New Bern, NC
Craven Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Craven Community College

The first thing I would say is "do not over stress" highschool teachers prepare you for the very worse things that could happen. College professors know what they want, and they give you an outline of it all. You literally get an outline in balck and white, and do your work based off of that. If you ever have any questions, do not be afraid to ask, professors like to answer questions. Obviously there will be homework, but there are a lot of study groups you could join. So whether it is a professor or another student someone is always there to help you. You meet a lot of interesting people in college, and the best thing is there are no "clicks" like in highschool. Everyone is very friendly and keeps to themselves mostly, it is drama free. College so far has been the best part of my life!

The professors are very understanding, and they always get their point across. There are many classes available, and there is more than one campus, which is convienent. Everyone is welcome to Craven, whether you are new to college, going back to college, or have just started late. I could go on and on about what i feel is the "best thing" but actually I like it all.

I always brag about my professors. My professors are really awesome, and so far I have liked each of them. They are all so different and they all have their own unique teaching style. Plus they all "teach" not just "tell", so obviously that is something to brag about.

Lakeisha

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would say take your time in planning your future. So many high school students feel pressured into going to college either by family or by friends who are applying for college and they are not ready to go. Sometimes it takes being out on your own and experiencing the world to figure out what you want. Take time out to actually research careers to find out what interests you. The biggest mistake is choosing a career based on money. If possible, talk to some experts in careers you are interested in and find out what it consists of. They may be able to stop you from making the mistake of choosing a career thats not right for you. Get to know the real you. Be willing to stand on your own as a person and be willing to work hard. Nothing good and nothing worth having comes without hard work, dedication, and determination.

I would consider the best thing about my school to be the size of it. At most universities you sit in a huge auditorium classroom and not only is it hard to see the board but its sometimes hard to hear. The teachers are more involved because the classes are smaller and they are more able help whenever needed. Its very easy to contact an instructor about a class because they do not have as many students to keep track of. The environment is more family oriented in a sense than a university because of its size.

Although it is a small college they have alot of degree programs to offer. The college is a short distance from shopping centers and restaurants. There is not alot of walking to do to get from class to class and the teachers are excellent!

Crystal

Students today in highschool try any and everything to get in and out as fast as they can. Remember college teachers are not as acceptable to late homework and they frown upon students who do not apply themselves. College is your last step to your career and highschool is your final step to college, so remember to take each day as a lesson learned in every subject and apply yourself. Take time in writing the best english paper, take time in studying for that math test and take time to learn every step in the science lab. Everything that a teacher offers in highschool will help you work towards the degree you will like to achieve for the future in college.

Garry

My school is best known for getting people in the community best ready for the work force in the real world. Two top programs they provide is Nursing and Computer Science, they also do well with Aerospace.

If i could go back in time, I'd tell myself to join more constructive clubs, join ROTC and go into the reserves when you first get out so the military can help pay for your schooling, this gives you two legs up over everyone else in life off bat. Being apart of the Military and having a College Education is an unstoppable force. Stay in shape, parties and girls are still going to be there later on in life you dont have to be at every event. Study and keep up with your school work be more organized and efficient about things, and most of all dont activate any of those credit cards they're going to send you in the mail!!!

The lack of enthusiasm most students have about going here because of how bland it is.

Claudia

I would tell myself not to wait or put off college. I would explain to myself what a wonderful experience college life is and what it allows my future to hold for me. I would tell myself that I am giving myself the opportunity to learn and see new things as well as give myself the opportunity to have a better life for myself and my family. I would tell myself about what all I have missed out on by waiting to attend college because I wanted to start my family and take time off. Taking time off from school between high school and college for most means that they will never go back or they will be the age I am now before they decide to go back. I will explain to myself about all the opportunities I have missed out on for bettering my situation because I had not attended college and did not possess the degrees I needed to get the job of my dreams.

The only people that I would say shouldn't attend CCC would be someone planning on becoming a doctor. I think this college would be great for anyone else who wishes to continue education. They have very knowledgable staff and instructors. My experience here has been wonderful.

Amber

If class starts in the early afternoon, make it to school by 0800 and use that time to study. Home life gets in the way of study time and studying in the morning when the brain is not tired helps with memorization and comprehension of material. Do not get involved with large study groups because they socialize more than study. Just find one or two people to study with before tests. Make sure they are people who want to study quietly and then ask questions to confirm or clear up confusing information. Make sure to eat healthy breakfast before a test, it really will improve grades.

I wish I would have know the amount of online that was required for most of the classes.

This school seems adaptable to all kinds of people. I would have to say that if you tend to find trouble where ever you go this may not be the school for you. CCC does not tolerate trouble makers and with the on campus police and security they handle problems quickly and efficiently.

Convenient student focused, forward thinking college facility.

Convenient student focused, forward thinking college facility.

All students are well rounded and willing to help any and everyone.

To study harder and take every advantage available to get grants, scholarships and loans. Focus more on the work at hand and not allow others to persuade you into something else.

Garry

Getting People Ready for the work force, also Nursing and Computer Programs

Getting People Ready for the work force, also Nursing and Computer Programs

Join as many Clubs and follow through with as many Extra Curriculum Activites as you can! You don't have to go to all the parties and games and what not because when your out the only thing thats gonna matter is a party called Graduation.

Its location, Close to everything

Craven Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.