Cuesta College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Cuesta College

brandi

Cuesta is a great school if you’re figuring out what major you want to be focusing on, or are needing to save some money while taking general education classes. The teachers are AMAZING! I’ve loved all of my teachers, who are caring, intelligent and understanding.

Cuesta is a great place to be no matter your age. Whether a first year, a 30 year old veteran, or a single mom taking night classes, it is very easy to succeed here. Cuesta even makes life for athletes very obtainable, I would know.They really make sure that we are able to thrive as athletes and still have time to do our studies. The professors genuinely care about the students in a way I don't think you find at a lot of other schools. This is probably due to the small class size which is perfect for 1 on 1 time but also good for creating close friendly relationships with peers. Most of the students are very laid back and have that "beachy" vibe. If you love the beach this is the perfect school for you. Located in the outskirts of San Luis Obispo, it is a short 10 minute drive to downtown SLO or Morro Bay if you like to surf or listen to seals scream at you. Overall, college is made easy here. I genuinely feel like a more knowledgeable individual attending this school, and I wouldn't trade my two and a half years here for anything.

Shannon

Cuesta College is the ideal community college. It sets the tone for how other community college should be: small classroom sizes, great faculty, small campus, diverse population, and wonderful campus events. Cuesta is located in San Luis Obispo. It is land locked in an oasis of serene rolling green hills heaven. This is ideal for students who have a struggle staying focused, you are land locked on campus and have to drive at least 10 minutes to get to any store or shopping center. And once you are landlocked you realize that there is so much to explore and there are so many resources for you to truly succeed on a mental, emotional, physical and academic level. You not only become a strong student, but a strong person. The most phenomenal counselors, tutors, and staff work here. They push you hard, but behind their push they want to see you succeed. And there many wonderful campus events and fairs that go on during the school year: career fairs, college fairs, club rush, and student life. In addition there is a great college admissions staff, career counseling staff, and mental health counselors. The professors I have had at this schools have the best professors I have had at any school. But I would warn any student that STEM majors are the predominant majors and arts majors are a little bit less developed and funded. Regardless, I have felt like each of the faculty in academia helped me become the best version I could be. And not only have the staff been phenomenal, I have felt so welcomed by the people I have met here. With only a handful of students on campus, you really live in a small town, college town. I feel like people were more down to earth and were not caught up in the superficial culture of Hollywood, but rather taking the time to actually get to know who you are on a deep level. I wish anyone the best of luck to any one who gets the privilege of going to this school.

Trey

Friends? Academics? Food? Beautiful environment? Cuesta College in San Luis Obispo, California has this and offers great student services. The counselors as well as staff are truly helpful and regularly traverse the school. Located near California Polytechnic School of San Luis Obispo, Cuesta College is a great place to meet every scope of person.

Jose

Cuesta College is an incredible institution and I am glad to have taken the opportunity to attend. Most of the teachers, past and present, that taught my courses were incredible and made the classes worthwhile. The campus is very nice and the weather brightens your day. The students there are some of the coolest people I have ever met. They understand the struggle because we are all living the struggle. We know that we are in this together. Cuesta College is laidback and really lets you decide what you want to do with your life. The peaceful campus allows you to sink into your thoughts and sort yourself out. There are lots of pathways that can be discovered through Cuesta. I am happy to be at Cuesta because I am also not drowning myself in debt like lots of hopeless college students. Overall, Cuesta College is an excellent step towards reaching your potential and reaching your life goals.

Cynthia

Cuesta College is a great place to learn. It is a very friendly environment. The instructors always go out of their way to help the students, sometimes even on their own time. It is a very safe and quiet campus. Classes are normally 24-30 students which is nice because we all get to know each other and this allows the professor to have time with each of us.

Student

Cuesta College is a good school, but the transfer rate isn't that high. The class sizes are great, and the staff is laid-back and easy to get along with. The location isn't ideal. It's on a highway kind of far from the convenience of stores and food.

Jamie

It’s a great community college which had improved a lot since I started in 2010. I returned in 2014 and found a lot of suppprt when I seeked it out. Teachers are easily accessible. My cuesta can be a little confusing at first but with time you get used to it. Great nursing program!

Carly

Cuesta is an excellent school. I have amazing teachers who take the time to care about each student, there is free tutoring, easy transportation, I take the bus every where. It is in a great area with a lot of fun activities to do. I plan on transferring to Cal Poly with an AA in biology.

Kailee

It is a great school to prepare you for your future, whether that be a university or career. The staff cares about you they want us safe and want to see us succeed. It is a welcoming community. It is highly encouraged for each student to get involved in the school.

Mac

I have enjoyed my time at Cuesta College. I feel that I am able to develop good relationships with my instructors and fellow students in order to really grasp the material. Classes are long and rigorous, but good instruction and engaging coursework makes it easy to learn.

Jody

Cuesta College is an incredible college. Every professor is dedicated to the students as well as the curriculum. The staff is very dedicated to student success as well as student achievement. I experienced a lot of personal growth through learning at Cuesta. I had my beliefs intellectually challenged, which is exactly what I believe college should do for young minds. Cuesta College helped me become a more successful person, student and citizen.

Pretty much what I expected—a place to go to get my general education requirements done. I wake up, go to class, go home. Classes aren't hard. In a beautiful area—San Luis Obispo—but a bit farther from downtown. Free for the first two years for SLO county, so I can't complain.

Amber

It is a great community college! I am lucky to live close to this college.

Landon

Cuesta College is a wonderful community college for the price that gets you ready to transfer and study at the university level. The classrooms are up to date with excellent technology that will assist in learning. All staff members are very polite and helpful as well as professors.

maria E

In my opinion this school is very good. It has a lot of professional individuals, there is help and orientation. People are always willing to help with a smile on their face. I have no complains and you can go on line to rate your professor and find out the best professors to take classes which i think is very important.

Monica

I love going to Cuesta. Everything ya easy to find and everyone is extra helpful