Grand Rapids, MI
Cornerstone University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Cornerstone University

Tranaya

Cornerstone University has been one of the biggest blessing in my life. I came in knowing nothing about my major, but all of the teachers and upperclassmen where extrememly helpful and friendly. I have never once felt alone or out of place. I don't even think I've had to open a dorr for myself on campus because the people are so considerate. I can leave my laptop in the lounge area and find it in the same spot two days later. This school is Christ centered and very accepting.

Before beginning my freshman year of high school, I was constantly reminded of one thing: “The next four years will fly by in the blink of an eye.” The reality of those words is still hard to grasp. In a flash of time I’ve managed to cross a bridge that connects the world of familiarity and carefree innocence that was my childhood to the world of endless possibilities and responsibilities that is my future. Knowing all that I know right now, what would I tell my I-can’t-believe-I’m-finally-a-senior self? It took me a moment to think about what I’d say, but in the end my choice was clear: Nothing. To tell her of the obstacles she would face her last year of school so she could stop them from happening would be tampering with God’s perfect plan for our life. I have learned lessons one cannot get by simply sitting through lectures by overcoming obstacles. If I had the chance to go back to the me of my senior year, I would go to our locker and leave a note to give her encouragement for the tough times ahead.

I wish I would have known more about additional fees that came with the tuition bill. I found myself being surprised by unexpected fees that I didn't even know were involved. It would have helped me while filling out for other scholarships.

Mariah

I would tell myself to apply to lots of different colleges to give myself many options. I would say don't limit yourself to a few colleges because if you don't like any of them then you will be stuck with having to go somewhere you don't love. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships. They may be a lot of work but they are so worth the time and effort. Looking back now I wish I could have told myself to study more in high school to get ready for what's coming in college. In high school you can often get by without studying, however, in college you cannot. It is a big change and transition from high school to college and studying habits are important. Another thing I would tell myself is to go with your heart. I would say don't listen to everything that people tell you because ultimately college is your own decision since every person in different. Don't let others persuade you to go to a certain college no matter what the reason. Follow your heart and go somewhere that feels like home.

I would say the best part of Cornerstone is that your professors really care about you. Most of them will go out of their way to help you and ensure that you are doing well in the class. Also, everyone is just so nice.

I wish I would have known how small the campus really is. Also I wish I would have known how strict it is.

Camille

Cornerstone University is a school that is centered around God, It's a spiritual community that is simply awesome.

I'd say to myself ' brace yourself because college is nothing like high school. It's hard work, you'll have sleepless nights due to the fact that you stayed up all night trying to finish assignments due the next morning. The food at the Cafeteria will be different from what is served at home. However, it will be all worth it, because when you get on campus and start meeting friends you'll form a wonderful bond unlike no other. Cornerstone is a great christian centered institution, going there i've meet so many well-rounded individuals.' Quite frankly, i love Cornerstone and that is why i'm apply for this scholarship so i can continue to pursue my education there. Best decision of my life to attend, and i wouldn't change it for a thing.

I wish i had known that i'd meet great people and friends that share my Christian Belief... I wish i had attended earlier. It's a great school.

Katie

Looking back at my senior year, the first thing I would tell myself would be to not slack off and take easy classes. While it seems like fun at the time, taking challenging classes that push you really makes the transition to college level courses a whole lot smoother. The second thing I would say would be to cherish the friendships that you have now, and be open to making new ones in the future. When you graduate and your friends goes off to their separate colleges, it can feel so permanent- like you're never going to see each other again. However, without sounding too cheesy, the friendships that really matter will last. Along those same lines, I would tell myself not to hold on so tightly to the past that I close myself off to the future. Finally, I would remind myself that I don't have to have my whole life planned out at graduation. It's okay to take things one step at a time and enjoy learning and experiencing new things, figuring it out along the way. While it can seem scary and at times overwhelming, college is an amazing experience. Enjoy it!

Cornerstone has an outstanding social environment. People are incredibly welcoming and friendly. The only downside is that unless you live on campus, it can be difficult to be involved in everything. There are so many opportunities available, but to commuters it can be challenging to take advantage of them. Also, the financial aspect of it is pretty daunting. Even with the generous financial aid, Cornerstone comes with a hefty price tag.

Because of the Christian-based environment and the Christ-centered academics, non-Christians would probably have a better college experience elsewhere. Also, when we apply for this college we sign a contract saying that we won't participate in drinking, sexual activity, etc. If you are looking for a party school, Cornerstone probably isn't a good fit.

Christina

Cornerstone is different because it's a Christian university. I wanted to go to a school that honors God as much as I do and that would be a good environment for me not only accademically but spiritually, to grow both as a student and as a child of God.

I'd tell myself to enjoy high school more. Looking back, there are a lot of amazing opportunities that I missed out on because I was just waiting to get out of there. I'd tell myself not to wish my life away and to do a better job honoring my parents. Having been away at college this past semester, I've realized just how amazing my parents really are, how hard they've worked for me my entire life, and how blessed I am to have such loving, godly influences like them in my life.

Because it is a Christian school, sometimes faith is taken for granted. It bothers me that there isn't more of a focus on Christ among the students, more ways of keeping each other accountable in our faith. The cost is also pretty extravagent and I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue my education there.

Hayley

Cornerstone University is a liberal arts college which provides both academic and spiritual training for all students, while seeking to build lives that will have a great impact in the professional world to the glory of God.

Cornerstone University is a place where students are not just another number. I have had personal conversations and interactions with each of my professors. They are never too busy to talk to students. They are always asking questions about life and engaging in conversation. You can tell they genuinely care about each of us.

Janine

As a former NHS member, I took my grades very seriously. However, grades are not everything. I would have taken advantage of training in technology, as I believe that it would have made variuos school projects easier for me now. Also, I would have taken courses in public speaking, because I believe that the power of the spoken word and how we deliver our message to those around us are extemely important. While I was involved in various school activites, if I could do it over again, I would have taken a more active role, because I believe that by doing so, it can improve one's people's skills. How we interact with others in a professional business setting can have a great effect on our overall success.

Dionne

Dionne, Please have all of your practice tests and esssay probabilities complete within one week of day one. Even if repeating cxoursework is allowable as provision, as christians we do not waste time, money, resource, and we heal at night and even in the morning. And remember that you need 80 hours per 2 week cycle just to study. Recall to hydrate, read recreationally and renew as you did in high school honors classes. Do not listen to anyone who interferes with your goals. You reason well, you study hard and you read severally. Try to get all coursework done before that first day of class.

We have scriptural foundations that are embedded within each course, we have books on amazon and teamwork is a large part of every class. Students will have facebook likeness within the progrma experoience.

When applying to colleges, you must consider all of the possibilities. You must have all of your papers ready for alteration or ready for editing and this is possible by reviewing all course titles within each program. Online learning is the worst part of going to college. Yiou have to have all of your work finished and ready for entry before the first day of school. if it is a christian school, expect to be helpful for oneself. The staff and professors are there for workplace and not for ministry. The message to any prospective student is to "Be professional".

Abi

A small, tight knit community that loves God and loves others.

A small, tight knit community that loves God and loves others.

We all work together to do the best we can while making friendships.

I would have worked harder on getting a 4.0. College, expecially the first few months, are scary but very fun. Don't be afraid to make as many friends as possible and then filter from there. Choose a college where you can get involved. Look at the location of the school and see if it's in an area that you can benefit from with internship opportunities.

Cornerstone University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.