New York, NY
CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

Simi
Students from All Walks of Life

Students from All Walks of Life

I had a wonderful experience at Baruch. I wouldn't suggest it for people looking for the standard dorm life because I never saw one. But, it is in the heart of New York City and that has it's perks. Many students think only of NYU or Colombia for NYC schools, but Baruch College is around the corner, at half the price. Though it is mostly known as a business and finance school, The Zicklin School of Business, Baruch also has the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Public Affairs. These schools are significantly smaller so the one on one attention that you get from your professors is like being in a private school. Also, because Baruch is in the CUNY (City University of New York) system you can usually take classes at any of the other senior colleges if you can not find the class to fit your specific interests. Some of which include Lehman College, John Jay College of Criminal Justice and Hunter College. After you graduate, there are a number of graduate programs at Baruch as well as CUNY Graduate School of Journalism and CUNY School of Law within the CUNY system. The opportunities made available to you at Baruch are unmatched and though you may not have heard of it, I am always surprised of the people that have and they always hold it in high esteem.

Theresa

Baruch is a culturally diverse, challenging and competitive school.

Baruch is a culturally diverse, challenging and competitive school.

I would have been much more careful about choosing which college to attend. I really didnt think about what woudl be the best move for me. I went away to school for the experience, even though I kind of always knew i wanted to be in business school in the city. Also, I wish i had realized then how much easier it is to dedicate your time and effort to your studies while youre young and have minimal responsibilities. If I could have given myself advice as a senior in highschool i would say to really try and figure out who you are and who you want to be, and then figure out the best way to get there. Choosing the right college for you is very important in being successful in accomplishing your goals.

Kristjan

If I can go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare well for college. This preparation would include: (1) learning how to study best, (2) improving my reading and writing skills, (3) be more onfident in presentations, and (4) learn how to organize myself in a better manner. High school students don't realize how much different -- how much more self discipline -- college requires. Start practicing; you cannot turn it on with a switch.

I love Baruch, I'm not sure if I can identify something as the worst thing about my school. I suppose, it would be to have more real-life experienments and practice.

Jose

Baruch is an amazing university filled with likeminded students with success as their only goal.

The point of college is not a degree but a form to facilitate yourself to become a better person. As long as you approach every class, essay, book, and homework as a chance to become a better person and grow, you will succeed.

It seems overfilled with students of Asian background and can improve in the diversity category.

adriana

My school is aggresive to be the best business school.

My school is aggresive to be the best business school.

I would tell myself to study harder in high school to be prepared fot the competative college students from all over the country and even world because of the international students. Otherwise, I will do good in college so keep doing what you doing.

Competition is very frustrating in my school because everyone is very inetelligent and want to be the best. they only care for the good students and not for the ones who just needs a chance becaouse they might not be quick learners as others.

Aiko

My classmates are hardworking with most of them interning and going to school at the sametime. Many are very involved in school clubs and everyone can find a group where they can fit in.

If I were to go back in time and give advice to my highschool senior self, I would tell myself to work hard and set my priorities straight. There was a time in my college career where I would put my internship and club activities before my school work which made my GPA suffer. I would tell myself to be more involved in the college community more and join multiple clubs even though I was part of a club for two years. I would tell myself to better my leadership skills and engage in more group discussions earlier on in my college career. Last but not least, I would tell myself to not be afraid of doing things and take chances.

The quality of professors. Most if not all professors are well experienced in the field that they are teaching.

Vanessa

My school is best known for Business. It has many connections with Fortune 500 and Big 4 companies, which makes it an excellent place for opportunities.

First thing’s first: lose the fear of college! As big and scary as college seems, it is not the horrifying place it appears to be. Alright, maybe the professors are a little intimidating at times, but they are only there to help not hinder your college transition. There’s something you have a lot of now that you must learn to organize: your free time. Forget about Youtube, Facebook, Yahoo! News articles and other distractions that help you procrastinate. Stop pushing your study time to the last day before tests so that you won’t flunk. You can kiss your dream of a 4.0 GPA goodbye. Don’t worry! It’s alright to not get perfect grades. As one of my professors advised, if you get a business idea, take it and run! No one makes it in life without taking risks. Last and least importantly, if you actually want to make any friends, join a club! Friendships made within classrooms will diminish after the semester ends. Important tip: deactivate/permanently disable your Facebook account.

The one thing that makes Baruch stand out among the CUNY colleges is that it has a phenominal Business school. Whenever someone learns that I attend Baruch, they immediately say "Wow, that's great! It's wonderful for Business." Since my career will be within the Business field, I'm honored and excited to be at the right school with fair tuition!

Desiree

Great if you're willing to put in the work.

Great if you're willing to put in the work.

hello, me i know you're tired and upset and worried about whats next and guess what its gonna get hard. really hard. the hardest thing you've ever done- but you're going to shine like you never have before you're going to thrive you're going to love work it will all be worth it.

People are really disconnnected from each other.

Katherine

Freshman Convocation at the beginning of every spring semester.

Freshman Convocation at the beginning of every spring semester.

Most students are rather school spirited, but only students in organizations. This includes the frats and sororities, the school newspaper, people on the sports teams, the yearbook (me), etc. These will be the only people you see wearing t-shirts with the school mascot (the bearcat) or at least something that says Baruch on it. But we all like to party too so that's something we all have in common.

Students mostly keep to themselves rather than making friends; we'd open up to each other if we have a class together and talk mostly about schoolwork and become friends like that, but after the semester is over, we tend to lose contact (liking each other's statuses on facebook doesn't count at all). Since realizing this, I started looking for an organization to join to meet more people, and to my happy surprise, an old friend turns out to also go to Baruch and is the editor in chief of our yearbook, the Lexicon. We now work together on the yearbook while also having fun with everyone else in the committee. Then again, there's also the bars around the campus where all students congregate to socialize.

I feel the academic requirements are balanced; the prerequisites needed before the business courses all add up to make a well rounded student, having at least a little knowledge in every single aspect of education. In addition to having a major, students are required to have a minor not related to their major. This was kinda good for me since I intend on majoring in marketing and advertising, but also had an interest in graphic design. The mandatory "minor with major" kinda gave me the push to go for my second interest as well.

The stereotype seems to be that all students in Baruch are in the business major. Although the majority of students are in the Zicklin School of Business, or intending to be, there are also students in the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences and the School of Public Affairs.

CUNY Bernard M Baruch College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.