Saint Bonifacius, MN
Crown College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Crown College

We are one of the only colleges in the United States that requires the Christian Studies as a major before graduating. Our college is known to develop and grow students to the best of their ability in the secular and spiritual worlds. I would consider Crown to be a large family, all working for Christ, and the Christian Studies major enhances Christians who have committed themselves to God earlier, and encourages and gives others wisdom if they are just beginning their faith walk with their Father, Yahweh.

Don't fret over what to expect. The first day of classes can be overwhelming, and it usually is for EVERY freshman college student. Don't worry, because there is help everywhere. All the upperclassmen have been in your shoes. Just let yourself go. Smile at everyone, you will make friends quickly for that smile would more than likely calm their pounding or aching heart. Leaving your family is hard, but just know that all the freshman have to do the same thing. When you receive your syllabus, don't freak out. When you get back to your dorm at the end of the day and plop in your chair by your laptop, simply make a calendar on your computer with Microsoft Publisher (at least that's what I used!) and write down each assignment on the day it's due: Capitalize EXAMS, PAPERS, PRESENTATIONS, etc. It's not going to be a problem once you organize yourself. They give you due dates ahead of time which I feel is a blessing, for you can think days ahead for exams and the like. Also, do homework in the main building and make friends! Get involved: JUMP INTO THE COLLEGE LIFE!!!!!

Crown College is for students who are serious about their own personal relationship with Christ. All students attending Crown are here for a reason. I came here to gain a strong foundation with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ so that I would be able to defend my faith better after I gain my masters in Psychology and bachelor in Christian Studies. I want to burn for God, and I want to let the world know, as all Crown students do. The Christian Studies major is mandatory to graduate so you can't evade your faith here on this campus.

Heather

Crown college provides a comfortable, supportive, enriching environment staffed with people who care about your learning experience .

First and foremost, don't quit. Stay in school despite the obstacles that will inevitably present themselves. College is hard, but it is also a valuable and wonderful experience. You will get out of it what you put into it. Having the opportunity, time and resources to complete a college education is a gift. There is no better time in your life to do this than right now. Jobs, starting a family and the other accoutrouments of adult life will be there forever, don't rush to get there. The next four of more years will be the best, hardest and possibly the most challenging of your life. Take advantage of every opportunity, use this time to learn about yourself, what you can do, what you want to do and what you believe in. Discover your place in the world and learn to trust yourself. Ask for help if you need it and don't be shy. This is a difficult transition, but there are people who want to help guide you through it. Good luck and God bless!

Great things about my school include the supportive environment, the flexibility of the professors, the relationships I have built with fellow students and the acceptance of individual personalities.

Peng

One thing that I love about Crown College is the mission statement in which it helps prepare and equip the students for the future.

Perhaps one of the biggest advice that I would give myself if I had the ability to go back in time is to take every opportunity that there is to continue in the growing process as a student.

Cory

A developing conservative Christian college that is behind the times in many respects, but is moving in the right direction by giving more power and respect to its students.

Crown gives the opportunity to get to know many people very well with its small campus size.

I would tell myself to get out and experience what I love in a setting that tests me in order to find my passions. It's so easy for a high schooler to "feel" that he or she knows what's best for him or her. I, myself, as a senior loved singing in choir, enjoyed working with those younger than myself, and "felt" that being a choir teacher would be best for me. Freshman year of college came and I immersed myself in music classes. Yes, I enjoyed it, but at the end of the year I still felt like there were life questions unanswered. The summer after, I decided to work at a camp for children and youth to experience working with young people in a new setting. I found my passion there, which is to work with children and teens in a church setting. How did I come to this realization? I experienced the rigors of youth under conditions that tested me and forced me out of my comfort zone...but it made me come alive. The joy even after the hard work made me realize it's more than a feeling--it's my passion.

Joyel

My classmates are compassionate, understanding, loving, fun, energetic, passionate, amazing, dedicated, determined, focused and motivated to succeed and make a difference in our world!

Go where your heart is leading! Listen to the advice of the people who care deeply about you. Go somewhere that youa re not a number but truly a part of this community.

Somone who cares deeply about their relationship with Christ! Any perosn who wants to be loved, supported, cared for and wants to succeed through school!

We are a small Christian College, Everyone on campus is very close to each other, and the professors genuinely care about you. We live about 45 minutes from the cities, and we have great trails, and a lake on campus that you can swim in. The classes are challenging, but there is a lot of help from professors, turors, and other students on campus. There are many activities on campus that you can be involved in, you will never be bored on campus, there is always a group of people doing something fun. Its a place to belong.

Start early! I work with 6th-8th graders in the inner city, and we just took them to 4 different colleges around the Twin Cities just to get their minds thinking about college. Also keep their minds open about different colleges, they need to figure out if they want their college in the same state, if they want a private school, if the want a state school, will it be big or small? I choose Crown because I love Minnesota, and I knew I wanted to go to a small private Christian college, and thats exactly what I got. Parents are one of the biggest tools for thier teenager. Remember to encourage your child, you want whats best for them, but you do not want to choose for them, because this will be one of their first big decisions that they will make on their own. When you get to school, meet as many people as possible, the college will have something called "Welcome Weekend" and that is where you will meet all of the imcoming freshman. Be yourself, and remember you are in school, it might seem like just fun and games at first, but work hard.

Nothing at Crown took me by surprise, my freshman year was better than I could ever imagine. I grew spiritually, and intellectually. I learned so much about myself this year. I am looking forward to seeing what God and what Crown has in store for the new Freshman coming in, they are going to have a great year. Just enjoy it!

Jeff

Crown College is best known for their passion for God and teaching the Bible effectively and truthfully. Crown is religiously affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination, therefore basing most of their programs of studies on Christianity. Making that their number one priority that is what they are best known for.

There are a few important things one must understand in choosing the right college. The first is that one must look toward the future of what one is trying to accomplish. Do not be pressured to find a college right away. Take your time even if it means taking a semester or two off. Not only will this relieve stress off the future student, but also provide time to prepare the funding necessary to attend college. The second important thing is a college's education and expense. It is important to know the atmosphere and culture of the campus that you will one day be attending. College visits are important for both the parents and future student. Along with the campus and education of the college is the cost of the educational institution. The reason being is if one is ill informed of the high cost of college when it is time to pay off loans it can make one question all of one's choices from the college one had attended to major and all the inbetween. No matter where one goes they will receive a college experience, it is up to you to make the most of it.

The most frustrating thing at Crown College is being under educated to the severity of debt that can accumulate over 4 years. Crown's tuition is at average per student $26,000 per year. There is not nearly enough counseling and teaching on debt beforehand and during student learning at Crown to prepare one for the total cost of what one will be paying upon graduation.

Leah

Most are pretty cheerful and hardworking students. They take their school work seriously and are driven but are always up for some fun. There is a willingness for new experiences throughout the school. The thing I most appreciate is the genuiness of the people at this school.

This is a Christian school. Besides being serious about the schoolwork, people are serious about their faith. Once again, I love the genuiness found in this. Another unique thing about Crown is that is a smaller school than most. Because of this, there is a friendly and closer environment between students and with professors.

The best advice that I can give to anyone of any age looking for a college is to look for a place where you feel comfortable. The people need to be friendly, the professors need to truly care, and the campus as a whole needs to be livable. If you are not comfortable with your surroundings you will not be able to do your best on your work. It was such a comfort to have good classes where I can actually learn, good resources to draw from, and a good student life program. However, while you want to find somewhere comfortable, look for a place where you will be stretched as well. Find a strong program that you can get the best out of and professors who make you think beyond what you already know. After all, this is training for life.

Nick

Crown College is a great experience where you will enjoy the benefit of a good education with professors and coaches that care and put you first; the bond you make with your fellow students is so great and unlike any other experience, these are the people you will keep in touch with the rest of your life.

My first advice to parents and/or students when finding the right college is to first consider the school's mission and priorities. Ask yourself: What this school's highest value? Is it acedemics? Religion? Athletics? etc. Weigh in these values. Your personal values and priorities should match your schools values and priorities. In other words, be what your school is about. Second , consider the environement in which the school is located in. The college you choose is going to be your home for the next four years or more. Consider the fact that it is highly unlikely that you'll spend all of your spare time on campus. Therefore, consider the city in which the school is located; what does this city have to offer you and how does it benefit your interests. If you have considers these two things and still haven't come to a decision, then you should consider school facilities such as dorms, dining, labs, and library. Lastly, consider financial. This obviously benefits you in a huge way and the subject is innevitable in every situation. Besides, if you are what the school is about, the school will more than likely help pay your way.

The worst thing is the food. The meal plan can be more flexible and more time and effort could be put forth in the food preperation itself.

Crown College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.