New York, NY
CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

Vicky

I absolutely LOVE baruch college, it's like home to me! There is a big annoying burocrasy, I'll have to admit.... but it's cool....

The most diversed school nation wide.... THAT IS FOR REAL!

Believe me, Professors DO know who you are and what u do in class....

Bobby

The best thing about Baruch College is the array of resources it offers for students to have a success college career and future career. The only thing I would change about the school is the elevator system. It's always crowded. The solution would be to make classes start and end at different times instead of having blocks. Also, Baruch's academic requirements are too rigid and don't allow room for extracurricular electives. The school's size is a bit small, but I like it. People react favorably when i say I go to Baruch. Everyone thinks it's a great business school and you get the best bang for your buck. I spend most of my time in the Marketing Resource Lab, because I work there. I think the students lack school pride because they don't spend as much time on campus and they would if this was not a commuter school. The experience I'll always remember is participating in the advertising competition. Most students complain about the elevators.

This school is very diverse. I don't think any student would feel out of place. Most students wear jeans and a t-shirt. Different types of students interact, especially with group projects.

No because I have met some biology majors.

Most of my professors know my name. The only way they don't is if it's a lecture hall with 300 students. I've had many favorite classes in my Baruch College career. Two that were amongst my most favorite were Management 3121 (because Prof. Milheiser is awesome) and MKT 5151. My least favorite class was Management 3120 because the professor was horribly mean. Students study at least 3-4 hours a day. Class participation is common, especially in small class rooms. Baruch students have very intellectual conversations outside of class and they're very competitive as well. The most unique class I've taken is the advertising competition class. I'm a marketing major, concentrating in advertising. I spend time with my advertising class professor outside of class because I have to coordinate the club with him, since I'm president. Baruch's academic requirements are too rigid and don't allow room for extracurricular electives, which is something I don't like. Education at Baruch is geared toward getting a job, which is very important.

Hillel is probably the most popular club on campus. I'm involved in the advertising society and organize networking events. There are no dorms in Baruch. Athletic events are not popular at all. Guest speaker events are very popular. Theater events are somewhat popular. Dating scene? Most people are in relationships. I've known my closest friends since junior high school. 2 am on a Tuesday, I would be with my boyfriend. I usually go to sleep at 2 am though. Events each year: marketing expo (the one I care about). People party on weekends. Frats and sororities are not that popular at Baruch. Last weekend I went to the movies with my boyfriend. On a Saturday night, I go to the movies, go to dinner, play billiards, go bowling, or stay in. Off campus, I spend time with my boyfriend.

Everyone's an accounting, finance or marketing major.

Jamie

Best thing about Baruch is that a lot of the students are in a similar disposition as yourself. Most students are striving to achieve the same thing and come from the same backgrounds, so all of us help each other out. One thing I'd like to see changed is the size of campus. School is too small. Most people just think of money when they hear that I'm from Baruch. I spend most of my time in the "lounge" areas or computer labs. It isn't really a college town here. Baruch's administration is pretty decent. Occasionally they'll stiff you though. No controversies come to mind. There is only school pride with the athletic clubs. We share a building with high school students which is pretty unusual. No particular memories. Most frequent complaint is the escalators/elevators not working and numerous classes being filled up when most students require them.

I've only had an experience with a religious student at Baruch and he tried to convert me to his religion. That's fine but he did waste some study time. No student would really feel out of place. Most students will either wear their work clothes or regular street clothes. Most students interact with each other. One table of students would have people doing homework for a class. Table 2 would have students just relaxing for lunch before their next classes. Table 3 would have a group of students playing poker. Table 4 would have students studying for class. Most Baruch students are from the city or it's other boroughs. Most students come from a middle-class financial background to a low-class financial background. Occasionally you'll run into the high-class financial background student. Most students are not politically active but they are aware of how things are in the country. Most students are center-right. Some students discuss how much they'll earn but it's more focused on what job they'll have rather than how much they'll earn.

For the occasional student here and there, it is accurate, but for the majority, it is not.

Professors rarely know my name. My favorite class would probably be my Options class. While the material and pace was extremely difficult, I felt I learned quite a bit from it. My least favorite class was my Literature class. The teacher asked for our opinion on particular short stories we were required to read, however, everyone's opinion was wrong unless it agreed with the teacher's opinion. Most students study 1-2 weeks before an exam. Class participation depends on the class, teacher, and class size. Most of the time however, you see only a handful of students doing the bulk of the answering. Students will have an intellectual conversation outside of class if their majors are related. Most students are competitive in the sense of wanting their grades high. For team projects where most of the students know each other, most of them will help eac other out. The most unique class I've had is my Business Policy class. This class provided a much more hands on approach rather than a textbook approach. My major is finance. I do not spend time outside of class with professors. I think Baruch's requirements are standard for a commuter school. Baruch's education is more geared towards theoretical rather than hands-on based. Rarely do they have a combination of both. So I'd say it's geared toward learning for its own sake.

Most popular clubs are the accounting and finance clubs. I was involved with the Investment Association which dealt with macroeconomic subjects and companies we were interested in. We do not have dorms. Athletic events aren't very popular. Only students with friends on the team will attend. Depending on the guest speaker, it might be popular. Primarily financial speakers from big companies will have a large audience. There are not many stage productions that I am aware of at Baruch. Most students date people they've known before Baruch. You'll see the Baruch only couples sometimes though. I met my closest friends through work and we found out we attend the same school. If I'm awake, I'm doing work. The spring fling is held annually. Most people party every weekend with the frats and sororities organizing events for most weekends. Frats and sororities play a relatively minor role on campus except during rush. On a Saturday night, you can check a movie, have dinner, bowl, pool, and many other events.

Some stereotypes are that we're all uptight suits and think about money all the time.

Roger

The best thing about Baruch is that it is in the city. one thing I would change would be the hiring of the professors. School is too small. People don't really have much of a reaction when I tell them I go to Baruch. I spend most of my time in class. What college town? Baruch administration doesn't seem to be respectable because many students seem to get into the school easily. Biggest controversy is the new Baruch e-mail! Not much school pride. Nothing unusual about Baruch. One experience I'll always remember is the easy A. Most frequent student complaints is the professor's credibility in teaching.

I have no experiences with the groups on campus.

Rarely do professors know my name. Favorite class was Biology. Least favorite was music. Study about 1 hour. Class participation isn't common.

The most popular group on campus, I suppose, would be frats and sororities.

Introverted, Smart, Book smart, accounting, diverse, primarily Asian's

Jesse

Best thing about Baruch is that it is located in NYC. One thing I would change... ON-CAMPUS HOUSING, PLEASE. This would make Baruch seem more like a college, have some sort of campus life. Many people complain that it just still feels like high school because of this. You don't hang out with people you are with all the time in school, simply because everyone lives so far away. When I tell people I go to Baruch this is how it goes: Me: I go to Baruch. B: Where? Never heard of that. Me: Oh, its a college in New York. B: Oh.. Where do I spend my most time on campus..hmm. I dont. Its boring, and there isnt much of a campus anyway. Its a building with 14 floors. There is absolutely NO SCHOOL PRIDE. Most frequent student complaints: WE NEED DORMS!!!

Very diverse. Mostly Chinese and Indians. 99.999999% of students have lived in New York throughout high school. Even the foreign students. No out of state kids. I've met like two, including myself. Students wear normal clothes to school, but you can tell the difference between how an NYU student would dress/act compared to Baruch students. To be honest, we look very street-like. Whereas places like NYU, look more clean-cut. Students are definitely not politically aware. I was trying to find someone to take with me to the Barack Obama rally, and everyone I asked was, "Obama, who?!" Shame.

My professors do know my name, well most of them do. Favorite class, I don't really have one. Least favorite, MATH. I feel the math professors are not very good. I had a guy I could barely understand because of his heavy accent. Now, I have a small Asian woman who doesn't seem very confident with her own solutions, and makes MANY mistakes. I do not spend time with professors outside of class. Baruch's education is more geared toward getting a job, I think.

No dorms (commuter school) = No social life. The end. People sit at home on weekends, or hang out with high school friends. For out of state students like me, the weekend can really be a bore. No need to worry about drinking on Saturday nights, Baruch has no party scene.

Stereotypes about Baruch & students.. well, to me, when I mention Baruch, other people are just like.. Baruch? Where is that?

Carlos

The best thing about Baruch is that if you get involved you will fall involve with it. There is so much to do here, so many opportunities, such a great atmosphere.

About Baruch as a whole somewhat, since the school has a business oriented atmosphere. About the students, completely inaccurate, I have seen people excel in national competition defeating IVY schools in accounting, Finance, and Leader abilities.

The most important events at Baruch are the Fashion shows, Cultural Shows, and the Anual Relay for Life (cancer society) event. In terms of Athletics, there is the annual Battle of Lexington, where the two Lexington schools, (Baruch & Hunter) play Women's and Men's Basketball. The whole schools gets together and is a very exciting thing.

Stereotype about Baruch Is all about business. Stereotype about Baruch Students is that they aren't as smart as other top business schools, especially NYU's. The fact is almost half of my classmates received offers from other schools including NYU but didn't think the their education level was worth the tuition.

Irene

The best thing about college is the fact that it opens you up to new experiences. In high school, I never thought I would take a TV production class or a Latin Studies class. Baruch is a very large commuter school in midtown Manhattan. Our campus was “the city”, which sounds way more appealing than it is. There was barely any room to sit or study inside. If you wanted to eat lunch on one of the concrete benches outside, you breathed in car exhaust. On the plus side, I would have never gotten the chance to intern at giant media firms if I attended a school with a suburban campus. One thing I would change about my school is the lack of social space for students. We had one small lunch room for 15,000 kids, and another tiny seating space. Come on, the administration should have taken one conference room on the upper floors and made it into a hangout area. Also, I really wanted to join a sorority, but all of them were either all-Latina or all-Asian. Now I have plenty of friends in all cultural groups, but I would have liked to see more diverse sororities. The school is way too overcrowded. When I entered as a freshman, you could still fit in the first elevator. Now, during peak hours (11 – 5), you have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd elevator or walk (yes I said walk) up the escalators that always stop working. The main building is brand-new, but everything breaks all the time. The walls in the classrooms are sterile while, and the science building on 23rd street looks like a run-down high school. Most of my time on campus was spent in the library studying or hanging out in the lunch room. Since this is a commuter school, there isn’t much space to hang out with friends. The college administration at Baruch is extremely unhelpful. Whenever I had a question about student loans or financial aid, I had to stand on a line that stretched around the corner. I was then greeted by a sullen-faced employee who gave me a vague response. The guidance counselors are a joke. One actually told me I had to take an Excel exit exam in order to graduate. Now, I hate Excel and spent hours practicing on the computer. I even bought a CD. Then I decided to double-check with the dean, who told me I didn’t need to take the exam at all. Regarding school spirit, Baruch students are either very interested in clubs and activities, or are like me – go to class, get the work done, and concentrate on life outside of school. Most people worked part-time, so classes were a way to advance in the workplace. Of course, the same students you saw hanging out smoking after every class were the ones who spent hours playing cards in the cafeteria (there was actually a Russian card playing club). There were some legitimate clubs that organized every week. The fashion club, the yearbook, Hillel, and a few sororities come to mind. Interestingly, I always saw a lot more fliers for sorority events than fraternity events. There was NEVER any space in the computer lab, especially in my senior year. If you wanted to print, good luck. You had to literally stand around like a hawk and hunt for an open computer. The school was fine when I was a freshman, but the administration packed in students like sardines toward my graduation.

The college is very diverse. Unfortunately, most racial and cultural groups stick together. The largest groups are Russians, Indians and Asians. No one would really feel out of place, unless they are the stereotypical frat boys who crush beer cans on their heads. Like I previously mentioned, there is not much Greek life at Baruch. Most students work and fall into the “middle class.” Students typically wear jeans and trendy shirts to class. Designer purses (Canal street isn’t too far away) are popular with the girls. Four table sin the college cafeteria would sit: 1) A Russian group of students playing cards and talking about a lounge party in Brooklyn 2) A group of cute Asian girls chatting and laughing 3) A diverse group studying and comparing notes 9yes, this is about the only time that different cultural groups come together) 4) A group of about 10 loud freshmen talking about a professor in an unflattering manner. Students aren’t active in campus politics. I only saw a few fliers advertising a college Democrats meeting. Most students are too busy worrying about getting all their required classes and going to work the next morning to be concerned with extracurricular activities. Baruch hasn’t changed me at all. I viewed school as a job that I had to commute to a total of 3 hours a day to.

Baruch is a great school if you want to graduate with no / minimal loans and get great work experience. On the other hand, you will be sacrificing dorm life and the true college experience. It has a great reputation as a business school, and most alums get great jobs after graduation. However, don’t be afraid to explore the smaller department which often have amazing professors.

Yes, although the school was voted one of the most diverse in the country, there is not much interaction between different groups of students outside of class. Baruch students are there because they want to make a lot of money and graduate sans debt, but a lot of them aren't happy with their careers. Once the semester is over, students don't keep up their friendships because there are no dorms and no real campus to bond in.

Professors in the smaller departments (Anthropology, journalism, English. ethnic studies) know your name and are very helpful. In core-curriculum classes like science, business, psychology, you can sleep through the class and no one would notice. I entered Baruch because of its renowned business program, but all the marketing and business classes were held in giant 500-person lecture halls. The professors made you buy a really expensive book that they would use only minimally. When it came time to sell the book back, the bookstore would tell you that there is a new edition out (can’t sell it back) or would offer you just enough cash for a few beers. Although less known , Baruch has an amazing psychology and English department. Generally, all social science and art professors are really nice and will work with you after class. My favorite courses at Baruch were Abnormal Psychology and Feature Article Writing. Definitely check out RateMyProfessor.com before registering, the reviews are accurate. Sadly, as a freshman and sophomore you don’t have much of a choice, because classes fill up in a matter of minutes, and juniors and seniors are given priority. Baruch has a 2-year core curriculum, which was great for me because I wasn’t sure what exactly I wanted to do. If you’re not a business student, you have to take just one math (Pre-cal) class. However, you have to take two semesters of a foreign language and an extra class in humanities. This could be a pain, but looking back I’m happy that I took the subjects. The great thing about Baruch is that they have accelerated summer sessions, where you can really load up on courses. Most Baruch students who don’t take summer classes usually graduate in 5-6 years (because classes are always full). Summer sessions are great because a lot of the m are taught by laid-back TA’s and the school is pretty empty. I definitely recommend them. There is also an extremely accelerated winter intercession course where you can take 1-2 4 hour classes a day. The journalism department at Baruch is very small, which was great for me because I really got to know my professors. Classes are usually taught in small computer labs (where most students sit online instead of doing work.) Honestly, the journalism curriculum is easy. I did all my assignments last-minute and got A’s or A- ‘s . The catch is that you have to take a million Lit classes as a J major, and that’s where you really feel the writing load. There are plenty of electives to choose from in the department, with great professors who teach in Columbia and NYU. Really, you’re getting the same education for a fraction of the price. Of course, there are 1 or 2 lethargic professors who ramble on and on about themselves, but the passionate ones really make up for it. Baruch is very competitive, and everyone is trying to get internships and jobs right after they graduate. Everyone is required to take at least one internship class. Every week, the career center holds conferences with major company heads and other networking opportunities. However, these are mostly business-oriented. The career center has very few opportunities for English, journalism, science and psychology majors. Baruch is a business school, and those who choose a different major have to help themselves.

The most popular clubs would be the cultural ones – the Asian club, Hillel, the fashion club and some business-oriented societies. Athletics aren’t really central to campus life, not many students go to games unless their friends play. The same applies to campus theater. Students make plenty of friends in class, but seldom stay friends once the class is over. People rarely meet their boyfriend / girlfriend in school, but it happens sometimes. There are some annual events, like the outdoor feast that happens in the spring and the bi-annual career fair that’s actually really helpful. There is always some kind of activity (like a Mariachi band) on the 2nd floor by the escalators, which causes people traffic. The frats / sororities usually hold parties in outside bars or lounges since there is no campus housing. Typically, if a group of students has a two-hour break between classes, the go to a neighborhood bar or go to one of the nearby fast-food places, cafes or restaurants. Therefore, students end up spending tons of money on food. On a typical weekend, if students DO decide to get together, they hit up the NYC nightlife scene. There’s a ton to do, even if you’re under 21.

Baruch students are there because they are money-hungry business majors who are unhappy after graduation in accounting and finance jobs. Baruch students tend to hang out with their own race. Most students are middle class and work part time. It's hard to maintain friendships once the semester is over.

Owen

The best thing about Baruch is the opportunities it provides. We have an excellent career center that helps students find jobs and internships. This secures your future to know you have people helping you gain experience with something relating to your major. In addition, we also have a tutoring service, a writing center, mock interviews, resume reviews, etc. that are useful for students. Baruch is a satisfying size in my opinion because I would not be happy with a small school where everyone knows each other. I like the feeling that you can meet someone new almost everyday. When I tell people I go to Baruch, they immediately link it with business and my friend from Cornell even told me she heard that the prestige for Baruch is becoming better. There are not that many buildings for Baruch because there are the 23rd building which is also the same building the high school is in, the Vertical Campus (VC) building of fourteen floors that consists of a majority of classes and activities, and the library building across from the VC. Baruch is not exactly a town because it is located in Manhattan, the mid-town areas of 25th street and Lexington Avenue. People come and go and remain in a rush just like the rest of New York City residents because people seem to be living in a fast-paced world which is also witnessed at Baruch of people running to their next class or appointments. A big complaint at Baruch would be in the VC when you have to rush to class. Make sure you have at least 15 minutes to spare if your class is on the 11th floor or higher unless you plan to run up/down the stairs (which you might have to because the main elevators only stop on the 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 11th floor) because it is really crowded as we have to wait for elevators and people are jam-packed, squeezing their way just to fit in an elevator. Moreover, our escalators are frequently broken causing a traffic jam of people.

Many students in Baruch tend to have English as their second language. For me, coming from Poughkeepsie being one of the few minorities in my high school, it is wonderful to see the vast diversity of students in our college. As I mentioned earlier, many students tend to dress “business casual” with dress pants, a blouse, etc. or even suits if they are coming from work/interview. There’s also a mixture of styles in Baruch from just the hoodies and jeans to cute skirts, heels, leggings, and more. It is New York City, so people have their own fashion style and I love it because I remember when I visited friends at SUNY Albany, most students just wear their PJs to class or hoodie and jeans while I was there wearing a skirt and leggings definitely appearing as a visitor. In my Literature class, my professor made everyone tells the class where they are from and it is amazing to hear all the different countries and their stories of how and when they moved to the U.S. Furthermore, classes may range from 7:50am to 10pm at night and night classes are usually when you see adults in their thirties or older coming back to school for class. It is interesting to see that and I think it is a great opportunity that is provided from New York City colleges such as Baruch. Lastly, students do talk about what they make because money is a significant factor for our future lives. Though, it is usually sophomores or upperclassmen who tend to talk more about what they make because they were the ones closer to their career

As a business school, many people do dress ?business casual? or even come to class straight from work or an interview. My friend who went to the School of Visual Arts (SVA), which is right next to Baruch?s Vertical Campus, told me that Baruch students have style and that SVA students dress more artsy and different in a distinct way. I think a lot of people who have known each other since high school or from freshmen year at Baruch stay in their circle of friends and as people become sophomores, juniors, and seniors they do not care to meet new people at Baruch especially since Baruch is a commuter school. Students are not forced or as willing to open up and meet others compared to colleges with dorms, but besides classes there are also many clubs at Baruch to join and other activities to engage in to meet more people.

The classes at Baruch vary from large lecture classes that fit about 500 students, medium-sized ones with an estimated 100 students, or ones that may consist of 18. For the largest lecture classes of 300 to 500 students, such as business or accounting classes, recitation classes are required which are for the same class, but with less people in it. These recitation classes are aimed to assist students with more attention and time to understand the material. In my opinion, professors at Baruch will know your name if you want them to by participating or speaking to them often. In addition, Baruch has a system they call “Learning Community” that is open for freshmen in order to help students feel more welcome as it is their first semester in college. It is optional to be in a learning community because other students may enjoy having a mix of people in their classes rather than being limited to the same people everyday due to being assigned every class together, so it varies for each individual. As for me, I was part of a Learning Community (LC 17) with about eighteen students in the group because I wanted to see how I liked it. While others knew people from high school around the city whom also attend Baruch, I did not know anyone in my college since I came from Arlington High School located in LaGrangeville, NY. Overall, the benefits of a learning community is that we were assigned a peer mentor who is also a Baruch student to help us with any questions, we all went out for dinner (including the students, peer mentor, and professors) and also planned other events under Baruch expenses. My major is marketing and I plan to minor in Graphic Design. Currently, as a sophomore I have finished all of the Pre-Business requirements (Accountancy, Computer Information System, Economics, English, Law, Math, Communication, and Statistics) in order to apply for our Zicklin School of Business. Luckily, a friend advised me to take these classes before the classes required for graduation (Philosophy, History, Sciences, etc.) because it is best to get into Zicklin School of Business as soon as possible in order to start taking business classes immediately. Since it is a business school, I think it can be pretty competitive here. Students often ask each other and compare GPAs or only talk to you in class for homework help. This does not bother me because I am happy at Baruch College and believe our academic requirements are fair enough because the education from the classes of your major can help a lot.

There is a countless amount of clubs at Baruch that if you name it, we probably have it and if not, you can easily make your own club here. The Ticker is definitely a main club at Baruch because it is the school’s newspaper club and they do an amazing job and we even have color ink paper. The one club that I decided to be involved in is Baruch City Advertising Society (BCAS) because I am marketing major and advertising relates to my interests. The club includes attending lectures where we have professionals speak to us about their career, networking opportunities, meeting more people interested in the same major, etc. There is not much of a campus at Baruch because we do not have dorms here, but we have had parties within our school. Though, it is New York City, so people can easily find other places to attend parties as there are numerous choices to select. If you are not a big fan of parties, New York City has almost everything from bowling, museums, billiards, shopping, movies, parks, etc.

Students have a business look and many have their own little clique of friends within their own races.

Alan

- The best thing about Baruch is definitely the number of activities that it is involved in. Located right at the heart of New York City, Baruch has access to some of the finest institution, right in it's backyard. Its students always have somewhere to go, something to see. - One thing I'd change is install additional elevators and working escalators. With the student population of approximately 15,000, it is crucial that students would be able to go where they need, at the time they need to. - The school is just right. With over 14 floors of access on the vertical campus building, as well the Newman Library and the 23rd Street building, it is enough to house everyone adequately. - When I tell people I go to Baruch, they ask "what's that"? I tell them about the history of Baruch, what it is most notable for, and then they begin to understand and accept my studies. - I spend most my time in the Newman Library and VC's computer labs studying and finishing assignments. - The Baruch administration is excellent. Everything is efficiently maintained, and is easily accessible, with minimal downtime. The staff is very friendly, always giving a helping hand, without a question. - The biggest recent controversy on campus I believe was the stolen CUNY laptop filled with sensitive Financial Aid information of thousands of students. - There is an extreme amount of school pride. Judging high turnouts to the sports games, various events and pep rallies, the participation and joy is always immense. - There is nothing unusual about Baruch, except for the unique architecture of the VC building. - One experience I'll always remember was right outside the vertical campus building. Not paying attention, I almost stepped on a pigeon that has been hit by a car. I believe I evaded a traumatic breakdown that day. - The most frequent complaints are the packed elevators during peak times and the non-functional escalators between the second and fifth floors. Another is struggling to properly swipe IDs on turnstiles.

- Everyone seems to be integrated and accepting of all groups, though there are always groups that are of the same interests and backgrounds. - Quiet people are definitely those who feel the most out of place. Quiet people anywhere are out of place. Even though there are quiet and not as socially-engaging students, they have a group of their own! - Students wear anything to class. Suits, high-fashioned, slippers, jeans, white t-shirt, caps, just to name some. - Different students interact all the time, thought if they are only acquaintance just from a class is unknown. - Where is the dining hall? - Most Baruch students are from the five boroughs, specifically the tri-state area, with a small percentage outside in other suburbs. - Financial aid students are the most prevalent. - I believe students are politically aware. I am a Business focused students, so I don't really have classes or interact with students of liberal studies. - Students talk how much they WANT to earn. Whether or not they are able to achieve or attain it, it is unknown.

Stereotypes are definitely not accurate. Stereotypes generalize a whole group of people, and we all know no one person is alike. Any kind of stereotype is misconception about what people do not know about others.

- Most of my professors know my name. - My favorite class was Speech Communication (COM 1010) of Fall 2007. The professor and students were so enticing, I always enjoyed going to class and never missing any sessions. - Students study all the time. All you have to do is look 180 degrees and there will always be someone with a book, pen or paper. - Class participation is more frequent than high school, usually at a 40% participation rate. - Some Baruch students have very intellectual conversations outside of class. Some challenge my thoughts, and has changed my views on many subjects. They share experiences with me, and I share with them. It makes the world go round. - Students are very competitive. With everyone aiming for an A and a 4.0 GPA, the main focus is to worry about yourself, then later worry about others. - The most unique class I have taken is probably my management class this semester. The professor is very engaging. In every class, every student usually speak two times or more. Management has become the second speech communications class for many, and it is a very fresh experience. - My intended major is Finance and Investments, the little brother of Accounting. - I sometimes spend time outside with professors. I usually do not want to bother them and become a nuisance, because I know they have just as much work as students. - The academic requirements I believe are fair, though I wish there are more four credit classes. Some classes meet for more than four hours a week, but the course is only for three credits. - Baruch balances both. The academics build towards a career, but the events such as internship fairs are subsidies. In my opinion, fairs and events are optional, and up to the students whether or not to attend. The academic requirements are sufficient not enough for a career.

- The most popular groups I believe are all the ones on the third floor, Undergraduate Student Government, WBMB Radio, The Ticker, frats/sororities, etc. - I have been involved with WBMB Baruch Radio, since October. I haven't visited the radio this semester yet because of my new and demanding schedule. - There are a handful of students who attend athletic events and the theater. A small population know the distinguished guests who attend or perform. - The dating scene, from what I see is quite hidden. I do not see many couples, it's really hard to pick them out from a crowd. Everyone is always friendly, hugging, kissing and etc. - I met my closest friends from the learning community of Freshman year. It is definitely one of the best experience of my life. - If I'm awake at that time, I am most likely studying. I never do any written or typed assignments during that time. Once I am placed in front of a screen, I won't be able to focus. - I'm not sure how often people party. It's less frequent in a demanding school like Baruch, with everyone scattered across the tri-state area and busy lives. - I believe fraternities and sororities are important for those involved. For others, it is almost never mentioned. - I was doing my weekly assignments last week, with not good enough weather to go outside. - Going out to watch a movie is a great way to not drink. Just do not be tempted to drink after the movie has ended. - Off campus, I enjoy my time with my brother's college friends and my high school ones. I usually do not hang out with my Baruch friends.

In general, Baruch student stereotypes usually consist of the many ethnic groups that Baruch is known for. Typically, it is the stereotypes that have plagued society wherever there is diversity. Stereotypes about Baruch as an academic institution include it being regarded as being a college for "poor people" and is less sought after because it is a CUNY and public institution.

CUNY Bernard M Baruch College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.