Vineland, NJ

Nearby Shops and Services

Shawnna
Not Bad for a Community College

Not Bad for a Community College

The college really isn't too bad. The surrounding area isn't the greatest. Although, there are plenty of food choices and a mall. Public transportation is great, drops you off practically at the door. The cafeteria food is pretty good, but the cafeteria itself is on the small side. The professors, for the most part, are all really nice. I've yet to run into one who wasn't, and I've been here for two years. The campus is always clean, and well maintained. The list of majors I feel is lacking, but it is a community college.

Janae

Cumberland County College is best known for their committment from professors who care. CCC is known for its professors who are more than willing to help you learn so that what you learn sticks with you forever. The professors teach valuable knowledge that will help when in the field of work.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would have told myself one thing, "knowledge is power, because he who knows has the power." Knowing what I know now about college I would have done more in high school to prepare myself. I would tell myself to take all the oppurtunities while I have many chances because college life does not give you second chances. I would have pushed myself to take harder courses and challenged myself in a intellectual and personal way because the risk of making bad choices in college have far greater expenses. In college everything is competitive, and the more knowledge you have the more prepared you are. I would have told myself this after every bad grade i made to ensure I would try harder next time. I would have told myself this after every bad choice i made so I would learn from it and used it as experience to know what to do next time. In college their is no room for mistakes or failing grades every grade and choice counts. The more knowledge you have about yourself and your studies the farther you can soar.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend Cumberland County College is anyone who does not want a bright future. This college is not for a person who is afraid of achievement or personal growth. Cumberland County College is not for a person who does not want to build friendships, earn an rewarding education,or gain knowledge from caring professors. This college is not for anyone who lacks self discovery or is not willing to try their best to succeed and take the oppurtunities available.

nezire

Easy way to earn your 64/67 credits without spending a fortune on 4 year schools.

My classmates are very laid back and studious kids.

One of the biggest things was that i was not used to having to do everything on my own. In highschool teachers push you to your best ability but in college you push yourself to your best abiity. Every choice you make goes against you. if i could go back to my senior yeard I would have researched more about what i wanted to do.

Brianna

I find what's unique about Cumberland County College is that it is a two year community college, but has 4,000 students attending. Many community colleges are much smaller and I believe that by going to school with that many students it will make the transfer process easier. It will be easier because I will not be completely thrown into a new siutation with thousands of students. Cumberland County College is already bigger than some four year schools so it will be an easier process when it is time to tranfer out.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have told myself to go away to a four year school. Staying at home has been nice the past two years but I feel as though I am not as independent as I should be. If I had gone away I would be on my own to make my own decisions. Also, by staying at home the past two years I am now finding out transferring is not as easy as I thought it would be. If I could tell myself to go away to school because the classes would not transfer, therefore prolonging my time seeking a bachelor's degree, I would surely do it. As a high school senior one does not realize the importance of the decision between going to a two year or four year school. As a high school senior I was on the fence about going away, and if I could go back and tell myself to go away, I would do it in a heart beat.

Before I had come to Cumberland County College I wish that I had known not many of my classes would transfer when it is time to graduate. As I am preparing to graduate, some of my classes are not transferring to four year schools which means I will have to re-take them there. That is unfortunately going to make my education process take longer and cost more money.

Toshiko

If I were a high school senior, I would have a lot to tell myself about the college life. I go to my alma mater every year and do this. I would talk about how important it is to take advantage of the free education that is offered in public schools. College isn't free unless you have a scholarship or financial aid to cover costs. When you do have aid to help cover costs, you have to work hard for it, it's not an easy job. It is important to apply to at least five colleges so that you can have more than one opttion. Obtaining the grades throughout your high school career and being involved in activities is critical to your college career. College is not like high school, you are around people that have the same goals as you, and that is to get their degree and be successful with it.

The best thing about CCC are the student to professor ratios. The classes are not too big so that you can get the attention that you need from the professor. I love the class sizes at CCC because it gives myself and other students the opportunity to have a one on one relationship with the professors in the classroom.

The most frustrating thing about CCC is the availability of the business classes. Most of the classes are either offered in the day or in the evening. I have a full time job and I have to keep changing my availability at work to accomodate my claases.

Christopher

The college I am attending is a small community college, but offers great opportunities for those who attend.

If I could go back in time to my senior year in high school i would probably tell myself to work a little harder in my classes. The transition was not difficult for me just wish my GPA was a little higher in high school to qualify for NJ STARS. Other than that, the only advice i would give myself would be to ask more questions on how to properly cite references in a research paper.

I wish I would have known a little more about English and how to write research papers properly to help in college.

Gisela

Relaxed atmosphere where the teachers do their best to help you succeed.

Relaxed atmosphere where the teachers do their best to help you succeed.

Diversity in the student body.

When I was a senior in high school, my perspective on life was different. I thought that my friends were always going to be there for me and in order to "keep" them I had to down-play my smarts. I was completely wrong. What I learned in the years following High School was that, in order to succeed, I need to be able to depend on myself and not others. I can trust that people will fail me, whether intentional or not. I, however, can only fail myself if I don?t push for success. If I could go back, I would do everything possible to talk to the old me and make sure I learned that. Of course, my life would be different and maybe I would have completed school by now.

Staci

What is different about Cumberland County College compaired to the other schools I considered would be the size. All the other schools I was thinking about were universities. I choses to stay home with my family ad just go to the smaller community college.

I would giev myself the advise to do what is in you heart and not let other people pick it for you. This is because when iw as a senior in highschool, I really had the ambition to go away to school. I wanted the expericence of going away, living on your own, and meeting new people. Instead of this I stayed home and I am now attending our county's community college. I decied to just tay home because I got scared. I was afraid to leave everything that I was soo comfortable with. Looking back at it now I wish I would have taken the chance and went away to school to get the experence.

When I tell friends about my school I mostly brag about how small the classes are. This is becasue when I talk to most of my friends who went away to bigger colleges they say that there are hundereds of people in their classes. I feel that classes need to be smaller so the professer can try ad help each student.

Karen

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself how hard it would be to go right out of high school and join the work force. I don't regret my decision but I know that I picked a very hard and bumpy road to navigate. I would stress the importance of going to college and getting a good education before trying to go after the job and house. I would tell myself to enjoy the rest of my youth but to remember that all of my actions and choices will stay with me forever and I cannot run from my past. I would tell myself to enjoy my mother and respect her because a few short years after she would be gone forever and those times we argued and didn't get along would haunt me for the rest of my life. I would tell myself that God love me and has a plan for me, I just have to make it through the tough times. I know I have come a long way from where I started in 2002 as a senior and I cherish every lesson.

I wish I knew more about financial aid and scholarships. I researched going to Cumberland County College before I returned to school after being out school for five years. I knew that this was where I wanted to restart my education.

There are many different types of people that should attend Cumberland County College. Those who are just comming back after being our of school for a number of years have the ability to easy back into courses. Also, people right out of high school who are looking to get their general education courses at a lower rate then a four year univeristy. Another type of person that county college is best for is the undecided major. Count College allows you to persue various options at a lower cost.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.