Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Zach

Try to have a good idea of what you want to do for the rest of your life before going to college, but at the same time, if it isn't working, try something different. Nothing's concrete until you have the degree, and even then it can still be up in the air. Have fun with college, but take it seriously and do your work; especially if it's what you're planning on doing with the rest of your life. Take it seriously, and learn as much as you can.

I wish I would have known how fairweather the weekends can be as far as things going on. There are weekends where campus is bristling with business, then there are weekends where it is absolutely dead.

My school has this strong push towards relationships. Even the people who claim they just don't care about relationships at all you can tell have this strong drive towards being in a relationship. My school has often been referred to as a shoe factory by students, where we come in as singles, and leave in pairs.

Alaina

My classmates are dedicated, fun, hardworking, Christians who really love life.

My classmates are dedicated, fun, hardworking, Christians who really love life.

I would give the advice to follow your heart. Choose somewhere that you feel comfortable after having visited. Somewhere with a strong program within your major and with extra-curriculur activities that fit well within the range of your interests and hobbies. Make sure to find a campus where the majority of students seem to live life the way you do, it will make finding friends much easier. Really dive into friendships and school work. Live every day to its fullest and take each opportunity that comes your way so you will never have regrets.

That they would be dropping my major before I graduated and I would have trouble finishing in the program.

jake

I think it is best known for its attempts at building community. My school is trying to be better, but failing miserably.

Make sure that you fill the FAFSA as soon as possible. Think about what your most passionate about as a profession. You don't have to know it all, but brainstorm on things you are good at, love... Then take a variety of classes you're interested in. Go out for all scholorships you can! Finally work hard when you can, especially during the summers! Be very careful in college to have a budget and not stray away from it!! Finally make sure to maintain family connections but also be your own person. Own your own life!

I think the worst thing about my school is that it is absolutely closed minded and offensive to Christians. I definitely considered myself Christian until I came to this "Christian" school and was then turned off to it by the way people treated myself and others.

Briana

A community of students, growing academically and spiritually together to create a greater future.

My personal motivating phrase has been, "What you put into school will be what you get out of it." Chose a school where you feel comfortable, and where you think you will be the most motivated to do your best. The rest is up to you. Work hard, keep focused, and do what you love to do. You'll earn what you decide to invest.

We are very community oriented. Many incoming students have remarked that they feel instantly accepted and have had no trouble making friends right away. I felt a part of the music department instantly and have a very close-knit group of friends. I also love the faculty here. Cornerstone is progressing as a university and I think it will only get better through the years.

If the environment at school is a good one, I strongly recommend having them stay on campus for at least one year. It's a great experience, and you make some really great friends. That's what I did. I stayed on campus for my freshman year, and now I'm commuting to save some money. :)

There are chapels offered a few times each week, and we have to meet a certain number of them. It's harder for commuters. BUT they are changing it a little next year.

Someone who is really in to alcohol and drugs.

Justin

Your experience rises and falls with you. The campus could be the most wonderful place in the world, but if your attitude is rotten, you will never have a fulfilling college experience. Attitude is everything. Secondly, never think High School can carry you through college. Leave high school at the door and get ready for something completely new. Upperclassman aren't going to care if you were a football superstar or the most popular person. So do yourself a favor and come to school ready to tackle a new frontier and be willing to make new friends and learn new ideas. If you can do that, people will respect you, your social life will be amazing, and you'll cherish your college memories forever.

I wish I knew more about the religious background so I could have been more understanding on the opinions held by a good majority of the students.

Anyone can attend this school. It gets a little expensive, so I think it scares a lot of lower class students away. On the flip side, upper class students might not come here because the school isn't distinguished enough for them.

Cornerstone University is a Christian college where everybody knows your name and if you put forth the effort there is no reason you shouldn't succeed.

College is a time to expand and grow. It is one last place for students to try new things before they enter the world of adulthood. I would humbly submit that when searching for schools, to look at several schools and not to put all your eggs in one basket by limiting yourself to just one. Choose the one that is best for you, that might not necessarily be the one your boy/girlfriend or best friend will be attending or the one that is closest to home. But on the other hand it may be the perfect school for you. You just never know until you have gone out and searched. And when you have finally found the school for you, do not hold back. Immerse yourself into the culture of the school. Get to know potential friends and the professors. This school is your home for the next season of your life. I suggest that you make the most of it.

I wish I had known what I was getting into, Cornerstone is a culture unlike anything I had known before.

Bethanie

My classmates are enthusiastic about becoming educators.

My classmates are enthusiastic about becoming educators.

First, make sure the school offers your major. If it does, go check it out. Look for sense of community and how open the students and faculty are to you (the visitor). Next, sit in on a class; while listening ask yourself "is this professor keeping me engaged as a learner or am I going to fall asleep?" Only four more things...eat some cafeteria food. If you are going to live on campus you may have to eat in the cafeteria and you do not want to have to starve. Stay night in a dorm if possible (this is a test of the dorm livability). Find some current students at that college or university and ask them their opinion of the school. Finally, go to financial aid and figure out the cost of the school and how that will fit your budget. If you do this with more than one school, compare and contrast after having looked at all your options. Hopefully, after all of this, you will know what school you want to attend. When you are finally at your school of choice...go to class, make new friends, graduate, and most importantly enjoy, because it goes quick.

The best thing about Cornerstone is it's Chirst centeredness.

Nicholas

My classmates are easy going and not judgemental. I always feel comfortable speaking in front of them.

In the Greater Grand Rapids area Cornerstone is known for its boys basketball team and the huge rock that we paint on campus.

Shop around. When you enter a campus and are awestruck. You may be in the right place. I believe that the social aspect of college is almost as important as the academic part. Find a place that glows of community as well as learning.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.