Saint Bonifacius, MN
Crown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Crown College

Camille

Crown College is a small, private, Christian college that is focused around giving students a wonderful education while being surrounded by others who are there to help and encourage you in your walk with Christ and your journey through school.

It is a very small school. There are only about 1,200 students that attend Crown College and because of the small population, there really are no cliques. Everyone is accepted and there is no judgement put on others. We are all there for the same reasons, and the friends you make here are life long and very genuine.

First, not only have I made life long friends at Crown College, but I have also learned so many important life lessons. I have learned more in my one year at college than my four years in high school. Also, my faith and complete outlook on life has changed and become more and more positive. The reason why it has been so valuable to me, is that it gave me value in so many different aspects: friends, lessons, accomplishments, and new goals and dreams for my future. College is definitely the best four years of your life.

I havent been to college yet, but I plan to make it the beast years of my life its my chance to be successful and be able to provide for my family, I want to challenge myself and be able to push myself to the top. I choose psychology because I can help others and it is a stable future/career choice, the medical field will always be here so I personally think it is a great choice. Without going to college I will lack a good strong foudation of an education and that means I possibly might not succeed as well as I possibly could. So this scholarship will get me one step closer to my dreams and passion of learning.

Cynthia

My connections with my classmates has been online through their Adult Accelerated Learning Program. We communicate through discusion questions, online groups and chat rooms. We all seem to share a desire to work in ministry and serve the Lord by helping others. We help each other by expressing our view points which in turn keeps us open-minded to other opinions. I have been in online courses before and have gotten the impression that the students were online because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else. So far, my Crown classmates seem educated and eager to learn.

A child's development is very important to me and to our future. I decided to go back to school so I could increase my knowledge and gain the confidence in myself that I needed to be a better Children's Ministry Director. Attending Crown College's Adult Accelerated Learning Program has already started to build that confidence in myself. I have a sense of accomplishment because I am going after what I want and am making it happen. I have received admiration from fellow moms, wives and office associates that has also increased my desire to succeed at achieving my goal. I also consider my college experience a valuable lesson for my children. They are seeing firsthand the importance of finishing college first. Marriage and children can wait but in today's world you can't get by without some type of degree. On the other hand, they are learing that it is never to late to acheive your goal in life. Personally, my college experience is invaluable because it is providing me with the ability to help children in their development of Christian character and values.

The Adult Accelerated Learning Program is great for people like me who are going back to finish a degree they were unable to for one reason or another or people who are wanting a professional change. The program allows student to attend school while also managing a family and/or job. In order to succeed, students must be responsible and able to pace themselves to ensure all assignments are completed on time since their is not an in-person instructor to remind them.

Gerald

I have gotten a lot of experience from Crown College, a Christian and Missionary School. Like a typical school, students feel more independent from who they were to get homework done, be organize , and active with activities. Also to earn a degree in something. But what I got out school is to learn in depth in my academics, especially in communication classes, lots of hands similar to work in the real world, made and to continue to make life-long friends, learned how to balance life out with work, sleep, and fun activities, a better relationship with God and of course to be independent. It has been valuable because these things help me to grow logically, spiritually, physicially. More logically by learning the academics, thinking critically, and being creative. More spiritually being with christian people and studying the bible more. More physically by being active in track, hands on work like working with a video camera, and by staying busy. College life is worth is as what you put into it will come out valuablely. I had realized and I continue to do, is to put even more effort towards everything and it will be valuable to attend.

A person who loves Jesus, and wants to follow him, as it is a Christian and Missionary Alliance School. A person who enjoys a small campus, as it is not too big, but small enough to not know everyone. Should be a people person because it's easy to make a lot of friends. A person must be open to join activities to stay busy and make friends. Should know inadvanced of what areas of studies they want to be in, as there are only a few degrees to choose from. Who wants an automatic double major in Christian Studies.

The most frustrating thing about Crown College is that there are curfews of the main campus as 1am every night, and visiting hours of the opposite sex's buildings are limited. We should be able to hang with friends and on campus anytime we want.

Fred

I have found that with my college experience that college while expensive is also a very necessary tool in todays economic structure to find adequet and gain full employment. College courses may vary on difficulity from one course to the next and there are many resources to help with difficulties in your courses, from the use of a tutor to accessing online information , to student assistance in the class. I have found that communication between the student and instructor is impairitive to the success of the student if their are any questions regarding assignments. Next college is a great way to meet new people on a social aspect and it does no necessarily have to be a party time moment. I have gained alot of insight about myself as well as others while attending college, and have found that employers find continuing your education as an attribute.

Harry

I have realized through my college experience that you need education to succeed in this world. In today's world a degree means so much. Businessess look for a degree, internships, and overall experience when determining who is the best person to hire for a job. College has been valuable to me because it has kept me focused on what is important in this world, and has allowed me to focus on my future. I have learned that their is so much more that I need to learn, and I have become extremely driven to achieve a great education so that I can get a great job. Since high school has ended I attend college optionally and have realized that I enjoy being able to expand my knowledge and putting myself in a position to succeed in this world. Overall college has put me in the right frame of mind to do all that I want to do in life, and it has affected my life in ways that I could never have imagined.

Peng

As a student at Crown College, it has been a real challenge academically and spiritually. Here at Crown, through the guide and support of the professors, they have challenge me to be able to think globally, that in whatever major or field of study I'm going into, I must go global. With that in mind, after college, I plan on going into the ministry to help youth students. I find that in America today, there are so many hurting students. Hopefully by becoming a youth pastor, I can help aid, encourage and lead students in the correct way of life. Not only that, but after being in the youth ministry, I plan to go overseas to help, serve, and care for those in need. Who knows what will happen later on in life, but what matters the most is I'll go wherever God leads me.

I believe that the type of people who shouldn't attend Crown College are those who won't take their education seriously. If they are only here for sports or anything else, then they are really missing out.

I wish there were more working opportunities or even more clubs or social events.

Cheufue

The most unique thing about my school compared to others is that I see Crown Alumni's and staff who are actually making a difference in our world and within the college community. We have very Godly people who come and build up leaders showing us how to encounter the world from a unselfish but loving approach, showing Christ love. The college here gives us great oppurtunities to network and meet amazing people who has made a difference. For instance my mentor is a missionary from Cambodia, who has done planted churches and spread the gospel there.

Don't be discourage about the tuition, it's real expensive but God provides alright. Stay ontop of school work, mom and dad and your siblings are looking up to you, so you got to make it. Cheufue, you got to really believe that God called you here. Your here for a reason, even when your grades weren't the best in high school, God will make a way for you to come to Crown and make ends meet financially. Always remember that God is faithful and everyday has it's own problems to worry about. Take everyday one step at a time, by the time you know it you will be wherever God wants you to be if your hearts in it. That's why God put you here, because he placed it in your heart to love people and make a change. Keep your head up and remember to surrender your life to God and serving other people, for Christ did that for you and those who haven't heard of the good news. Look at what the other graduates before had to give up. Don't be selfish and learn to truly live life with love.

Crown is the school where pastors in the CMA Hmong district are made. Compared to the other CMA schools such as Simpson University, Nyack College, and Toccoa Falls, Crown is one of the well known schools where I've seen alot of the Hmong pastors here today actually going out and becoming pastors who are doing something and not with just a Pastoral degree. The reason why I joke about this sometimes is because I have not yet seen a good leader who has went throughout most of the U.S. Hmong churches excpet Crown College students.

Carrie

The advice that I would go back in time to give myself would be to try harder. I did not try very hard in high school, so I would definately tell myself to put forth more effort on things. I'm not under my parents' wing anymore, so I have to fend for myself in a way. I can't afford to not try. I need give my grades everything that I have, because if I don't , I wouldn't be able to come here anymore. I would say, "Carrie, college is going to be hard. Start preparing for it now and don't take the easy way out." I would also advise myself to prepare for cultural and ethnic diversity. I come from a very small town, so there is not much diversity at all. But since coming to Crown, I've noticed how many kinds of people there are, sharing my school with me. I all of a sudden have classes with people who are so unlike myself. It's very refreshing, but it was a shock. Overall, my high school years were great, but if I could go back, I would definately do some things differently.

Crown College is a very accepting place. Because it is smaller and everyone sort of knows everyone else, there is a strong sense of community. I never knew how someone could know every single person in the school at college, but here it is possible! A person could walk down the hallway and they will know 75% of the people they pass.

Brian

If I were to travel back in time to advise myself in high school, the biggest thing I would give is a warning. I would tell myself to take as many AP/Honors classes as possible to prepare for the college level work load. Plus, taking AP classes would allow for college credit to be earned before actually stepping foot on a college campus. So, I would have given myself to get ahead. This way, I would have been able to graduate earlier and get a head start on marketing myself for a job. In this difficult economy, it would be very profitable to have a year or two head start on everyone else. Graduating early would mean that I am younger than everyone that I graduate with, but still have the same amount of knowledge. This is something that I could sell to any corporation.

The best thing about Crown College is the fact that the professors actually take an interest in the students and their passions. It is easy to relate to at least one professor (probably more) about what you want to achieve in this world.

The most frustrating thing about Crown College is that it is beginning to form a business mind. That is, students are not as focused on as they used to be. It is more about making money than serving the student body.

Crown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.