CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College

Roshana

its good

Anay

This is an all inclusive school that cares about its students. BMCC is extremely supportive, fun, engaging, academically encouraging. Here at BMCC we truly believe that if we start here we can go anywhere. I encourage everyone to attend BMCC. This is an amazing school and I am proud to be a BMCC student.

arnela

The school has 3 buildings. The main building is very old and some classrooms are falling apart. The other building on Murray street is alright. It is nothing special but at least it is across the street from a whole foods, barnes and noble, chipotle and tagret. The newest building, Fitterman is the best. It is very modern, updated and technology advanced. Student life is alright, I haven't made much friends. Professors are typically very good and lenient.

sophia

Overall this college challenged me to think outside of my comfort zone. I believe this college has made me adapt into a better person.

Greidy

BMCC overall it’s a good school. The classes aren’t large so it gives others a chance to learn more. It’s full of people from different race. It’s a very diverse school. It is also very comforting. BMCC has so many opportunities for students to be more engaged.

Mijolla

Borough of Manhattan Community College is a good school. There are smart students and some students don't care. Some professors tried to help students succeed. But some teachers are very difficult to pass since they make the class hard. There are volunteer opportunities, work study, and more.

Maria

I think is a college with a lot biodiversity, it has a healthy environment, teachers and counselors are always trying their best to help everyone and you feel that you have a place and you are important. The college also try to help you with your financial aid of you ar missing something pr you need time to pay feeds back.

Aline

I love this school I have class in the morning but I like to stay more because they have a lot resources for exemple, a big library, several books, instructor, tablet, events I just love the place I have some problem with one of my professor but overall the school is amazing and please open the school I have online class

Nerlyne

There is a stigma that still surrounds community colleges. You don’t usually see the same enthusiasm to rock a two year school hoodie as you do for a University. I was reluctant in the beginning because I felt like I performed well academically and I did not need to go attend a two year school. I could honestly tell you that I wished I hadn’t taken a loan my first year and that I had just gone into BMCC entering college. I have gotten the chance to take amazing classes within my major, that further aided in the process of figuring out what I wanted to do. I have met professors that took the time out to get to know me and even extend their office hours when I was no longer a student if there’s. My advice, remember that each experience varies and someone’s horrible review may not be your future. Take advantage of what is offered at BMCC and be open to having a good experience.

Nickole

Im a freshman to this college so I really don’t know much but from what I visited and done paper work. I feel like Bmcc is a great college for young people to follow their dreams and become what the want to be! This campus makes me feel safe too! And that’s whats even more better !

Tracy

Borough of Manhattan Community College is an affordable college that is a good start in getting an AS. The academic is mediocre, it is not the best but it serves purpose for getting your college degree. The building itself, there were about 3 buildings, including the campus. They are huge and are full of resources that provide information for students. The faculty is average, you will find yourself with amazing professors and horrible ones.

Victor

Awesome

Kristyn

I think that BMCC has a lot to improve in the teaching department. Some of the teachers have a god complex and don't seem to really care about their students. I think that the campus is safe. Its in lower Manhattan near the One World Trade building so security around the campus is tight and in the campus the school safety officers do their job monitoring the building. The food is okay and the snack machines are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. I suggest bringing snacks from home. I do like the extra help and tutoring that is offered.

Shanell

It’s been a great learning lesson going to this school. It helps with the basics of my major. It’s easy to make friends and some of the professors are really great. All you have to do is put in the work of you want the grade you deserve. I finished both fall and spring semesters strong academically.