Saint Bonifacius, MN
Crown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Crown College

Benjamin

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Several factors played into my decision to attend Crown College. The focus on community, as well as the friendliness of faculty and students were probably most influential in leading to my decision. Many of the Christian values held by the school are also held by the majority of students, including me. Also, I hope to do community development/relief work after college, with CAMA Services, which is affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance, which Crown College is affiliated with.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library or your dorm room, definitely. Many students attempt to do homework at the coffee shop or cafe, but there are plenty of distractions and most end up talking with friends or playing foosball.

While Crown is not a very difficult college to be accepted to, a decent amount is required of the students. An honor's program is available, which is quite rigorous, but even most regular classes require about one to three hours of work outside of class for every hour in class, in order to make good grades. While there are always exceptions, most students put a decent amout of effort into their schooling, as Crown is an expensive school, and students need to hang onto their scholarships. The classroom setting is a very positive experience. The professors are very personable, for the most part. For example, every professor I have had since my freshman year knows my name, and it is not an uncommon occurence for a group of students to spend time with any particular professor outside of class time. Many professors are involved with organized campus activities, such as a "professor hide and seek" that takes place at the Mall of America each year. The school requires an internship or practicum for most majors, which is extremely valuable towards gaining practical experience and for finding a career after college. I am an Intercultural Studies major, and wil take a two month practicum overseas, in a country basically of my choice, doing work that will help me understand what is required of people that pursue whatever vocation I will hope to find myself in after graduation.

To outsiders, there is definitely a view of Crown students as the "good Christian kids." It may strike many as weird to see college students praying with each other, singing worship songs, using "Christian" lingo, etc. Seeing all this drives the stereotype; however, it is important to remember that like all stereotypes, there are many exceptions to the rule, and there is always a deeper story to any stereotype. The truth is, most of the students love the Lord very much, and are serious about pursuing an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. Crown very much values a community based setting, and most of the students are very welcoming and hospitable. The student leadership is the lifeblood of this community mindset, and are the reason many people both choose and remain at Crown College.

Ying Wei

Fun, engaing, religious, safe, professor-friendly, and community based school. Everyone knows everyone else and the community is very tight.

The stereotype is that all students are religious world-changing preachers and Billy Graham-to-bes, unfortuantely, that's not all of us. We are awesome group of students who believe in a Christ-centered life and the importance of missions and a life that glorifies God. We are not all preachers or Bible majors. However, we believe in relating faith to everything we learn. For example, I am an education major and we learn Christian education thoughts and philosophies.

Describe the dorms.

Supper nice, friendly and safe environment. We cook and watch movie together. Very tight dorm life, feel like sisters on the same floor.

When you step off campus what do you see?

Fields, a Target, Waconia lake, Subway, Holiday, deers.

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Mostly because I received a full-tution scholarship which includes the Christian Leadership Scholarship($10,000) and International Student Scholarship ($12,000). Also, I prefer faith-based schools because I feel like I am at a cross-road in my life to form my habbits and friendships for a life time, and I want to be in a community that encourgaes my faith journey.

Of course the Forensics Club and CORE (a student-led charity group) I am involved in. =) Well, people enage in different clubs such as Student Acitvity Board, the Senate, Forensics, CORE, Global Impact Team, the Year-Book Team, Cross-Country Team, Men&Women's Ministry. So there are options and varieties. Our dorms are very family oriented, we have brother-sister dorms that do dorm events together. We cook and watch movies. Doors are left open because the campus is really safe, we Christians just don't steal. =) We borrow things from each other's room and it's all good.

They are friendly, religious, Christ-centered, and outgoing. No LGBT on campus. We have a unique and awesome group of international students which I am proud to be a part of.

The professors know your name. Students often on regualr bases. There are always students who work harder than others, which is common in any college. People often have intellectual and spiritual discussion and debates outside of class. The Bible classes are very unique and really equips me in understanding all technical and intellectual part about my faith. Proffessors are more than happy to invest outside of class time with students. Invitation to professor's house for dinner, or a group of us dinning out with a professor is not unusal and always fun. My major is education and it's got 30 years of history in Crown, so it's an old and well-established major, one of the reasons why I choose to come to Crown.

Joanna

It is a small school in a countryside location. It feels very safe because of the setting. Because we do not have a large amount of students, it is easier to feel comfortable and harder to feel lonely. The faculty and staff are very committed to the well-being of their students.

The greatest advice I would give myself is to trust God and practice the violin very hard! College is a difficult transition period from being dependent on one's parents and moving towards living on one's own. When the assignments come pouring in and stress continues to build until the due dates, temptation arises to panic. I found that when you relax through the difficulty, do your homework, and trust God, everything always gets done! There is no need for panic. Also, many life decisions are made in college. Instead of fearing, trust that God will work everything out according to plan. The second thing I would tell myself is to practice violin very dilliegently. Practice is necessary to use the gifts God has given me to become the best I can at the violin and give Him the glory. I would then remind myself that it is not important whether or not I am the best violinist in the area. What is most important is that I play as well as I can and that I am humble with my talents. Thanks be to God, the great giver of gifts!

The welcoming community is very encouraging. The Christian environment is really encouraging and helpful. The professors really care about how the students are doing spritually and academically. It seems like there is no student who is overlooked. Since it is a small school, we also get a lot of one on one attention for the students which is very helpful, especially if students are struggling.

jared

There's always a way out and things will always get better. Don't excuse your faults and sins because you can't win the fight. You need to confront everything that is wrong in your life. If you want to grow, to move forward, you need to confront every single one of your faults. Confronting doesn't mean aking God to forgive you or asking for his help. Confronting is making a choice, saying no. Do this, God will help you, and you will succeed.

The community. I've never, in my life, had friends this close. The community has helped me grow so much as a person. There is something incredibly amazing about living in a community of strong christians.

The music program. Crown's music program is phenomenal and they have one of the bests guitar teachers I've had the pleasure of learning under.

Brady

Crown could be a great fit if you love the Lord. They offer everything you need to grow in your faith as well succeed in the classroom. One thing to consider about Crown is that the institution is still growing and working to make connections with internships in the different disciplines. Because of this, students must be proactive throughout undergrad to attain internships or other experiences off campus.

What are your classes like?

All of my classes are engaging and interactive. It's conversational yet the professor retains control of the classroom. It's awesome!

Unfortunately is a treck from the cities and many students go home on the weekend, including myself. If you're looking for a party school you want find it at Crown. Are there fun things to do? Absolutely! There's open gym, an awesome disc golf course, and great intramurals to name a few.

Students at Crown love Christ. It's my first experience being surrounded by genuine believers , which has brought me to closer relationship to Christ.

After talking to many of my friends at other institutions I was surprised to compare academics at Crown with them. It's incredibly rigorous. Perhaps this is different based on your field, but for Biology and Christian Studies majors it is very rigorous.

The stereotype of students at Crown from the outside is like that of a community college. That isn't the case at all. Crown is a community of believers as well as scholars in their chosen fields whether it be nursing, business, or vocational ministry.

Alexandra

I have been attending a community college since August, 2010. During this first semester, I have learnaed a lot about myself and about what I want out of my school experience. Along with learning the information that went along with my studies, I learned how I best could achieve my goal of getting good grades. I now know what ways I learn best and which study habits are right for me. There is also an opportunity while attending college to meet and get to know many different people who are different from myself. This is a very important aspect of the learning process. Attending school is the most important thing that I am doing in my life right now. I take it very seriously and want to experience it to the fullest. To me, attending college assures a brighter future. I am excited to study the things I will eventually use in my career as a Nurse.

Alvin

In my college experience I've leanered the basic never get old and it's good to now your basic cause you will need it in the long run. I dosen't hurt to try and if you give it your all good things will happen. I am happy to know that i can do something i like every time I wake up. The teachers are easy to get along with and show you how to do your work when you need it.

Kathleen

So far I have had a great experience with college. I did a tutoring program in high school and recieved free school for two years which I did not end up using. I recieved a federal pell grant that covered my tutition for the first two years and I graduated with my AA degree from Jefferson College. I am transferring to UMSL to finish my bacholer's degree and then i will transfer to a law school and finish my schooling phase of my life. I find that college has been extremely valuable to me i am learning all kinds of life lessons and skills that i am applying to my typical life. I just hope that i will be able to afford the rest of my education and be able to achieve my goals. Thank you for this oppurtunity.

Lindsay

My classmates are students who love God and show what true, genuine love feels like. The classmates are more like extended family members, we are all so close and have so much fun hanging out and loving God.

I have learned so much more about my relationship with God, have developed my faith, have learned about life and my future career from a Christian perspective, and have got to feel the genuine love and care of others.

Zach

I have only attended college for a semester, but it has helped me understand english much better, and as of right now, I am a great essay writer. I am actually looking forward to going back to school, which really helps students, like me, feel more encouraged to do better. You are in school because you want to be there. Therefore, you tend to do much better than you did when you were in high school.

Crown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.