Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Rob

It is not worth the amount of money paid.

It is not worth the amount of money paid.

I would explore other options and not wait until the last minute to make a decision. I waited until the last minute to make my decision. so just try to explore options and make sure the student really goes to college for what they want to persue.

The atmosphere and the facilities. The facilities in the school are extremely old and needs an upgrade.

Christopher

My classmates are both original and everything i love as well as unoriginal and everything i don't know how to react to.

Know what you want to do, know who you are and what you like, and know what makes you happy. Chances are that will all change, but knowing that will help you find the right school for you. And apply to more than one school, we don't all get lucky like me.

I brag mostly about my friends and their talents. I have the most talented friends in the world.

Tim

Finding a college is always difficult because it's a new phase of life. There are many pricing issues I have with my school, but at the end of the day, I enjoy the environment and am being successfully prepared for my career. It's not perfect, but then again, no college is perfect. Finding one where you enjoy the environment and will be prepared for your career are the most important aspects. Also, don't be decieved by the admissions team. Their job is to make things look flawless, but most of the time the only time they're caught walking around campus is when they're giving tours. So how in the world can they expect to tell prospective students about the "real" campus. It's fake. Instead, I highly suggest you talk with a variety of students and take all their views of the college in perspective. Look for bits and peices about each students views that match yours. Don't cross off students with bad attitudes about the campus, because that could be you soon enough. Take their advice seriously. They're better witnesses than the admissions councelors.

The newspaper, The Herald.

They over charge for things they shouldn't charge for.

I would encourage parents and students to visit colleges they are interested in, and attend one in which the students seem to love the school they are going to and are having a great experience. Chances are, if the students seem to love their school, you will too. It is also important to take into consideration the degree in which you want to study, if the school has that program, and if it is well known and recognized. Religious affiliation was a big factor for me, but isn't a factor at all for some students. I wanted to go to a school that taught what I believed, but also presented me with other views I could learn about. I knew by going to that school that I would be supported and uplifted in my Christianity, and not persecuted. I could learn about my field of study through a Christian worldview. I would encourage parents and students to take religious affiliation into consideration. In order to make the most out of his/her college experience, I would encourage the student to always have a good attitude, and persevere in school academically, socially, and emotionally throughout his/her college years.

That quite a few students have bad attitudes about the school and about the rules. Most still follow them, but complain often. There is never a bad attitude presented on a prospective visit day, so it was surprising to hear negativity about the school.

Someone who loves the Lord, and wants a Christian education should attend Cornerstone. It should also be someone with a great attitude and a willingness to work for their degree.

Ryan

You'll make good friends anywhere you go. Choose a school that fits your best academically and socially.

Katie

Choosing a college is a huge decision that should not be taken lightly. The best advice that I can offer in finding the right school is to visit, find a bench in the middle of campus, and have a seat for a while. As a safari guide would say, "Observe the unsuspecting students in their natural habitat." What kind of atmosphere does the campus have? Ask students and faculty first-hand what they think of the school. Admissions counselors will rarely talk about any of the school's negative aspects, but impromptu interviews will yield a better, comprehensive portrait of the college. The biggest question that parents and students need to ask after visiting is whether they can see that school as home. Students will be making a new life at college, and to make the most of their experience they should get involved in one new activity every year. From intramural sports and fraternities or sororities to academic organizations and activist groups, the most enriching college experience is one that gives students the opportunity to gain perspective from the people and activities around them without the stress of overcommitment.

The best thing about Cornerstone is the emphasis on community. You have to try really hard to be a loner or not have friends. The people around you genuinely care about your well-being. I didn't know what Christian community really looked like until I experienced it here. My professors, my RAs, the staff, and my friends are all supportive and encouraging, and to me, that is invaluable.

I think the worst thing about Cornerstone is the lack of diversity. I think the overall experience at Cornerstone would be enhanced with the life experience and point of view that students from a variety of social, economic, racial, ethnic, and geographical backgrounds. However, the new president has put in place a sort of reorganized admissions target strategy in order to bring a more diverse group of students to the campus in the coming years.

Cornerstone is very open, students are very friendly, there is a great sense of community throughout the entire campus, our school is very academically and spirtually centered.

I believe the most important part in finding a college, is that you feel the most at home while on campus, or in the dorms. Another thing is that they have a reputable course of study for what you would like to enter into. To make the most of your college experiences you really need to have friends. It is very important though that you do not let your social life be the most important thing. You are paying to attend the school and by abandoning your schoolwork, you won't pass. There needs to be a balance between homework and friends, and when you find the balance that allows you to do well in your classes and still find time to just hang out with friends, then you will have an amazing expericance at school. Also college is not all about the partying and drinking, don't waste this amazing part of your life being wasted or high all the time!

The school is very strict on when the students can live off campus. I believe that after 1 year on campus students should be able to live off campus. Coming to college is part of a journey to learning to live on your own, but when you are forced to stay on campus until the junior year, people are hindered. Plus, living on is expensive and in some cases it would be more afordable for students to live off campus.

Courtney

The advice that I would give to parents and studets who are trying find the right college is to start early! Make sure that you get your applications in early. I work in the admissions office at my University and it is essential for prospective students to get their applications in early if they want to be considered for scholarships as well as first choice on housing and classes. I would also recommend that students visit several colleges, because you can learn so much about the college or university by visiting that you cannot learn on the website. Really look at how the students and faculty treat you and how well they are able to answer your questions. The other thing is once you have picked out the college you would like to go to get involved in campus groups and activities right away that way you are sure to make friends and do things that interest you. The other benefit of this is that some groups look really good on resumes. Last but not least work hard and have fun college is suppose to be some of the best years of your life so make the most of it!

Someone who is focused on their schoolwork, and is looking for a positive Christian community to support them.

Someone who is looking to party all of the time.

molly

Do not worry about what college is the right one. It is all what you make of it.

i wish there were more open-dorm hours besides just on the weekend nights

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.