Lookout Mountain, GA
Covenant College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Covenant College

Kara

My school is an academically challenging and fulfilling school, filled with a variety of people, the majority of whom are motivated and dedicated.

As someone with college experience, I would like to give you some advice for the transition to college. First of all, don't be nervous. Everyone is nervous about meeting new people and fitting in, so there is no need to stress about it. Secondly, set some goals for yourself before arriving at college. Make a commitment to yourself to work out three days a week, and to achieve a 3.50 GPA or higher. It is easy to neglect important things if you haven't set a specific goal for yourself beforehand. Another piece of advice is to not procrastinate. This may seem like old news, but the sooner you get your homework done, the more time you will have to socialize and relax, and the down time will actually boost your performance. Perhaps one of the most important pieces of advice I could give you would be to make friends as soon as possible. I was so busy with sports for the first few months of my college career that I didn't have time to develop strong friendships, and I later regretted not forging a strong group of friends to rely on.

In my opinion, the worst thing about my school is the weather. Because we are located on top of a mountain, there is often heavy fog that leaves students feeling gloomy and unmotivated at times.

C.

I would tell myself that homework doesn't need to be perfectly done, it just needs to be done. I would also tell myself not to be frustrated by my work-study job, mentioning that, though I found it to be exasperating at first, I now enjoy it.

The kind who can tolerate the opinions and behaviors of other people.

The inflexability of the meal plan.

Zachary

Built on top of a mountain, Covenant College is somewhat set apart from the surrounding areas, but the social life is still dynamic and I have no regrets choosing this school.

Having struggled significantly with depression in highschool, I would have told myself about the friends that I would make and the progress I would see in my spiritual, athletic, academic life. I would have encouraged myself to not worry about the social dynamics since others would be so willing to reach out to me. At the same time, I would have encouraged myself to work harder on developing good study habits to lessen the shock of change in academic difficulty and to save the money I had earned in order to spend it more wisely.

that I needed to get a car in order to get off the campus.

Sam

My classmates are fantastic: they are friendly, challenging and supportive.

My classmates are fantastic: they are friendly, challenging and supportive.

I wouldn't worry so much about being certain what I wanted to do. My career aspirations have been shaped so much in the short time I've been at college, they don't really look a whole lot like they did when I was looking at schools in my senior year.

I brag about the atmosphere here- it is so constructive.

Timothy

Covenant College is a school that centers its beliefs around Jesus Christ. Covenant is known for applying a Christian worldview to everything, causing the students to use this worldview in their specific majors and other aspects of their lives.

Just say no. For me, it does not refer to the use of drugs, ibut rather to the amount of social activities you do. Students transitioning to a college feel like they need to be a part of every club, intermural team, and bonding with your hallmates. But there is a point where you need to stop and think about the amount of activities you are doing. College is a time of making friendships and having fun, but it is also a time to develop your mind academically. On this note, do not lock yourself in the library, but balance your time well, so you can look back at your four years with good grades and even better friends.

The worst thing about Covenant is what we call the "Covenant Bubble." The school is located on Lookout Mountain, Georgia. Because of this, Covenant seems to have a lack of close connection with Chattanooga, Tennessee. The "Bubble" refers to how the students feel that they are in a bubble, somewhat separated from the rest of the world.

James

My classmates are my family.

My classmates are my family.

Find a place that you feel at home. A school that you're comfortable at, yet challenged to grow in a positive direction. Resulting in strong character and responsibility that will carry you through life.

Tianna

make sure you go and visit the campus and meet some of the students. stay in the dorms, eat the food, go to sporting evernts. really experience the campus. pray about your decision

the campus is not very handicap accessible because its on a mountain

Corey

I would tell them that the choice is theirs. First make plans for after college. Step back and look for a college that will prepare you the best for your plans, and then examine the learning environment, the social environment, the professors, and extracurricular activity. There are thousands of colleges out there. The chances are high that there is a college out there for you. Parents, don't try to keep you kid close to home if they want to go elsewhere. The learning experience they are searching for may require them to go to the other side of the country. Whatever it takes to prepare you for your future endeavors will be necessary. College should also be a great time for building relationships and learning how to be more social. A well equipped, social adult may be the best thing for progression in a work environment, and it can all be part of the college experience. So bottom line, find the school that suits you in EVERY way, and you will be set for life.

I wish I had known that everything I do in class will come back in the future, i.e. bad grades, failed assignments, etc.

The cost of attendance is really high and it kind of distracts the poor student from learning because you are always wondering how you are going to stay in this school financially, and not placing all your attention on your grades.

James

Take any classes that you think you might be interested in, expand your horizon and expose yourlself to different diciplines. This is a great chance to learn much from very intelligent and caring professors and you should make the most of it. Find some good friends and stick with them. Dont get cought up in the popularity game and value who you are based on how many people you know, thats meaningless and will just bring you superficial relationships. Get to know your classmates and professors.

I wish i would have tried for more scholarships, at covenant and elsewhere. there are many scholarships avaliable, and the cost is alot, but covenant does offer much assistance. I wish i would have known about the rock climbing and caving nearby.

What i brag about the most are the teachers. The teachers here really care about the students on an academic level as well as a personal level. During advising for classes, they usually try to get to know you and many teachers have given me some great advice and helped me through things i am going through. Most of the teachers are very engaging, and interesting teachers who know what there talking about.

Tucker

Start early when searching for colleges. Look around at schools and apply early decision to the ones you really liked. If you feel like you want to take a year off, don't be afraid to do it. There are lots of options for students who do not want to start at a fourr year university right away. When you look at schools talk to students who are like you and ask them questions about the school. Most of the time current students are the best way to find out what a school is really like.

Covenant College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.