New York, NY
CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

Haley

I would've told myself to try and get an athletic scholarship instead of going to the school that I thought was the "school of my dreams." However, if I didn't get a scholarship for athletics, I would have told my self to start off at a community college and really think about what I wanted to do. Also, I would have taken classes that pushed me a little more in order to get ready for the harder classes that I would take in college.

liz

i WOULD SAY THAT IT INVOLVES HARD WORK, MOTIVATION, SELF-DETERMINATION AND EFFORT.

Anybody who wants to pursue a career in Business

Tony

I would tell myself to stay diligent and maintain a steady supply of optimism on hand at all times. What I mean by that is that during my senior year in high school, I began thinking of all that I probably could've been had I applied myself more with academics because many of my peers going went to 4-year institutions right off the bat. UC-this, CSU-that, I even knew someone that made it into both Harvard and MIT. Nevertheless, my decision to go to a 2-year college kind of made me feel discouraged. Luckily for me, I was wrong. Going to a community college has helped me understand the workings of college education (ex: study habits, social life, etc) for a fraction of the cost of a university. Another encouraging factor, for me at least, was seeing some friends of mine come back to community college after initially deciding to go to a 4-year school. Plus, as I'm getting my GE done, I'm learning more about my identity and how I should approach the future. In turn this has made me more hopeful for what's to come; a gift in itself.

Joan

Baruch is a great school and worth every penny of it. If we actually take advantage of the school for what it's worth, there is no doubt that we will not succeed in our future career paths.

I would tell the high school senior to take advantage of every opportunity there is in undergrad because you only get to experience it once. College and universities have so much to offer and we will never know unless we intentionally expose ourselves to it. The only way to gain the full college experience, students must be active in a variety of clubs and organizations, attend internship and job fairs, network and make as many friends as possible because they will last a lifetime. If students have self-esteem issues that cause them to shy away from campus life, it is highly suggested that the student learn to step out of their comfort zone for once in their lives so they wouldn't regret their four years. Students must find a circle of trusted friends to encourage and help them in academics as well as growth in all aspects. If the student is unsure of their future career, college is the place to experience a wide-range of opportunities.

I brag most about the clubs and organizations. There are so many options to choose from, fitting for all kinds of people.

Nancy

Oh boy, that would be a long trip! I graduated from high school in 1973, at the height of the Vietnam war and protests, drugs, and rock concerts. I would tell myself that its okay to have little fun, but you should listen to your parents when they tell you how much potential you have. They are right, you are very smart and if you would apply your smarts to your schoolwork and get better grades, you could probably earn a scholarship to college. Think about how much you love to dance and how you could make a career of it if you go to college, and you would have the support of family and friends to encourage you to follow your dream. I would also tell myself to slow down when it comes to love and not marry your first love when you are 19, instead of going to college.

Evan

The school is ethnically and culturally diverse but lacks opportunities for students to explore artisitc and creative activities. The facilities are impeccable for a CUNY school. All computer labs, classrooms, lecture halls and the library provide a world class experience.

I have been fortunate to make friends with people from a variety of different countries while attending Baruch. The level of commitment students have for their studies, however, ranges from dedicated to apathetic. Group work in most classes has been quite challenging because of this broad range of enthusiasm.

I remember being surprised by the level of maturity of new students my freshman year. Despite my held assumptions, every person that I met introduced themselves with great humility. All of BaruchÂ’s students seemed eager to make new friends, even if it was with people they might not normally spend time with outside of school. Although I made friends quickly at Baruch, I believe there were other opportunities to meet new people at the schoolÂ’s clubs and events. I would provide my high school self with two pieces of advice before attending college: First, I would challenge myself to be more outgoing when meeting new people inside or outside of school. Second, I would encourage myself to explore and participate in clubs and school events, simply for the sake of trying something new. Often times think we donÂ’t like something before we actually try it. And when we do in fact like something thatÂ’s new, it is a wonderful revelation. As I progressed through college, I learned from professors, students and sometimes by chance that exposing oneself to new people, places and ideas fosters greater intellectual and social growth. To this day, I continue to apply this idea to all contexts of my life.

michele

When I think about what I am benefiting from attending college is an education. Not only am I receiving an academic education, I am being educated on the lessons of life and self. I have learned to be conscientious, responsible, tolerant, and optimistic. I have learned to adequately manage my time and live up to my responsibilities. I have realized that my words, thoughts, and actions not only affect myself but others around me. I believe the most important lesson I have received from attending college is that learning and education are lifelong processes. I’ve acquired the ability to believe in myself and my capability to achieve any goal I set. I am now conscious to the fact that I am as intelligent as I allow myself to be. I have learned to be me. One component that came unexpectedly and I see as a bonus is that now when I talk to my children about school they look up to me as if I now have validity in this matter.

Brittney

I would tell myself to be in as many activities as possible. You get a wider background of everything you learn in all of the clubs you would be in. I would advise myself to go to a junior college for the first two years, because it is an easier transition. Classes are small and you can have one on one time with the teacher. I can't imagine going from a small school, like mine, to a 4 year university. I would tell myself to live in the dorms instead of off-campus. You meet a lot more people and get more involved in the activities the Resident Assistants have to offer. It is also much cheaper, because your meals are included. I would make sure to tell myself to study on my free time during the day, and not get too caught up in the partying. I would tell myself to make sure I went to class. It is way easier to lower your grade than it is to raise it.

CUNY Bernard M Baruch College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.