CUNY Bernard M Baruch College Top Questions

Theresa

Baruch is a culturally diverse, challenging and competitive school.

Jose

Baruch is an amazing university filled with likeminded students with success as their only goal.

adriana

My school is aggresive to be the best business school.

Desiree

Great if you're willing to put in the work.

Joan

Baruch is a great school and worth every penny of it. If we actually take advantage of the school for what it's worth, there is no doubt that we will not succeed in our future career paths.

Cha

ok

The school is ethnically and culturally diverse but lacks opportunities for students to explore artisitc and creative activities. The facilities are impeccable for a CUNY school. All computer labs, classrooms, lecture halls and the library provide a world class experience.

Tonisha

The most professional and accoladed school in New York.

Tamara

Diverse.

Galina

It is an extremelly active multi cultural school with many different student activities.

Jeffery

Baruch College is a cornucopia of diversity and academic excellence set in the bustling heart of New York City, providing a cutting-edge, easily accessible campus for the pursuit of a competitive business career or a host of other professions.

Howard

This school is only good for those who are working and already have their life planned out in front of them. For people that are business oriented is what it is basically

Anam

Baruch is a commuter school that is very competative and business oriented, with exceptional professors and a student body that is driven by success and money, and that strives to secure a spot among the young, sexy, and elite businesspeople of New York City.

Olga

23 majors, great computer lab, busy counselor center.

Israt

My school has all the tools and supplies I need to become a successful businesswoman; I just need to utilize them to their full capacity.

The area by Baruch is very busy and is filled with business people. Because Baruch has no dorms and limited seating outside, many students walk to Madison Square Park for lunch when it’s nice out. Some professors occasionally take their smaller classes there as well.

A shot of how busy Midtown Manhattan, where Baruch is located

The 23rd street Baruch building is older and un-renovated. It houses the science classes and some freshman English and

Video Description: Baruch’s main building is called the Vertical Campus, people are always hanging out outside in groups

Baruch is located on busy Lexington Avenue, where lunch places are always packed. If you’re ok with getting food from street vendors, there are some delicious choices available to you. The Baruch bookstore even sells metro cards for the typical student – the subway commuter.

Outside view of Baruch’s main building with banners and a stroll down the sidewalk to the Halal food stand.

Right outside the back doors of the main building where students hide from the rain and smoke. There are outside tables and chairs to have lunch or study in nice weather.

A shot of the back turnstiles in Baruch’s main building which holds classrooms and lecture halls. The security is super-strict, you can’t get in without a students ID. The BPAC (Baruch Performing Arts Center) is located below-ground and holds dance, music and theater performances both by students and famous performers.

This area in Baruch’s administrative and library building is usually very busy at rush hour. It’s hard to find seats to

An elevator ride to the office of financial aid, registrar and Bursar’s office in the administrative building. Wide shot of international flags and a shot of some wall art. Another shot of the reception lunch downstairs and real trees inside the building. A lot of times it is difficult to graduate in 4 years because the classes are always full, so students rush to register exactly at the time of their registration date and time, and even cut class to do so.

The Office of undergraduate admissions inside the administrative building which often holds reception and lunches for alumni and donors. The six floors of the library are visible from here. The 7th and 8th floors are decorated with all the flags of the world to represent the different ethnicities that attend the college. Downward shot of the first floor library with computers and a shot of library study areas.

Outside shot of Baruch’s administrative and library building which houses thebursar, the registrar and the office of admissions and financial aid. The library is located on floors 1-6, and the administrative offices are located on floors 7-9. Shot of smokers in front of the main building and street between the two buildings. The security guards never kick out the smokers outside, which results in a lot of complaining from non-smokers.

Alan

The 2nd floor lobby of the vertical campus filled with people before the night class rush.

Alan

The main Baruch vertical campus entrance located at east 24th street. The vertical campus has a total of 14 floors, with the architecture of the building concaving inwards at the floors increase.

Alan

One of the best views at Baruch is located on the 5th floor of the main library building. It oversees all floors of the building, giving a panoramic bird's eye view of everything.

Alan

Description: The rear exit of the vertical campus filled with students during the early night rush. Right across the street is Baruch's Newman Library building. The stairs to the right of the entrance leads to the main library. Past the turnstiles leads to the stock market room, where up-to-date information, as well as everything about the stock market is situated. There is also a lunch room, as well as offices

Alan

Alan

barThe well known Flatiron Building in the Flatiron District at 23rd Street is shown here. It is adjacent to Madison Square Park. The building use to house clothes manufacturers, but is now being renovated and soon to be occupied by various organizations as a based of their operations. In the meantime, the building remains an iconic tourist attraction and the surrounding neighborhoods.

Alan

This set of turnstiles is situated right inside the 55 Lexington main entrance to Baruch. One of the more busy areas where there are lines, at times, just to swipe their student I.D.'s in.

Alan

Baruch elevators in Vertical Campus

Owen

This is a brief video to show prospective students that the Undergraduate Admissions office is located on the 7th floor and this is what they should expect to see when they have arrived on the floor from the elevator.

Owen

This is a brief video starting from making a right from the elevators on the 8th floor in the Library Building. Before heading to the Office of Registrar, we stop by to show you the Financial Aid office that is relocated from the 7th to the 8th floor at the corner. Then, we lead to the office of registrar which is where students drop off the form for a transcript request after it is approved by Bursar Office, drop off the minor declaration form, etc.

Owen

Unlike the undergraduate office, the Bursar Office is on the 8th floor at the left after you get out of the elevators. This is where you pay your tuition bills, late charges, transcript fee, etc.