Cornerstone University

« See more reviews of Cornerstone University

I am currently a transfer from Muskegon Community College going to Cornerstone University. It has been such a hectic process trying to figure out the classes I need to take to stay on track while transfering to a Christian school. There was no communication between my Admissions Counselor and my Academic Advisor. I have been all over the place because no has communicated the right information for me. That has been the worst thing about Cornerstone. It seems a lot of administrators make it difficult for transfers when communicating about classes, what class you are, and credits.

It's money hungry and fake. Spending 2 million dollars on a Chapel that our school doesn't really need will not exemplify Christ teachings that the school stands behind. Being known as a Christian school with and myself being the President of a pro life group, I ran into every obstacle possible put there by the school trying to get this organization going. The students are selfish and fake in their worship. If you come to Cornerstone looking to deepen your walk and relationship with God, you are going to be very disappointed. Academically it is excellent.

When applying to colleges, you must consider all of the possibilities. You must have all of your papers ready for alteration or ready for editing and this is possible by reviewing all course titles within each program. Online learning is the worst part of going to college. Yiou have to have all of your work finished and ready for entry before the first day of school. if it is a christian school, expect to be helpful for oneself. The staff and professors are there for workplace and not for ministry. The message to any prospective student is to "Be professional".

It took me forever to think of a responce, which shows just how incredible the school is. The worst thing has nothing to do with the running of the school, but rather with the students. Most students are insanely friendly; you smile and say hi to almost everyone you pass on the sidewalk and the community is just fantastic. There are a few students who have negative attitudes and complain about EVERYTHING and it really brings the mood down, though taking a quick walk around campus and talking to almost anyone else will bring the positive atmosphere back.

I don't like how the institution constantly feels the need to upgrade their ways of interacting online. To elaborate, when it comes to the online classroom--so to speak--where the professors upload assignments, deadlines, communicate with students, etc., the school completely changed the website on the students, making the incoming sophomores (who already are getting used to how it is now) need to learn the ways of the school's online databases all over again. I believe that this is a one-time thing, but it could cause some confusion.

The worst thing about my school is the community bathroom in my first semester dorm. I am a person who likes a bathroom to be clean, but it does not have to be squeaky clean. However, in my bathroom there was an orange color in between some of the tiles, and the bathroom had a bad bacteria type of smell . This being said, I have moved to another dorm for second semester where I will share a bathroom with three other people, and unlike the community bathroom, I get to clean the bathroom how I want it to be cleaned.

What I would consider the worst thing about my school is how long our winter break is. I live with more than two hundred people in my dorm, and now I am back with just my family. It may sound silly but that is the only thing I do not like about my school. I loved my classes and my friends at Cornerstone. I cannot wait for my new classes to start and try my best. Most people can?t wait for break, but most of us are begging to go back home, to Cornerstone!

I think the worst thing about Cornerstone is the lack of diversity. I think the overall experience at Cornerstone would be enhanced with the life experience and point of view that students from a variety of social, economic, racial, ethnic, and geographical backgrounds. However, the new president has put in place a sort of reorganized admissions target strategy in order to bring a more diverse group of students to the campus in the coming years.

Cornerstone has an outstanding social environment. People are incredibly welcoming and friendly. The only downside is that unless you live on campus, it can be difficult to be involved in everything. There are so many opportunities available, but to commuters it can be challenging to take advantage of them. Also, the financial aspect of it is pretty daunting. Even with the generous financial aid, Cornerstone comes with a hefty price tag.

The school is very strict on when the students can live off campus. I believe that after 1 year on campus students should be able to live off campus. Coming to college is part of a journey to learning to live on your own, but when you are forced to stay on campus until the junior year, people are hindered. Plus, living on is expensive and in some cases it would be more afordable for students to live off campus.