Cornish College of the Arts Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cornish College of the Arts

Ayleen

Cornish College of the Arts is probably the best embodiment of Seattle that there is. Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, Cornish hires working professionals to provide the best, most immersive educational experience possible. Since you're learning from people in the industry, you're building relationships that will help you book jobs in the future. The campus is tiny, but it's easy to get around and easy to build relationships with the small student body.

When I took a tour of Cornish College of the Arts, I got the immediate feeling that I belonged. With close interactions and a community that encourages you to do what you love, I am in love with this school. Its been a long time since I've loved attending school and now I wake up everyday excited to see what I'll learn in my classes. Its a close knit community where the supervisors help to set you up to succeed. I am proud to attend Cornish.

Shea

Although the amenities and location of Cornish are admirable, there was a culture on campus that was very pretentious and exclusionary and the quality of the education did little in the way of preparing the students for a working career in their field. The actual academics were very lenient and the quality of the general education classes were poor.

Benjamin

Cornish is truly an amazing experience. While some things can be buggy, what is perfect in this world? While sometimes you might feel like it is very pricey, and things can get stressful, the professors you will meet make up for every dime and every single second you spend with them. Specifically for theatre students, the teachers you will meet are working professionals who have nothing to give but real world experience and discoveries that will help you open many doors. Though its true this isn't Julliard or Yale, there are certainly things not even those big name schools could give you that Cornish can.

Josh

The academics of Cornish are incredible. The faculty are exceptional and the classrooms are small. It's a very competitive school but fun. The financial administration sucks a bit but 'oh well'. I would recommend this school to any person who is trying to pursue a career in the arts.

Taya

My major is actually Performance Production, with a concentration in Costume Design. Cornish College of the Arts provides an incredibly tight knit community. The class sizes are very small and intimate so your voice is always heard. The campus and dorms are in downtown Seattle, very close to malls, a grocery store, many cool restaurants and reliable public transportation. This school is very liberal and non binary friendly. The dorms are brand new and are across the street from the main campus building. Overall an amazing set up with amazing professors and classes!

Dylan

I love my college and I love the city its in. The connections i can make with other classmates in the same field of study and the friends i make. I also love how major attractions are within walking distance and if I want to get around the school provides a pass for public transportation. The dorms are little small but nothing I can't handle.