New Bern, NC
Craven Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Craven Community College

Sandy

Craven Community College is a great stepping stone for transferring to a four year college. There programs are kept current and up to date and class sizes are rather small; this helps with teacher/student communication. I enjoy the laid back atmosphere and the ability to work at my own pace.

Tori

As a highly mobile military spouse, I have found Craven to be the most worthwhile community college to attend. The class size is conducive to one-on-one attention with highly skilled professors. The professors have always been accessible in person and online. The courses are rigorous, but the student learning center and library are grade A resources that are stacked with appropriate staff and information. Campus size is small and plenty of parking. Administration and Registration staff are always kind and helpful, especially with commuters. I gave a 4/5 stars because I feel there needs to be a better understanding to financially and academically working with military and military dependent students.

Britney
Craven Community College

It's a great Community College to transition and prepare students for university life.

J ason

The advice I would give to myself is to not be afraid to make mistakes and to take chances. Failing or making mistakes is a fear that a lot of people have. I think the fear of this becomes more and more prevalent as you get older. While in High School you will make mistakes and those are the times that you can learn the best lessons in life. I wish I would have been less afraid of failing and took some chances on things. One thing I wish I would have done is started up my own business in high school. Starting up your own business is a scary thing but I feel that I could have learned a lot by doing this and potentially been further along than where I am now. The risk of failure is still there but the outcome of failing in high school is much less impactful than failing when you have nothing to fall back on such as your parents, or if you have a family to provide for.

Hey "High school Samantha" stop thinking so much about that boy. You know, the one you THINK you love? You haven't found your prince charming yet, trust me. Stop focusing on how your hair looks or if Cindy is talking bad about you. Hear that little voice you're putting off right now? Yeah, that's the teacher and she's actually giving you wise advice in class but you're worrying about pointless stuff. Stop worrying about the small things that won't matter next week. High school is a big deal, yes, but it should only be a big one because it is a milestone in your future life. High school teaches you valuable lessons for college. Although college and high school are alike, the studying, presenting, and learning skills are imperative. The better you do right now and focus on the important things, the easier it'll all be when you go to college. Like I said, trust me.

That I can get a degree and get the hell out of there.

Andrea

I honestly love Community college because it?s small. I suffer from panic attacks and go into sudden shock around crowds so it helped me adjust to being around a lot of people. I was accepted to East Carolina University but decided to go to community college to help get use to college level work and larger course loads. Craven Community College offers a wide variety of transferrable courses, so I thought it would be best to get my general education classes out of the way at a cheaper price. It also has interesting of programs, clubs, and student activities.

As a high school senior I had a reduce schedule and started taking courses at the community college. The great thing about that is those college courses are free when taken while in high school. I wish I would have taken more, because the three classes I did take helped financially and also helped me get ahead. I do wish that I would have got involved more. I was on the step team but we never even got to have one performance because the leaders quit to join track. I was a cheerleader in middle school but in high school I never tried out because I was too busy working. I wish I would have tried out for the team so I could have more memories. I was however a member of junior civitans and fellowship of Christian athletes. As a high school senior the most important thing I could have done for myself was apply for grants and scholarships. I applied for a few and still two years later I haven?t received one and I am working two jobs to pay for tuition and books. I should have started much sooner because earning scholarships is a competitive process.

Craven community college is a great place to get started. We are tested and forced to think critically the same way we would at a four year university. Craven is great because it is affordable. There is a Havelock campus, the main campus in New Bern, and even college courses available at the Marine Corps base allowing students to choose the location best for them. The teachers are always available to provide extra help and I can honestly say all of my instructors are enthusiastic about their subject.

If I could go back in time, I would first tell myself that I do not need to have a lot of money to go to school. That there are more resources out there for me and to use them. That just because my parents can not afford to pay for college, does not mean that I can not afford it. I would also tell myself that the anticipation is the worst part. It will be okay once you start going, and just get your foot in the door as soon as you can. Other wise I will wait 8 years and have 2 children before you get back to it. Then I would end up not only having to worry about paying for school, but also day care. Not to mention the hours that will be taken away from my children and husband. When you already have a family, the stress load will be much higher and the hours will not be ideal. With hours being mostly at night, not as many classes are offered so it may take even longer to get your degree. Finally I would tell myself to take a "no thank you" bite.

Joshua

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to take classes offering hands-on experience for the field I was interested in. This would give me more experience, and help understand the classes at the college better.

Craven Community College have instructors who teach you the curriculum and make it interesting. There are also organized events such as tournaments, club days, free food days, which make Craven Community a great place to attend.

Craven Community College is perfect for a student who is interested in learning or wants to learn a new skill. All groups are welcome at Craven Community.

william

I think i would tell myself to go to college right out of high school, because I could join the Marine Corps after college and become a Commisioned Officer instead of enlisted. I enjoyed my time in the military but i was unaware that there were officers or how to become one before i enterred. Now knowing this I would pursuade myself to go that route. I would also try to convince myself to save some money and have a plan for going to college. I think one of the best things I could tell myself is to have a plan after you get your class schedule(set study time). There are so many things that now knowing could have helped then. A significant thing would also be. You don't need something new everyweek save money for the overpriced books you are going to have to buy for class.

I wish i knew how accessible this college was to night, online and weekend classes. I waited to attend school for so long not knowing what colleges in my area were offering.

This school is a good school for anyone pursueing a higher education. The staff is very helpful with any question or concern that i have addrressed.

Craven Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.