CUNY Bronx Community College Top Questions

Rebecca

Dear High School Senior Rebecca, You thought you ruled the school, and negligent in your studies. Your friends will tell you to skip, and you will. You will put your hopes in drifting opportunities. Told yourself that you will get your act together in time. Yet, you will say this while you’re out in the city cutting class, with people who will not graduate. Your grades will slip, and your graduation will be in doubt. You will feel pathetic, and ignore the weight on your shoulders. Ashamed, you'll see what a terrible role-model you’ve been for your four younger sisters. You made mistakes. I want to tell you, these errors, and the shame will not dissipate. However, they will be a reminder. They will be your encouragement as you go on. These mistakes will help you know the markers of a student like you when you become a teacher one day. These mistakes will make you more grateful for second chances. Most of all, it will make you feel this bubbling, burning pride when you finally do walk across that stage for your diploma. You will do it, College Rebecca

Marisa

make sure you write in details what ever your topic is

Cadesha

If I was to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would have to myself first to focus and dont get lazy and make sure you pass all your Act a or SATs with a very good grade . Look for schorlship and apply for FasFa to help you pay for college expenses, prerare myself emotionally ,physically and mentally for the work load college will dump on you. Take some writing courses and other classes in the summer to prepare you for College life

Anna-Kaye

I would warn myself about procrastination and carelessness. I would explain how easy it is to become complacent and get swallowed up but the pretense of sudden freedom and forget that this freedom comes with tons of responsibility. Also I would tell me high school senior-self that it is important to have clearer, more defined goals regarding what my plans for the future are. Just merely having a projection is foolish, there needs to be a plan of action in place in order to map out how goals will be accomplished. Lastly, I would have to discuss with my high school-self that people that are around may not necessarily be bad but being mindful of their influence is key. Being a part of the crowd is not always a good thing.

Jenny

The advise that I would give myself would be the following; Jenny transfer out of this school as soon as possible, it is no good for you, it not the challenge that you need, you know better and this school will not bring the best out of you. And when you come home from school try to study as often and be more social with your classmates and teachers, because they do genuinely care and will be there for you when you most need them. Try to be as independent as possible when you know that the fight is right, don't give up easily on minimal situatins that may affect majorly on your emotions, fight until you are fully satisfied. And lastly Jenny, you are an amazing and astonishing human being.

Edwin

Definitely, I will advice me that college is a coin of two sides. In other words apparently is easier than high school, but it's not . Students take less class, less hours in the week, but there are more work for the rest of the free time (depending of the schedule and routine of the student). So I have to persude, keep going and take advantage of everthing that college offer me. e.g: in my own case the college offer help to improve english writting, I go and I improve my skills.

Anastasia

I would tell myself that I should take more time for me. I would tell myself to study more. I would also convince myself to get involved in school activities. I would also tell myself that I should do whatever I want not what dad wants me to do.

Alysa

Don't slack off this year. Stay focused and get the grades you want. Pay attention to deadlines. Apply for more scholarships - college is expensive!!!

Hector

The first thing you need to do is cut all of your friends off and worry about what colleg you will be attending come this fall. The deadline is coming soon and all you could think about is partying and hanging out with friends that you might not see again. I know that this is a hard time in your life, being that you only live with your mother and she provides for you and your sister, but don't be selfish. The college life awaits you, test, papers, and way more studying than you've ever experienced. There is notjhing to be scared of because college is just the next step of you long term goals and the aspirations that you have in becoming something far greater than you could imagine. I just ask you to be focus and stay away from trouble and take life seriously. Life isn't about feeling sorry for yourself, but it is about making the best of whats in front of you.

Asetta

Always be prepared and never do less than your best. Just because you'll be attending a community school doesn't mean that you don't have to work hard. There are no short cuts in life, you get what you work hard for. Patience and persistence is key if you hope to strive and succeed in college. Your life doesn't change in one day, and there will be times when you feel like giving up but don't. Keep fighting and take your time when obstacles in school seem to be overbearing. When you take your time and look at what's holding you back from succeeding at all angles, the obstacle doesn't seem as big as it did before and you then began to find ways to overcome it. If you don't get something right the first time keep doing it until you get it. Practice makes perfect but it is passion that persuades so always have passion present in whatever you do. OH AND ONE MORE THING,... THIS IS COLLEGE RIGHT? SO DON'T FORGET TO HAVE FUN!!!! ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE YOU ONLY GET TO LIVE THE COLLEGE LIFE ONCE. YOUR FUTURE IS CALLING.......