Lookout Mountain, GA
Covenant College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Covenant College

Josh

One who seeks to gain an education founded on Jesus Christ, guided by fellow Christian teachers, and supported by brothers and sisters who care to see spiritual as well as academic growth and discovery of purpose. Covenant is a place to prepare for all aspects of life centered around Christ to the glory of God.

Logan

A vast showcase of the creative, intellectual, spiritual, and physical abilites inherent in mankind thats also easy on the ey...

A vast showcase of the creative, intellectual, spiritual, and physical abilites inherent in mankind thats also easy on the eyes.

Your environment will change. You, however, will not. Whatever skills, issues, and faults you had will stay with you; picking up a High School Diploma does not mean your long baggage train of habits, tendencies and interests get thrown out with your old locker contents. Yes, the faces around you will change, the expectations placed upon you will change, your social life will change, but you will not, at least initially. It is often said that college is an excellent way to reinvent yourself: You suddenly find yourself surrounded by new people who never knew you existed up unto a few minutes ago. However, it isn't that you're some new person. You simply have a fresh social slate. No one knows who you are or who you were, other than you. Knowing yourself, which includes all your past successes, failures, strengths and weaknesses before you make that academic commitment is key to your future success. Why? Because if you don’t understand yourself, if you don’t take time to work through your past and who you are and see potential bad habits, then chances are you may become someone you don’t want to be.

Come with an open heart, open mind, and most importantly gusto. Charge into your work with the same amount of zeal that you put into your most favored passion. Stay organized: not just your living space, but with your time. Schedule in sleep, study, food, and fun, but over indugle in nothing. The proffessors there are happy to help new students as long as you show that you care. Do not get discouraged if you aren't pumping out A's. Its college, not High School. If you need help, there are plenty of people willing to do so.

Karl

Covenant College does not only have a beautiful campus but has a very strong community of students make for a very unique enviroment.

I would tell myself that I should put more time and effort in the little things, academiclly. I would encourage myself to get involved in a community college to get as much college credit I can before I graduate. The biggest thing I wish I could tell my highschool self is to apply for much more sholarships. Even the smaller awards all add up. If I would've done that I could've been much more relaxed finacially.

The worst part about attending Covenant College is the location. Though it is beautiful, it takes 10-15 minutes just to get off the mountain to visit downtown. For those that do not have a car, this makes it impossible to leave campus.

Adrienne

I would tell myself to be a more active in learning how to write papers. I would advise myself not to be so standoffish with people and to get to know them faster. To be more confident in what I know and to work hard to learn as much as I can before coming to the college. I would say that I need to get into a better study habit and learn how to take notes. Last of all to learn to trust God, he always pulls me though when I need to be pulled and holds me back when I need to be held back.

How pretty the college campus is and how easy it is to find people that really do care about you. The academics of this school are hard but great, you learn a lot grow to love the people and campus. The city down the mountian is great as well there is always something to go and do.

How expensive the school is. Its difficult to find enough money to support my college career.

graham

Take advantage of every opportunity that is available to you. Learn to study and work at everything you do.

A person who is comitted to a quality education from a well-respected school.

The academic standards can difficult and hard to achieve.

kaddy

Learn to study more! Social life is great, but friends can't be your main priority!

The lack of diversity and money it takes to go there.

annie

The most magical community imaginable!

The most magical community imaginable!

Finishing my sophomore year at college, I've finally started to adopt a frame of mind I wish I'd had when I stepped onto campus two years ago as fresh high school graduate. If I could go back in time and tell my clueless self one thing, it would be this: College is about learning, not technicalities. It's so tempting to make my only ambition a deadline, a page number, a big red "A." But these things only exist to facilitate the true aim of higher education--that is, EDUCATION. Learning. Knowledge. Exploration. I'm here at school to challenge myself, to shatter the boundaries of my expectations and prejudices, to listen intently to the words of seasoned scholars and to question fervently in search of new ideas. These are the things I must keep in mind when I find myself striving to satisfy a number rather than striving to throw my heart into the pursuit of knowledge. Listen up, younger self! Don't fill that page with letters just to meet a word count; don't worry about getting a B-minus on a hard assignment. Absorb yourself: Use these opportunites to stretch your brain, to grow.

Christiana

Covenant College is best known for it's location, community, and academic programs. Covenant's community and student relationships are unique and bring so much life to campus. Covenant is also located on top of Lookout Mountain in GA and students can see 7 states on a clear day. The academic programs at Covenant are incredible and the professors strive to create personal relationships with their students as well as help them academically.

As a high school senior, I was very comfortable with my circle of friends and thought college would be a great way to meet new people and form immediate, comfortable friendships. I chose to go to a college where I knew no one. The worst times of my life were first semester at Covenant because I did not branch out and meet new people. To transition in college, one needs to try different things and branch out beyond comfort zones. Sign up for random clubs and meet new people, go to hall meetings, partcipate in intramurals! I also would emphasize the importance of doing well in classes. It is important to do as much reading as possible and to stay on top of papers and tests -- in retrospec, be organized!

The worst thing about Covenant is probably their records and aministration offices. It is a huge struggle to stay on top of classes and bills. The records office is not efficient in processing major/minor changes which creates many problems when students register for classes. The Administration and Accounting offices always have holds on student's accounts, which are difficult to remove in short periods of time (Bills not paid, chapels not attended, etc.)

Kristin

Being the "castle in the clouds". It's so beautiful up on top of the mountain and it's an incredible place to look at God's creation of nature.

Don't feel pressured to take a full coarse load. I felt as if I had to take 18 hours every semester and as a new college student, this made the transition even more difficult. This hurt my gpa in the long run and I wasn't able to learn as much as I could have my first year. My second year has been much more successful now that I know how to balance everything and not take on more than I can handle.

The community. No matter what the person's personality is, he or she will always find people to relate to. The people here, professors, workers, students, are all wonderful people and will help any way they can with issues and problems.

Covenant College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.