Corning, NY
Corning Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Corning Community College

Serenity

Corning Community College is rather small, the classes are not hard to find at all and there are a lot of activities to do here, there is a game room, a gym, the theatre program is amazing. Every semester there is a musical/play going on in the theatre department.

Julia

A great place to go with so many opportunities!!

A great place to go with so many opportunities!!

Evan

It is a good start for anyone who wants to start out small and then expand to a bigger college. Also, it offers good education to those only looking for a Associate's Degree. Going to Corning Community College is a smart way to receive a useful education at a cheap price.

Heidi

I value the education I gained while attending there. I have gone to other Universities and the classes I took at Corning Community College still stand as some of the most valuable classes I have taken for my degree in business that I am pursuing. I am appreciative of the time I had at Corning Community College.

Daniel

I feel Corning is a place that just wants your money. They have horrible management and if you complain about something that might cut into their profits they will show you that you don’t matter unless you threat to take back your money. For example, the famous mishandling of their rape case. It wasn’t until there was a big fuss that was quickly quited that they reviewed their management, which in the long run did nothing. You will not be listen to by management and they will play games around you, do not attempt to change the school as a student. You will be push into the shadows and shut up. If you are wondering why there’s not more negative complaints on this website. It is because they are told to shut up and not talk about it. After all, the school doesn’t want to have you embarrass yourself by telling the world you failed to protect yourself. Or at least that is what I was told when I complained

Tessa

my review is a little vague because I took most of my classes online. However I will say that whenever I had a question my professors always emailed or answered my calls in a timely manner and provided and helpful answer. I did have difficulty trying to get in contact with admissions mostly during the beginning of the school year which was irritating. I know it would have been easier to visit but there's no reason to be on hold for an hour and longer.

i love corning community college because its a good environment to be in, its a clean and good school.

Grace

Corning community college is a great school to start my college experience. Since me and my twin sister are the first to go to college out of my five brother and sisters we really take school seriously. With the school comes great professors and an amazing tutor center. My first semester I didn't do as well as I wanted. The second semester I found the tutor center and I just loved it. The fact that they have constant help in so many subjects is so helpful. I didn't see how I was going to pass my math class I was in but the math tutor spent so much time helping me and getting me to where I wanted to be I did way better than I thought I would. The school provides a lot of extra help and activities for people who live on campus as well as off so the over all view of the school is great.

Mark

Corning Community College (CCC) is a great place to get an affordable education. However, if you have the money I would suggest going elsewhere because the school does no offer the "college experience" that everyone seems to be after. If you are like me, and you are not made of money or have rich parents then you will find CCC to be a great place for you.

Poor people that are in 13th and 14th grade. This is true for some but not most. Most people are here because community colleges offer the same classes that would be given at a 4-year school for a tenth of the cost. These people don't care about the typical "American Pie" college life.

I didn't participate in any groups or activities, because none of them interested me.

The students are people without a lot of money that are going to college in hopes of bettering themselves. Usually locals that are straight out of the local high school.

Ali

There's a ton of clubs, but not many of them seem too filled as most students are busy outside of classes working part time jobs. There isn't too much to do around here for college students (bigger cities are about 2-5 hours away). If you were from out of state, like myself, then you'd probably meet your friends on campus or a part time job.

The school is filled with students of all ages from around the area. Most of the student population is friendly and welcoming to anyone. Although most are from around the southern tier, there are quite a bit of students from NYC, from out of state, and a few from other countries.

Academics at the school are spread along a spectrum. One must remember that it is a community college and thus, everyone is welcome to try. You will get a mix of non competitive students and non competitive students that will balance out a class. The most competitive program at the school is the nursing program as there are limited spots and it runs through the summer and winter terms. As a Liberal Arts Math and Science transfer program student, I have found that the general education courses are more mixed with motivated and unmotivated students. Professors are almost always available outside of class to advise and help out with any questions you may have.

Corning Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.