Covenant College Top Questions

Kristin

The community. No matter what the person's personality is, he or she will always find people to relate to. The people here, professors, workers, students, are all wonderful people and will help any way they can with issues and problems.

Hailey

The best thing about Covenant is the community. It is a great place to grow spiritually--together, having accountability and honest, deep relationships. The housing is set up in a way that your hall becomes your family and your building becomes your extended family. You do a lot of things with your hall. The small size of the college allows you to get to know people from all of the other halls/buildings as well, and even just having one cafeteria allows you to see all of your friends a lot and continue getting to know them.

Damarise

The best thing about my school is how friendly almost everyone is. Not a lot of people get made fun of here because of the way they dress or look. They certainly don't get harrased because of their race or background. It's so nice!

Michah

The community -- which is honestly very hard to describe if you haven't experienced it yourself. It's loving -- but not in a gushy sense. The students and staff love each other and hold each other accountable.

Faith

Covenant College has the most amazing sense of community and the most caring professors/staff. We do not have fraternities or sororities but the dorm halls give us a sense of community that is almost like brothers and sisters. Our school is small enough that you know of a lot of people, but big enough that there are sometimes people that you may want to meet because you've probably never seen them before. Best of all, we have great school spirit and rigorous academics.

Susanna

The best thing about Covenant could also be called the hardest thing. Covenant invites students to enter a rich yet demanding tradition of cherishing Christian values and building relationships based on solid principles. This calling and invitation is difficult but rewarding. Students sign a code of conduct, study spiritual and political heroes of the past in core classes, attend chapel services, and complete hours of service to the school and community that require energy, discipline, and commitment. Yet those students who desire to serve and learn receive support, love and constant encouragement to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically.

emma

The class sizes as well as the relationships students have with their professors. The professors want to see the students excell and grow.

Ali

The focus of Covenant College is based on Colossians 1:18 "In All Things...Christ Preeminent." Acknowledging Christ preeminent as the creator of all things, as the redeemer of people fallen into sin, as the touchstone of all truth, and as the sovereign ruler over all areas of life, the College strives to discern and to unfold the implications of His preeminence in all things. They seek to appropriate the mind of Christ as the biblical perspective from which we characterize and respond to reality. They are committed to excellence in academic inquiry.

Luisa

Community, community, community. Covenant College is all about building community and relationships with those around you. It is not uncommon to see people hanging out and talking about their lives on the chapel lawn, in the dining hall, the dorm lobbies, and dorm rooms. We all strive to build relationships with those around us, even the faculty. Covenant also pushes their students academically and encourages them to be put in situations that may not be as familiar or comfortable to them, which is both challenging and rewording. Overall, Covenant is a well rounded school which I love and would recommend.

Britney

Covenant College focuses on the student, his/her experiences, and how the school can best grow them in both academics and their personal lives. This means that there are people here from many different places in the U.S. and all over the world, because the school welcomes anyone with a desire to learn and grow, especially in their faith. Covenant is a Christian college, and seeks to help students learn how best to live and love their communities and the people around them. I would recommend Covenant to students who wish to be challenged and grow in many ways.

Josh

The friends I've made are the best thing about Covenant. Along with the dorm life.

The faculty are amazing. They are totally on your side and are much more qualified than you would expect considering the small, religious nature of the school. Many are Ivy League graduates and are highly intelligent, yet still capable of breaking information down to teach effectively.

Rachael

The community is the best thing. Students and faculty care for one another and pray for each other often.