Yucaipa, CA
Crafton Hills College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Crafton Hills College

Rebecca

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the first piece of advice would be listen to what the ACT test recommended for areas of study. I am back in school because my first degree did not fit my personality type. I should have gone into something related to the medical field. Do not be afraid of poking someone with a needle. It is okay to not start out confidently when you begin college. I would tell myself that the most important thing in a profession is to love what you do, even if it means changing your major part way through your junior year. I would also tell myself that it is okay to go away to college. It can be a great experience. Explore the world around you. Education is not only learned at college but where we travel and through the people that we meet. I would also recommend that you take more fun classes. As well as getting a degree it is okay to develop other talents and hobbies. Spend time having fun too. You do not have to finish in exactly 4 years.

I do not think that there is any type of person that should not attend. It is a great starting place to complete an Associates degree and is very affordable.

The parking situation. It is hard to find a parking space. You have to show up 45 minutes early to find a parking space. The other frustrating thing is not enough available class times. There may be only one section of the class offered a semester and it conflicts with the times that other classes you need that only have one section offered also.

Vanessa

The advice i would give myself is: Time will get rough but no matter what, continue on with your education. In order to recieve and achieve your goal, you must maintain high grades. When it comes to homework, do not procrastinate. If you put a hold on it, by the time you get to it, you'll realize something will come up to where you can not complete it, or when you get to it, you'll realize you should have done it earlier becuase now you're going to get like 4 hours of sleep.

The worse thing about Crafton Hills College, is that there are people there, who really don't want to be there. They do not take the classes seriously, nor do they take the time to do the work. They treat it like it's nothing more than the 'thirteenth grade', just another year after high school. Another thing i do not like about Crafton Hills: Is that the class rooms caps, is a high number. I like the idea of having smaller classes, which equal more one-on-one time with the students.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend to Crafton Hills College, is the kind of student who just wants to go there just becuse they are forced to, or just becuase it's something to do. College, Rather it's a Community College or not, should be treated respectfully. Whereas, The students that are already there, want to be there to get a higher education. Yes, most people are there just for pre-req's, but they are there so they can end up transferring to a USC or some other college.

Erika

Super chill, and ready to work, everyone is really relaxed and willing to help each other.

I would have told myself to sign up for as many scholarships as possible, I tried for none then and am paying the price now. Literally. I have to put my dream school off for a few years because I cant afford it, and its not even an expensive school.

Really anyone can attend, I see it as just a start off point for most peopl. Most of the students will eventually move to bigger colleges but in the recession need to start with junior college. Its a really chill school and most students and professors are really easy to talk to, I cant think of a person who wouldn't be able to attend.

Stevi

The very first thing I would tell myself, would be a list teachers. Directing myself who and whom not to take. Second, I would heed warning about the construction that takes place, as well as the dreadful parking situation. In addition I would give myself hints as to what certain professors are looking for, to aid my success and perhaps decrease the stress level. Lastly, I would tell myself to simply follow my mind. I have no regrets concerning my college life up till now, so I would want myself to do exactly what I would normally do. Everything happens for a reason, so I wouldn't want to chance altering my path, but just trying to avoid a few bumps in the road.

The best part about Crafton is that the campus and classroom sizes are smalle enough for the teachers to truly teach the students. If a student has a question he or she is able to approach the teacher, and the teacher will not only know the students name (most of the time), but also have the time and desire to help.

The most frustrating thing about Crafton is the parking. Parking is so bad that we sell bumper stickers that say something along the lines of 'if I'm late tell my professor that I'm looking for a parking spot.' You truly have to be agressive if you wish to aquire a decent parking spot, and you have to be willing to be very early for class.

Crafton Hills College makes students excited about college and also helps them with any problems or questions they might have about college.

My school is able to have the one-on-one help with teachers other schools don't provide. They have a wonderful financial aid team to help you find what kind of finacial aid you can recieve. Crafton also has fun and exciting events that students and even parents and friends can attend, for a low cost too. They sell tickets to movies and amusement parks for a cheaper price than the places. Crafton Hills college makes going to college fun and cheap.

I would tell myself to first go to Craftons financial aid team and see what they can do for me and look for scholarships online. I would also tell myself to not slack off because the faster I get done with college the closer I am to my career. I would also tell myself to encourage others to go to college too.

Crafton Hills College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.