Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Cassandra

I would say go out and be risky. The only way to get out of your comfort zone is to take risks. Meeting new people and being in a new enviornment is not an easy thing but if you step out and see what is out there, you will find so many things that you never knew exsisited. You meet new friends that you know will always be there for you. That is what I would tell myself.

Well I am starting school in the fall so I dont really know yet.

Students that want to have a Christian atmosphere and who like small campuses. Anyone who wants to have a good atmosphere where they know they will get a good education.

ashley

The most unique things about Cornerstone is the fact that they care about our walk with God and our faith. It is actually required to complete 25 chapels a semester, and it's also required for us to graduate with an internship. I cant wait til I have an internship at a counseling organization! To get a feel of what it's like to be a counselor. I can't wait! I've wanted to be a counselor ever since I was 15 years old.

Looking back now to high school me, I would tell her that planning and determination is everything. I've always had the passion for what I want to do, but so far that hasn't gotten me in the best position academically without the motivation or dedication to back it up. All thats gotten me is dissappointment from my advisors. Although, my advisors still seem to believe in me, so that has influenced me to believe in myself more than I have. Knowing what I know now, I would tell high school Ashley to focus on the future and dont let depression or your family get to you. I am who I am through those mistakes though, and I am who I am from my hardships with my family. I believe that is why I will be a great marriage and family counselor, I can do this! I havent been awarded any scholarships yet this semester, and I would strongly appreciate it if I got just one! Thank you for looking this over and considering me.

I feel that the worst thing at this school would be the fact that I dont feel like I can ask anyone for much help. I'm struggling academically and really want to come back this semester really striving! I just hope I can get enough help this time around if I need it.

Clarissa

Studious, determined, and compassionate, Cornerstone students have hearts for Christ and therefore a rich love for others.

It's true what they say: college will be some of the best years of your life. What high school conselors are failing to tell you right now is that those years and how they go for you are dependent entirely on YOU. Don't doubt yourself. Don't get so wrapped up in the financial package and moving away from home and all the things that could go wrong. Enjoy the journey of going somewhere new, and be confident that this is the place you are meant to be. You'll make a lot of mistakes your Freshman year (and throughout life!) but those mistakes will only define you if you let them. I don't want to pack too many cliches into this, but you really only need to be yourself. You are a bright and unique individual, and college is the perfect place to grow and become who you want to be. Don't stress, ok? Life is beautiful, and these are going to be some great years, kiddo. Good luck.

Any person who doesn't want to develop their relationship with Christ should not attend this school. Chapels are required and there is a very strong spiritual aspect to Cornerstone. It's all about getting a Christian education, so we can go out into the world as Christ's disciples, changing hearts and lives for him. If a student isn't a Christian or isn't interested in that, they'll have a less enriching experience at Cornerstone.

sarah

My classmates are entertaining, accepting, and always ready to help others.

My classmates are entertaining, accepting, and always ready to help others.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would simply tell myself to be comfortable with who I am and be myself. This sounds like odd advice, but during my first semester, there were plenty of people who had the "fresh start. I can be who I want" mindset. Then when second semeser comes around, people are back to being their old selfs. I think the concept of a fresh start is great, but I do not think people need to chance themselves. People always tell me that the friends you meet in college are friends for life. If they are frineds for life, they deserve to know the real you. College is the time to figure out who you are, what you believe, what you want to do with your life and so much more. BE YOURSELF. No one else gets the chance to be you. I would tell myself that I am perfect the way I am and I was born to be who I am today. Never change who you are because no one is better at being you, than you. Thank You!

The best part about my school is being in a mni community. Since we are a smaller school, it give sus a chance to get to know one another and do activities as a dorm, class, and school. When I walk around, people always smile and say hello. It is safe both physicaly and spiritually. there are not many people who are bad influences on me. People at school are super uplifting and helpful. I have learned so much about myself and my subject of study. The teachers and staff are supportive and want us to be successful.

Jamie

I would absolutely love to go back in time and talk to myslef as a high school senior. The number one thing that I would tell myself is to get involved. There are so many opportunities in school, and even more after high school and in the real world. That is so important because opportunity is what leads to success. Getting involved means playing sports, joining clubs, community service and anything else that is available. Trying new things is how we learn what we like and don't like and essentially what we may want to do with our lives. Sometimes it can be hard to step out of our comfort zones but it is worth it. College presents many opportunities and they lead to some great experiences, it can be a very scary time, but it is what we make it. I would tell myself to do what scares me. When we miss an opportunity we look back and see what could have been and I dont want to live like that. I hope that I have the courage to take whatever comes my way and live life to the fullest.

The best thing about Cornerstone is the people that it attracts. Cornerstone University is such a small school that it can sometimes seem like a big family. Of course not everyone there has that attitude, but some people do. The friends that are made at college make all the difference and Cornerstone offers real friends. God has touched the lives of many people there and they reflect that, people at Cornerstone truely care about others.

Cornerstone University is the best place for a Christian student that wants religion to be integrated into every part of their education. People that want to have a college experience that is unlike the experience of a public college in terms of the freedom of going where ever they want and doing what they please. Cornerstone presents many rules to keep students away from temptations that most college students face and that is why it is a good school for someone who wants to live a very Godly life.

Johanna

Cornerstone University is a school that helps every student enrolled build a life that matters.

When I look back on high school I think about how scary the future seemed. I knew I was going to Cornerstone to play volleyball in the Fall, but that is all I knew. I had no idea what was in store for me. I had absolutely no idea I was going to make such amazing friends and create such amazing relationships that will stay with me forever. If I could give myself advice as a senior, I would tell myself it will all be worth it. Being terryfied of moving on to the next chapter of my life was scary and I was not sure what the outcome would look like. I would be sure to tell myself to push through and perservere because in the end, it will be worth it and I will have an amazing opportunity to build a life that matters.

Cornerstone is an amazing school filled with an awesome community of people. I would never change the school I go to and I really appreciate the simplicity of Cornerstone University. I have already made lifelong friends and that is hard to come by in today's society. I have been blessed with the opportunity to attend Cornerstone University and I am loving every second of it.

Jacob

A great community that cares about academics, and still loves God, and loves people.

I would encourage myself to take advantage of scholarships right away as a freshman. College gets really expensive, and you don't realize it right away until you accumulate too much debt. Do research on scholarships and apply, apply, apply. Also, be in great contact with your academic advisor. Make sure that you know what classes you NEED to take, and take them at appropriate times. Get a clear idea of what you need to do in order to graduate on time, and act appropriately when scheduling classes. Be involved with the school, because it will make your time much more enjoyable. Make friends, and don't let school consume your life.

I believe that a person of religion or of not could attend Cornerstone. People who like to intereact with people in a friendly manner. If you don't like people than you probably shouldn't come, because people like to interact with others.

Amy

The Christian community and caring professors.

The Christian community and caring professors.

Dear High School Senior Self, The next year ahead of you will be both one of the best and one of the hardest years of your life. You will discover who you are, make many new friends, and learn to be more independent. College is full of new experiences and oppertunities. Don't be afraid to try new thing even if you fail. There are people to meet, things to learn, and things to discover. Enjoy this next year because you are only a college freshman once.

Someone who is looking to grow deeper in their faith and learn about their future carreer from a Christian perspective.

Alyssa

The size of the school makes for a very unique community - it's small enough that you can get to know people and see them around often, but not so small that you know everybody. There's always the option to meet people you've never met before and get to know them. Also, the smaller size makes for smaller class sizes, which also helps you get to know people better and learn more.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that there's more to life than who you are in high school and the labels that are placed on you there. I would say that college will open up so many doors that you could never imagine - it's a clean slate that you can use to be the person that you want to be. There will be temptations, hardships, and struggles that will sometimes lead you to cry or yell in anger, but college is the time where you really learn about yourself, so don't be afraid to go through all of these things, even with the risks involved. The shy, fearful, and intimidated girl you are will grow to be a strong and independant woman who learns so much about herself, her faith, and how confusing yet amazing life is. So the most imporant advice I would tell myelf is to not be afraid of being yourself are and to always have courage, because who you become is a person that you will be so proud to be.

I like to brag about the new dorm building that I'm living in this year - it's right on the baseball field and it's very nice. I also like to talk about Evensong, which is a worship event that we have every Sunday night. It's very powerful and has helped me grow a lot in my faith, and a lot of people from surrounding colleges come to it as well.

maria

assuming that I could go back in time and talk to my high school self I would tell myself to stop being afraid. To take that leap of faith and go to a University as I had planned. I would advise myself that with scholarships and a job I can afford it and my family will be okay. Thinking back to my young high school self I know that I was afraid of a lot of things, how will I pay? where would I live? will my parents survive financially? Will I be homesick? Is it worth it?. So many questions run through my mind, and no one was there to answer them. So I would say, go, go to school and make your dream come true. Belive that you can do it and you will find a way because nothing is impossible and a dream should never be ignored.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.