CUNY Brooklyn College Top Questions

Karimah

unorganized and take too long to process everything. plus the crowds and noisy students.

The worst thing about my school is the cost of dorming and who financially hard it is to get one, but I guess since it's in New York City, they assume people don't really NEED dorms.

Priscilla

Poor communication between those elected to represent the student body and the students.

Can't really think of anything that I would consider a negative aspect about this school

It is located in a bad neighborhood, always very crowded and noisy.

All of the professors have very different methods of teaching: some fantastic and interesting, others it is very difficult to learn from them.

I haven't had any terrible experiences at the college as yet.

Over-emphasis on diversity. The emphasis to create equality causes more issues than would naturally occur otherwise. We're in the middle of New York City, the 'white anglo-saxon male protestants' are by far the minority. Continuing to treat all the other cultures, religions, etc. as minorities is both insulting and unfairly prejudicial to those who happen not to be part of an 'official' minority.

The worse thing about my school is the lack of information they give on current on campus and off campus activities that they have. I hardly know about any workshops or anything going on in school.

Judy

The worst thing about the school is the availability of campus shuttle and the availability work and intern experience opportunities given to students due to having to meet requirements.

That its expensive and I cant afforded. Thats why I would like to win so I could pay at least my books.

Rosanna

My school has a BA-MD program, so many of these students are in my classes. This makes it extremely hard for students who do not have the right resources to accell in the science field and be on the same level as these students.

janine

The worst thing about my school is that I don't have an opportunity to engage with my Professors or other students directly. Attending online offers the flexibility for me to work as I continue my education, yet it doesn't feel quite as personally satisfying.

Jasmin

I would consider the worst thing about my school is the acceptance of credits. This is a personal situation between this college and I. I recently tranferred from the University of South Florida where I completed about two to two and a half years of college. When I transferred to this college in Brooklyn, about a year and a half worth of my credits were not accepted, which left me to complete more schooling than originally planned and more money to loan.

Anup

I would say that the location of my school is the worst thing. I wish it had more parks and nature around the neighborhood.

The worst thing about my school is the parking situation, although it's not the school's fault. A little while ago, the city changed the cost of parking from $.25 for a half hour to $.25 for 20 minutes, which makes parking more expensive. If you don't have enough quarters to cover the time you're in class, you have to drive around the neighborood untill you find a spot, which can make you late to class.