Creighton University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Creighton University

gabi

PLEASE PLEASE listen to the people who tell you NOT to go here. it is TRULY the most boring school in the ENTIRE COUNTRY. no amount of scholarship money I got was worth coming here for. LISTEN TO ME. there’s NOTHING TO DO IN NEBRASKA. and the people are so WEIRD. like they’re either TOO crazy and go wild on weekends or TOO calm and just study all the time. ph and you can be super extroverted and struggle making friends. anyways. force you to talk about deep things with people who don’t care

Kim

To begin with I am the parent of the student this review is about: There is no safety on campus. Untrained, uneducated employees act as security, intimidate students, and overstep their authority. My daughter was raped in her first 10 days. Nothing was done except offer counseling. Omaha Police not called. We had to do that when our daughter got up the courage to tell us. Due to daughter looking Hispanic, which she is not, she was discriminated against by Creighton. e.g. she was the only one searched in a room of students and dragged down to the security office. Later they held a kangaroo court to discipline her for being in the presence of drugs and alcohol. Anyone walking into a residence at Creighton is in the presence of drugs/alcohol. Every 3rd or 4th room has drugs and/or alcohol in it. I recorded our daughter's kangaroo court session which, as her parent, I was allowed to attend but not allowed to speak or I would be ejected. A student is forbidden to have a lawyer but Creighton had their lawyer present! Creighton said our daughter "was not contrite enough". FOR WHAT? She did no wrong. FYI. Contrary to what Creighton advertises, they are not a private university. They do accept many DoD grants making them non private. I believe there is a way for users to message me if they would like a copy of the recording of the hearing. I hope this helps prospective students in their search for an appropriate university.

Cami

Creighton is a wonderful and interesting school. The vibe and culture at Creighton is unlike any other school I visited or have been to since. You truly have to come up and visit to understand the mix of academic rigor, party atmosphere, and cult-like groupies. I mean all of this in only the most positive way, of course. So, come down and visit our quirky school. Roll Jays!

Stefanie

Stepping onto foreign soil is never an effortless task, especially when one has no connections besides that of a wi-fi network. Fortunately, the once foreign land of Creighton University, welcomed me into a family larger than life, or as we like to call it... The Nest. Everyone on campus can be seen wearing a warm smile that invites conversation. Moving into the classroom, the academic opportunities are no short of infinite. Professors insight discussions that are still held well after the hour and fifteen minute lecture has ended. The rapport between students and faculty members cannot be beat. Creighton University truly succeeds in making the nest our home.

randy

Creighton University is well-known for their academics where they have been ranked as the #1 college in the Midwest region; their strong academics is rooted in their Jesuit core values of Magis (to do more), Women & Men for and with Others, Cura Personalis, Unity of Heart, Mind, & Soul, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam, and Forming and Educating Agents of Change. Creighton is the perfect university for myself as not only do they provide a strong pre-medicine program, they are also want to develop a well-rounded person that is not strictly worried about academics; they strive to develop and guide students to become leaders to create a better world for all.

Alaina

Creighton University is a great school. That is, if you can afford it. Since it is a private school, it's on the pricier side. However, it is entirely worth it in my opinion. The class sizes allow you to have an actual relationship with professors and I think that enhances your education immensely.

Shayna

Without doubt, Creighton University provided me with the foundation for success. The subtle yet effective coupling of academia with ethics, higher order thinking and the Ignatian values of truth and service proved to be indispensable to me. This foundation has made all the difference in my work and academic life, as well as, in my personal life. A student need not be Catholic nor conservative to gain great value from Creighton education. All world views are valued and respected on campus. The University itself is very beautiful. It is well maintained and the students are very respectful of campus. There are many grassy areas where students can spend time in the spring and fall socializing and studying, and in the freezing cold winters, buildings are relatively close to one another (the campus is quite small), and so trudging through miles of snow is usually avoided. Creighton University has a fantastic Pre-Med program, probably one of the best in the country, offering pre-med for every major as well as a pre-medicine seminar that prepares students to being competitive graduate school applicants. Business is highly regarded at Creighton behind medicine, and there are also many opportunities for law. For many, the strength of the medical, business, and law schools discourages them from applying for more liberal-art majors or programs, which it shouldn't - although lacking in the photography department, Creighton is also well known for its dance and theatre programs. Creighton is a fantastic University. Located in downtown Omaha Nebraska, one might think that it's a very rural, poorly equipped university. However it is quite the opposite. Omaha is a flourishing city, with many things to do and many places to go. Downtown Omaha, being only a five minute drive from campus, has a thriving night life and fantastic restaurants, movie theatres, and shopping. Dundee, an area of Omaha on the opposite side of Creighton, is a very fun, well preserved 50's neighbourhood with, like the downtown, a fantastic night life and many fantastic restaurants and shops. Students are very friendly, as are teachers. Although classes, as they can be in every university, can be difficult, teachers are always willing to help students either in class or one on one (teachers mostly always have very convenient office hours, or will meet up with students if scheduled). Except for a couple of very minor issues, the only problem with Creighton University is the pricing. In state tuition is upwards of $30,000, and out of state tuition is upwards of $40,000 (including room and board). This is something one should consider, and something that I know has deterred many students from attendance. However, if one is willing to make the investment, Creighton's resources and prestige make up for the price excellently.

Adnan

Creighton University provides one of the best quality educations in Nebraska. For decades, Creighton held its outstanding reputation on producing young men and women who are fit for their future jobs. Not only that, but Creighton graduates are constantly proving their success by contributing to their community and to the society as a whole. At Creighton, I have received the care that every student wants. When I met my advisor for the first time, I realized that he had planned everything out for me, which made the transition easier. Later on, I realized that Creighton pays special attention and care to all of its students. Professors are always available, and they make sure that you don’t feel left out. The labs, library and all of the technology related aspects are always up to date and provided. At Creighton, classrooms rarely exceed 60 students. This ensures that each and every student gets an opportunity to ask their questions, voice their opinions, and have an intellectual conversation with their classmates and professor. Professors at Creighton encourage students to attend open debates or events outside the classroom to keep the students engaged in their field of interest. While education is the most important aspect of attending college, college experience is in no way less important. Education can come in different forms; it’s not always books and classrooms. At Creighton, the average student belongs to at least 1 or 2 clubs. Some Students belong to sororities and fraternity. Belonging to clubs, or Greek society, provoke a sense of responsibility and entitlement. Those clubs and societies make it obligatory on the students to volunteer and serve the society on a regular basis.

Chris

I am pursuing my masters in negotiations and conflict resolution with Creighton's online program. I have had a wonderful experience with this program and their online department. This department has given me the resources and support I need to pursue my education and have a positive experience. My program is incredible, it has and will continue to change my life as I learn new views in which I can work with conflict in my family and professional space. Creighton is an exceptional school and I would recommend this program to anyone.

Alfonso

It is my overall opinion. that Creighton University is a very wonderful academic institution. The campus is very aesthetic, the culture is very welcoming and pleasant, the food needs some work, the facilities are top drawer, and the opportunities that Creighton provides us with are unmatched.

Zisi

I am so thrilled with my choice to attend Creighton for my PharmD. I feel the education I am receiving is top notch and we are taught to care for people, not patients. Regardless of your religious affiliation, the Ignation values apply to a moral way of life. No wonder they are one of the top in the country!

Brianna

Creighton University is well rounded university that thrives in a variety of areas. Academically, students are pushed to their core. Students are extremely challenged, and are required to work hard to find success. Professors are always willing and available to help students succeed! Athletically, Creighton is home to D1 sports with successful teams that are supported by dedicated student fans. Lastly, Creighton has a number of student clubs and organization to join no matter one's interest. Creighton is a safe environment and contains something for everyone, all while maintaining a respected academic reputation.

Chloe

Creighton holds itself to a higher standard when looking at how it applies itself to the surrounding community. The school makes community service a high priority and instills the jesuit values in many areas of the education. the education itself is good with small classroom sizes so you can become close and interact personally with your professors. Athletically, the only sport anyone really cares about basketball. The games are fun to be at in the huge arena and show how Omaha really comes out to see the school. But other than this, there is no apparent school spirit. I came from a big high school so coming to Creighton was strange as it felt like nothing really changed as Creighton is a small university. The dining halls do not serve very good food with not many healthy options. My diet consisted mostly of cereal and bagels in the last months of the school year especially because they had closed down the main dining hall for renovations. People join greek life but it is more of just a normal club than a way of life. There are no greek houses so any parties are off campus and normally get shut down pretty early. Since it is in the city of Omaha many students go downtown to the bars on the weekends or a night club. There normally are not many concerts or other things to do in Omaha or on campus. You definitely will want a car if you plan on going there! Personally for me it wasn't a good fit and I decided to transfer but there are some students there who absolutely love it.

Chirstyn

Creighton University is a community/ family oriented school that cares for each of their students. I never feel like a small fish in a big pond and I have felt at home from the moment I stepped onto campus. I am a pre-med student and can say from my experience that Creighton's courses are challenging and rigorous, preparing me well for the MCAT and for Medical school. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Katelynn

I believe Creighton University is a great school. The professors are very good about making time for you, even outside of their regular office hours. The only large lecture I have is gen bio, but other than that all of my classes have 35 students or less. The classes are not too hard, but it really does vary by what professor you have. I currently live on campus, as all freshman and sophomores are required too. The food is the dining hall is mediocre, but there are other on-campus dining options that are much better. Overall, I think this is the perfect school for someone who wants a good campus life but doesn't want the hassle of large class sizes.

Gabriella

Creighton University was my top choice. The first time I stepped foot on campus the summer before my senior year of high school, I fell in love. I knew that Creighton University was the place that I was mean to be for college. Now, as I have just finished my very first semester, I still have that same pride and sense of belonging at Creighton. There have been many challenges that I have faced moving to college, but there is not other university I would even consider attending. Creighton has so many opportunities for students. I have grown and learned so much in the first four months of college. There is no place I would rather be to continue my education than Creighton University.

I liked Creighton University. I was not too big that you would never see the same person twice, but it was big enough to where you could meet people on the time. I liked that they were not just catholic in name, but the catholic values were instilled but not forced on students. The food was okay. The food at Billy Blues, Mcgloin, and Davis were really good, but the food at Brandeis and Skutt Student Center were okay but not the best. I liked that the class sizes were not too big, the largest class I had was about 200 students and that was the intro the biology class. This was good because I got a chance to get to know my professors and get letters of recommendations when I needed to. The soccer games were fun, because our team was good and the players were good looking and really nice. The basketball team then was not as good as they were now, but the games were still fun. Overall, it's a great school. I graduated 7 years and I am still friends with the people that I met there. I only downside is that it is not very diverse. About 90% of students are Caucasian, about 7% are Asians, then about 3% where African Americans. There were many classes in which I was the only African American female in the class. It was fine, I never encountered overt racism, but it was uncomfortable at times. Other than that, I had a great experience at Creighton University. Go Bluejays!

Melanie

What a wonderful school, I am so glad I decided to attend. The freshman dorms are not the cream of the crop but the sophomore dorms are so hang in there! You are required to live on campus sophomore year but you will definitely enjoy it. All of the professors I've had so far are BEYOND intelligent. Involvement on campus is amazing, there's something for everybody. I would recommend this for anyone, not just the typical pre-med student.

Morgan

Creighton is very much like other Jesuit institutions within the United States.

Kathryn

I really enjoy being able to attend Creighton University. Despite the high tuition rates, I enjoy being able to attend a school that is greatly focused on academics and encourages students to made a difference within society. Not only does this school adequately prepare me for my future, but it will help me to pursue a career that I love.

Rowan

Creighton University has changed my life in the best ways; I absolutely love it! The people that I've met are amazing, whether it be other students, professors, dining hall staff, or other faculty. Creighton has many extracurricular activities that students can get involved in, and there's a strong desire to get involved and serve our community across campus. I would recommend Creighton to anyone that's up for a rigorous academic experience; it will be hard, but definitely worth it!

Ax

Creighton University is a very racist school. There is not a lot of diversity in this school because if you are not white, then very likely, you won't get to graduate, even if you attended Harvard university as an undergraduate. The professors in the school of pharmacy are never available for office hours. The worst pharmacy school in the nation!

I love this school. The campus is beautiful and everyone at Creighton is amazing. This place is home to me. The class sizes are small, unless it is gen. bio., but that is because the school attracts a lot of bio majors. At Creighton, you feel like all of your professors care about you and want to make sure you have the ability to succeed in your goals.

Hailey

My overall opinion of Creighton University is that deciding to attend this school was the best decision I have ever made. The community at Creighton is my family and I always feel so comfortable and secure. Even with the craziness that happened this year with the corona virus, the administration made sure to call all students and check-in. There is never a question in my mind if Creighton cares for me. I know they do. The professors are one hundred percent supportive of their students and always open for questions and conversations. Student life is honestly amazing as well. I met so many people within the first week and I continued to meet and form relationships with new people every single day. I belong at Creighton and it will always be my home. I cannot wait for the next three years at my favorite place.

Cayla

I was nervous about the cost going into my freshman year at Creighton, but now going into sophomore year I feel it's worth the expense! There's a good balance of classes in every area of study, and every major is appreciated. My professors have never missed office hours, and are always available by email if they're not on campus. I've even had teachers take the time to call me and explain concepts to me if I'm having trouble. There are plenty of tutoring opportunities, and I have never had trouble getting a tutoring session set up. As a student-athlete, the school does a great job of keeping us on track with grades and upcoming assignments. Our school's biggest sports are basketball and soccer, and you'll almost always find full stands at these games unless the weather is rough. Most of the freshman dorms are on the older side, and are getting run down, but they've recently put money into the remodeling process. The upperclassmen dorms are apartment style and very nice-looking. If you are looking for a great nursing program, I totally recommend that you look more into Creighton as your home for the next few years! I am a second-year nursing student here, and I have not had a single professor that wasn't supportive of mine and the rest of the class's success. Sure, some of the core classes like English and math can seem boring if they're not in your wheel house, but the true nursing courses are so interesting!

I really enjoyed my time at Creighton. It was rigorous and I learned a lot. They really worked to support us the entire time we were in school and then after school as well. It became a community away from home and I met wonderful people from all over the United States since it's a private university. There were many great opportunities for learning in Creighton. I also had the chance to study abroad and my psychology classes were small. My professors in the department of Psychology were really great and had some really cool research going on. The path for pre-med was very rigorous and well thought out. They have a good path if you want to go into medicine or other health professions. My pre-med classes were anywhere from 30 students to 120 students. My psychology and core classes were about 20-30 students each semester. For having fun, there were many people who had a ton of fun but I was pre-health and didn't have the studying background of some of the other students who had always gone to private schools. I didn't drink much because I felt like I always needed to be studying but others definitely were able to go out and have fun more often. I joined a sorority and I really appreciated that they didn't have sorority houses. That way we could still be close but it gave us time to have other friends and do other things with our free time. I was also able to join a fair amount of other activities like a volunteer fraternity, and some other volunteer opportunities through places around school. The dorms and meal plans were ok. The food has probably changed since I was in school, but before it was always buffet and there were many sections. The dorm rooms were a little old but that is where I met a lot of the friends I had throughout university. I highly recommend living in the dorm. Some of my best memories were there. I was in Gallagher and then Swanson which were both really social. Gallagher was like a family away from home and the best one in my opinion but I'm biased. Once you get to know people, there are apartments on campus for the last two years or many people would go in together and live in a house. That was a good experience as well. It felt a little less safe as it was the old part of town but I never had any problems. If you choose, you could always live a little further west and still have a pretty short commute. One thing that recently reminded me of how much I enjoyed my time at Creighton, was my interaction with the Career Center. I have been applying to graduate school and they were really helpful with my personal statement and the process even though I've been graduated for a long time. I talked with two different councilors who helped me through multiple edits on my personal statement and resume. My friend went to a big state university and they weren't as helpful for her. I think that is one of the many nice things about going to a smaller private Catholic university, they have the resources to see you through to employment or graduate school.

Shereen

I visited Creighton University when I got called in for an interview for their Pharmacy School. I absolutely loved it! Everyone was super friendly and encouraging. The school itself is huge but there were people all around welling to help you get to where you needed to be. There program, at least for Pharmacy, is amazing. They truly did a good job in structuring their distance education program for the PharmD program. Overall, Creighton is amazing and I am very excited to start there this coming fall God welling!

Malorie

Creighton University is the embodiment of community. There is almost no bounds to what another person on campus may do for you if you asked. The professors are always available and almost always the kindest you will ever meet. The administration says they care who their students become rather than how much they make or how famous they become, which seems to me like an attitude that breeds more success than by those who care what their students are upon graduation or their dollar amount.

Kim

Look. Creighton has everything that’s important to a student’s future. Great academics, okay teachers (although some are HIGHLY questionable), and fair financial aid. I am not blind to or ungrateful for these things. However, everything that makes a college campus “inviting” or “attractive” in nonexistent. The food is the WORST part about this school. It’s awful. It has improved but still lacks variety and the same food is often served for two meals or even two days in a row. The only reason people come here is to look good for graduate school. In fact, it’s a running joke amongst many students to converse about why anyone would choose to go through the hell called Creighton. Most classes (at least in the college of science) are pretty difficult to pass for an average student and require a lot of time and effort. Many freshman don’t realize this and end up failing classes and giving up on their dreams. So many biology majors end up switching to business simply because it’s easier. Creighton can call that underachieving if they want... but I call it dream-killing. Just a money-hungry, almost-prestigious but just as pompous school.

Claire

I love being a Bluejay at Creighton University. The school has an atmosphere of service and intellection. The people are truly what makes all the difference. Creighton students are generally very kind, open, and willing to talk to anyone. Further, there is a lot of diversity on campus. There are students from across the US and across the world that all find their place within Creighton. The campus is easily accessible, has very nice facilities and buildings, and everything is very well-maintained. The professors truly care about each individual student and will challenge them to go above and beyond. Professors push critical thinking and intellectual discussions in an artful way that helps students grow and develop new opinions and ideas they may not have come into the university with. Academics are rigorous, but not in a busy-work way. Every assignment and conversation is intentional with room for meaningful discussion and ideas. People fall in love with Creighton, people grow at Creighton, and people find their passion at Creighton. I'm blessed to have been brought to this phenomenal institution.

Abriella

The educational side of Creighton is wonderful with lots of opportunities to a variety of classes to take. The student body gathers to together to support our teams and activities. Student involvement is encouraged and there are so many different ways to get involved.

Alexis

I think Creighton is a wonderful school and place to attend to learn and grow and as a person. Creighton has taught me that class is not just class. Class is a place where learning , growth, student interaction and sometimes a bit of fun can take place.