Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

miracales

Well, there is one little thing that will stand it: It's a Christian college. Yes, you will have to attend 25 chapels/semester and yes a "random praise session in pickitt lounge" will become a common thing you hear, but there are still plenty of things at Cornerstone that'll make you smile. I truly believe it's alike no other.

Good lord, I don't think I could put enought emphasis on how much I would change my high school years. If ever a time machine is invented (which I would love because my major is history) and I could tell myself a few things, I would be overjoyed. And my advice would go a little something like this: The most dangerous weapon in the world isn't tanks or guns or knives, it's your mind. Your mind will decide if you're going to pull that trigger or put the gun down. Your mind decides if today will be a good day or a bad day. Your mind is mainly in charge of everything. However, even though your mind does most of the tricking, there are ways you can trick it as well. For instance, when that fear of what people will think if you wear this starts to creep into your mind, move on. Block it out. When that fear of what people's response will be when you say that one joke starts to take over, keep smiling and say it anyway. When you find yourself in a state of crippling anxiety, fight back.

Well, honestly, I find few faults with Cornerstone. At certain times, I'll find myself bragging about how the people there are the sweetest, most kind-hearted people you'll ever find. Cornerstone puts a emphasis on "community," and it definitely shows.

Allison

Looking back on my high school senior year, I would tell myself that the study habits that I created freshman year of high school should still be carried out through senior year of high school because having to restart study habits in college is harder then simply continuously carrying them out. I would tell myself that the transition of high school to college isn't as steep as others have told you it is, especially if you continue your hard work ethic. I would also give myself the advice to create a ballence between school work and friends because even though my high school friends all went to different colleges, the qualities and importance of friendships makes a world of difference when you make the transition of stepping onto a new campus, that you will spend the next four years at, not knowing anyone. I would remind myself to not be so self absorbed into my future but to look up and be thankful to those I surround myself with.

When I talk to my friends about Cornerstone, I brag about the sense of community that Cornerstone has. From living in the dorms to going to classes, and worshiping in chapel and Evensong, Cornerstone embraces the sense of a small Christian community in a welcoming enviornment that always feels open.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the little amount of on campus activity on the weekends. A lot of students go home on the weekends, so for those who stay on campus, it's always a little more quite and duller on the weekends.

Delaney

If I could go back to the high school Delaney I would tell her to work harder. College is hard, it really takes a lot of you and you have to learn how to push yourself. College is not impossible, you just have to have the mental mind set that you are going to push yourself and continue to fight for the degree you want. I know in high school I didn't really care what I was learning and didn't want to study ever! But I think that if I would have cared and studied more I would be better off in college. So I would tell the high school Delaney is work harder, study more, and care about the things you are learning.

The thing that I consider is best about Cornerstone would have to be the experience I am getting here. I know a lot of people that decide to go to school and get there and hate a lot of their time there. I am just not finishing my first semester here at Cornerstone and I wake up loving this experience every morning.

The thing that I probably brag about most woud be the awesome people that I have met at Cornerstone. I have made some friends that will stay my friends for the rest of my life.

Faith

Cornerstone University is a lively university that offers a lot fantastic activities, has an amazing faculty, a president that truly cares about the students, and a great Christian community, along with great classes that get the student involved.

Cornerstone is a very community based school, so someone who enjoys always having activity options would enjoy it here. It has a lot of options for students to get plugged into Christian activities, but it has a lot of fun events. This school is a great fit whether you're extroverted or introverted and the professors here seem to genuinely care. I've loved my experience here so far.

Audrey

Cornerstone is a vibrant community that seeks Christ in educational, vocational, and relational endeavors.

The students at Cornerstone are warm, friendly, and always willing to help.

I would tell myself not to limit myself to a few colleges and not to make the decision quickly. Colleges are like jeans: Some of them look great when you see them, but when you try it out, it really is not your "fit." Make sure to visit more than a few times, meet with students, faculty, and advisors, and even stay overnight in the dorms to get the true feel of what the college is like. A college search should be thorough, not just scrolling through their "fast facts" pages on their websites. Then you will be sure to find the right college for you!

Heather

I would tell myself to save as much money as I possibly can because going to college full time and working two part-time jobs can get frustrating quickly. Especially when they are in two different cities. I work in Grand Rapids during the week and I drive home every other weekend and work in Jackson. My social life is nonexistent and my studying and homework take up all my extra time. I know in High School I thought it was a waste of my time sitting home on weekends doing scholarships. But I did do them and they paid for my first year. I only wish I would have done more my Freshman year because now I'm working to pick up the difference. I would also tell myself to visit multiple schools and not pick the first one you visit. Colleges hype up visiting days and give the prespective students an unrealistic view of what campus life really is. Research the school and find out if the courses are available for your intended major. Otherwise you will be changing majors as I did from Pre-med to Education. The closest Cornerstone got to Pre-med was Biology.

I love the size of my school. I like the fact that it is community centered. It has a lot of fun events going on such as Powderpuff football, Mudbowl, Dancing with the Sections and many other great activities. We have a zero alcohol policy on campus and the students never use drugs or drink to have a good time.

It's money hungry and fake. Spending 2 million dollars on a Chapel that our school doesn't really need will not exemplify Christ teachings that the school stands behind. Being known as a Christian school with and myself being the President of a pro life group, I ran into every obstacle possible put there by the school trying to get this organization going. The students are selfish and fake in their worship. If you come to Cornerstone looking to deepen your walk and relationship with God, you are going to be very disappointed. Academically it is excellent.

Brenna

Cornerstone teaches students how to make a difference in the world around them, but they also provide students with the means to make a difference while in school. Over orientation week, the freshmen packed thousands of meals with Feed My Starving Children. Every sport has a "Night of Nets" where money is donated to send bednets to countries suffereing from malaria. As part of the freshmen program, students are involved in some sort of community service. There are so many opportunities to be involved and to put what is being taught into action.

Brenna, just breathe. Relax and don't get yourself so worked up. I know you're stressed and don't feel ready to grow up and get on with life, but believe it or not, you are going to absolutely love it. In the first two weeks of school, you're going to spend everyday there, even the days you don't have to go in, just so you can spend time with everyone there. The transition is going to be easier than you're building it up to be and before you know it, you're going to be in such a schedule, you can't imagine going back to your high school days. If the next 3 1/2 years are anyting like this year has been, you're in for some of the best years of your life. Just don't stress, don't work yourself up, and feeling like your life is over is nothing to worry about because in reality, the next chapter of your life is just beginning. It may seem terrifying, but buckle up, because you're in for an adventure, and one you're going to cherish forever.

It took me forever to think of a responce, which shows just how incredible the school is. The worst thing has nothing to do with the running of the school, but rather with the students. Most students are insanely friendly; you smile and say hi to almost everyone you pass on the sidewalk and the community is just fantastic. There are a few students who have negative attitudes and complain about EVERYTHING and it really brings the mood down, though taking a quick walk around campus and talking to almost anyone else will bring the positive atmosphere back.

Dear Reader, College students spend four years of classes with professors we may or may not like, classmates we may or may not come to know, and material that will sometimes overwhelm us. Study what you love. College life is doable: you find your strengths, ablities, and limits. It's okay to work within limits you already know. It is good to celebrate your strengths. We can seek help; we can continue to learn to help others. There's a chance we'll meet best friends, but don't stress about meeting them the first day; some will find them, some won't. College stretches, but also fills. Don't just become what you will be, also spend your years being what you already are. This is a chance to start over, but you carry all of yourself with you when you step onto a college campus. It is our chance to look backwards, but remember you can't write a second draft of the past. We can revise our life-styles now: don't waste it. Live today fully while preparing for tomorrow. Work hard. Relax. Miss home. Find home. Love with all you are. You'll be okay.

As a whole, Cornerstone strongly encourages mental, emotional, and physical health. I wish I had known how well the resources were in place: RAs who were kind enough to talk, a gym that I could work out in, and professors with whom I could speak. Another thing I wish I had known was that I had known that I couldn't meet everyone's needs. As I looked around, I wanted to help everyone, even when I felt I couldn't.

Cornerstone holds avariety of opinions in the Bible department. With little emphasis on faith, a student can feel bogged down in acadamia of the Bible without an emphasis on the Spirit's activities in today's world.

Amy Marie

Cornerstone is a university dedicated to helping its students grow academically as well as spiritually in a specifically chosen fellowship of students and teachers.

Enjoy this moment in your life, just as it is. Make it count and do something with the time that you have, because all too late you will realize that nothing will ever be the same again. You will never have the opportunities that you have again, so take them. You will never have the expiriences that you have again, so enjoy them. Your relationships will never be the same again, so savour them. Take each second that you have, and live it. Most of all, do to one as you wish you could do to or for all. Be the friend you wish everyone could have. Help the people who are around you, and even step outside of your comfort zone to meet someone in theirs. Live the life that you've been given, because it's only yours to live and it'll be gone before you know it.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.