss mom and dad

The teachers. There is no doubt in my mind that the best thing about Cornerstone is the faculty. It's no secret that the economy is in shambles (especially in Michigan) and that private college teachers don't make the best money. Despite this fact, Cornerstone's teachers pour 150% into their classes and their students in and out of the classrooms. It's not just about being a teacher or being a student at Cornerstone. It's about being mentored, building solid professional relationships with an adult in your career field and making a friend for life.

Ellen

Life long friends that would be there for me when I need them most!

Life long friends that would be there for me when I need them most!

Experience the college of your first choice more than once. It's important to get to know the school to the best of your ability. Talk to students, faculty, and administrators. Take some time on your own away from all the tours, and q & a sessions, talk about what you experienced throughout the day.

It's focused on God and how God truly has a grasp on everyone's life. There is a close community and when something bad happens to one we all band together to care and support that person. The warm and welcoming community continues to welcome me since day one.

Ryan

Choosing the right college is one of the most important things that a person can do in life. There is a strong temptation to just "go with the flow" and choose the college that is the most "hip" or that people you know have attended or do attend. But choosing a college for its superficial qualities is not the way to get the most out of your college experiance. Choose a college that fits your personality, beliefs, and goals. If you are a conservative Christian that wants a degree in Bible, don't go to Harvard. Likewise, if you are Buddhist looking to get a degree in nursing, don't go to my school, Cornerstone University, which has no nursing program. When you have found a school that looks like a possibility, don't just apply and wait to hear back- visit the school, talk to students and professors: find out as much as you can about the school before you make your final decision. And remember that finances are not the end all be all; many schools have good financial aid programs that can help you attend the school or your dreams.

The school is focused primarily on fields like Bible/Religion and journalism. Most other fields get less attention.

A non- or psuedo-Christian, or someone who drinks, smokes, or uses drug, or who plans to party through college. It is a fairly conservative Christian school and such things are banned.

Abigail

The students and faculty at Cornerstone are very firendly and there are many activities to get involved in.

The most important part for me on deciding on the right college, and what I found in Cornerstone, was student involvment in activities which build each other up. There are so many experiences and it's important to not waste time engaging in ones which will harm yourself or you will regret. Be yourself from the start and be honest with others. FInd a strong group of friends with the same values as yourself and keep each other accountable. Stay on top of your school work and even work ahead when you have time because you never know when something will happen and it piles up fast. Don't wait till the last minute becuase a lot of professors offer to look over papers or extra credit for turning papers in early. This is what I have learned so far from my two years axperience and I know I have much more to learn. Enjoy your experience and capture memories at every opportunity.

We have many traditions which are always a blast.

Chris

I would say to besure you have visited the college and talk to professors, students and other staff there to really get a feel for what the college is really about. Also, make sure you understand the morals and rules of the university, that way if you have any strong disagreements, then it won't be a surprise to you once you get there.

Anyone looking to improve their relationship with other people and with God, while still learning and getting a good education.

The community at Cornerstone is excellent. It is small enough that everyone knows everyone but still allows you to have your close group of friends to encourage you as you continue your lifes journey.

Laura

Pursuing educating students with a Christian worldview.

Pursuing educating students with a Christian worldview.

Choose a college with great professors who will be able to help you out upon graduation. Make contacts!

Required chapel attendance cuts back on study time.

Rob

It is not worth the amount of money paid.

It is not worth the amount of money paid.

I would explore other options and not wait until the last minute to make a decision. I waited until the last minute to make my decision. so just try to explore options and make sure the student really goes to college for what they want to persue.

The atmosphere and the facilities. The facilities in the school are extremely old and needs an upgrade.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.