CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

« See more reviews of CUNY Bernard M Baruch College

An elevator ride to the office of financial aid, registrar and Bursar’s office in the administrative building. Wide shot of international flags and a shot of some wall art. Another shot of the reception lunch downstairs and real trees inside the building. A lot of times it is difficult to graduate in 4 years because the classes are always full, so students rush to register exactly at the time of their registration date and time, and even cut class to do so.

Outside shot of Baruch’s administrative and library building which houses thebursar, the registrar and the office of admissions and financial aid. The library is located on floors 1-6, and the administrative offices are located on floors 7-9. Shot of smokers in front of the main building and street between the two buildings. The security guards never kick out the smokers outside, which results in a lot of complaining from non-smokers.

Description: The rear exit of the vertical campus filled with students during the early night rush. Right across the street is Baruch's Newman Library building. The stairs to the right of the entrance leads to the main library. Past the turnstiles leads to the stock market room, where up-to-date information, as well as everything about the stock market is situated. There is also a lunch room, as well as offices

The Office of undergraduate admissions inside the administrative building which often holds reception and lunches for alumni and donors. The six floors of the library are visible from here. The 7th and 8th floors are decorated with all the flags of the world to represent the different ethnicities that attend the college. Downward shot of the first floor library with computers and a shot of library study areas.

barThe well known Flatiron Building in the Flatiron District at 23rd Street is shown here. It is adjacent to Madison Square Park. The building use to house clothes manufacturers, but is now being renovated and soon to be occupied by various organizations as a based of their operations. In the meantime, the building remains an iconic tourist attraction and the surrounding neighborhoods.

A shot of the back turnstiles in Baruch’s main building which holds classrooms and lecture halls. The security is super-strict, you can’t get in without a students ID. The BPAC (Baruch Performing Arts Center) is located below-ground and holds dance, music and theater performances both by students and famous performers.

Baruch is located on busy Lexington Avenue, where lunch places are always packed. If you’re ok with getting food from street vendors, there are some delicious choices available to you. The Baruch bookstore even sells metro cards for the typical student – the subway commuter.

The school is ethnically and culturally diverse but lacks opportunities for students to explore artisitc and creative activities. The facilities are impeccable for a CUNY school. All computer labs, classrooms, lecture halls and the library provide a world class experience.

The area by Baruch is very busy and is filled with business people. Because Baruch has no dorms and limited seating outside, many students walk to Madison Square Park for lunch when it’s nice out. Some professors occasionally take their smaller classes there as well.

Baruch is a commuter school that is very competative and business oriented, with exceptional professors and a student body that is driven by success and money, and that strives to secure a spot among the young, sexy, and elite businesspeople of New York City.