New York, NY
CUNY City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY City College

Misty

Look ranking is important, you need to work harder so you rank is higher and the school you want to go to will pay you to go. When you go to college you are gonna get a slap in the face, listen to what the teachers tell you. You are not going to be able to turn things in late. Try not to be afraid when you move into the dorm it is ok other students will go through the same things. Living on campus is one of the best things you can do. Think before you act trust me if it feels wrong it probably is. And trust yourself you can do it, do not hold yourself back.

If i went back in time, to the point of almost graduating highschool i would tell myself College is not like highschool. You have more freedom to be an adult and make all your own choices. You will not be constantly told "do your homework" which is REALLY great. Choosing when you go to school is another plus, having days off to relax before jumping back into school work really helps to keep you focused.

Eboni

Make sure to put myself out there and always ask for help because help is there for you all the time no matter what.

A person who is motivated and likes to make friends.

TRACY

CUNY WAS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL. I WENT AT NIGHT AND WEEKENDS AND WORKED FULL TIME DURING THE DAY. THE PROFESSORS WERE OF EXCELLENT CALIBER AND THE CURRICULUM WAS SECOND TO NONE. THE COUNCELORS WERE ALL VERY VERY HELPFUL AND TOOK TIME WITH EACH STUDENT.

I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO DEFINITELY TAKE THE TIME AND PATIENCE TO MAKE SURE THAT I AM TAKING THE COURSES THAT WOULD DEFINITELY FULLFILL MY CAREER CHOICE, AND THINK VERY LONG AND HARD AND DO THE NECESSARY INVESTIGATION IN CHOOSING A MAJOR. I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO PACE MYSELF TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND NOT TO OVERLOAD. I WOULD DEFINITELY TELL MYSELF TO TRY TO INVEST IN SOME COLLEGE ACTIVITIES TO BE MORE WELL ROUNDED AND INVOLVED IN THE COLLEGE LIFE. I BELIEVE THAT COLLEGE ACTIVITIES ARE DEFINITELY A GOOD WAY TO BOND AND FEEL MORE CONNECTED TO THE SCHOOL AND OTHER CLASSMATES. I WOULD TELL MYSELF TO CONTINUE TO WORK HARD AND CONTINUE TO PUSH MYSELF BECAUSE THE REWARDS ARE SO WORTH IT. BEING A SINGLE MOTHER, I WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE TOLD MYSELF TO BE SAFE AND NOT BE SO QUICK TO BECOME A MOM AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE, BECAUSE IT IS A STRUGGLE AND THERE ARE A LOT OF SACRIFICES THAT COMES WITH THAT DECISION. HOWEVER, WITH WHATEVER CHOICE OR CHOICES YOU MAKE, NEVER GIVE UP AND KNOW THAT WITH PERSERVERANCE AND PERSISTENCE, YOU CAN REALIZE YOUR DREAMS.

I REALLY CAN'T FIND ANY FAULT WITH THE SCHOOL, BECAUSE THEY WERE SO ACCOMODATING TO WORKING PARENTS LIKE MYSELF. I WAS ABLE TO GET MY GRANTS AND LOANS WITH NO PROBLEM. I WAS ABLE TO ENROLL AND I RECEIVED CONSTANT SUPERVISION IN THE PROCESS AND IN WHAT COURSES WOULD FULLFILL THAT CURRICULUM AND COINCIDE WITH MY SCHEDULE.

Monica

The school has an amazing sense of diversity and the campus community can help you only if you choose to seek it.

I know you are worried and anxious about college life. I understand that right now you are thinking, "an undergraduate degree is not worth the huge financial investment that some schools are asking of you" but I think you are thinking about it the wrong way. This is an investment in yourself. If you cannot afford the bigger school you desire and are a bit reluctant to attend your backup schools, then compromise. Go to a school that satisfied your needs in all the ways possible, without breaking your parents budget and the future investment on your siblings. Dorm if you want to! Save by looking for an off-campus apartment with friends. You are worth the investment. There might be some guilt but I know you will work harder because of it and give back to your family in a greater way. For the first time in your young adult like, make this choice your own. Regardless, I know you will find a way to work things out!

The commute is the hardest thing because the campus is located in uptown Manhattan. Trains in the city are full of everyday commuters, so beware of that time before heading to class.

jessica

I would tell myself to stay in school and graduate. Then, go to college and get my associate or bachelor degree,before getting married. School is so much easier when there is no man or kids to continually interrupt. I will tell them how hard life can be without a education and how hard that you have to work for minimum wadge i would do my best to help them realize how important education is and tell them to just keep trying no matter what obstacles you face it is worth it to over come them as early in life as possible. I would advised myself to work hard at whatever my hands found to do, focus a lot more on my academic endeavors, read more, use time spent with friends and family wisely. High school was fun however I could have graduated with a higher GPA if I had settled down and focus on my books and less on what friends were involved in. I would listen more to the advise given to me by my mother and the elders around regarding ceasing all opportunities granted to me most of all an education.

Sara

You may or may not be sure of yourself now, but allow yourself to be comfortable not knowing and not having an identity. Life is going to change how you see yourself every single day. College is a time to be totaly unsure and totally ok with that. College is a time to try things you never thought you would, socially, academicaly, and otherwise. By doing this, you will learn so much more about yourself. Don't be afraid of making change, be easy going, and go with the flow. However, when you feel strongly about a value or ideal, don't compromise that. You need to trust yourself and trust your gut. You are beautiful and perfect and flawed. There is nothing wrong with that.

The diversity is the greatest thing about City. There isn't a kind of person you won't find here and everyone is so accepting of others. Groups of friends often represent so many corners of the world. Every day is a global education simply through socialization.

It is a public school, so there are always a lot of steps to geting anything done. It makes it discouraging to try and make changes here.

Shari

CCNY is the place where one discovers themselves, create memorable bonds with people from all over the world, and a place of intellectual enlightenment for those who seek it.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself would to dream big because anything is possible. I would have applied to more scholarships and told myself that college life is what you make it to be. Be open to meeting and establishing friendships with people, because learning isnt limited to just inside the classroom. Students not only learn from what is taught to them in class, they also learn how to facilitate and actually use the knowledge they learn by sharing it with others and learning from each other. By doing so, it creates a spark of interest that ignites in students creativity and willingness to learn. Another form of advice I would tell myself is to be more involved in the oppurtunties that college offer. Besides starting my own club called The Asian Language Club, I would have liked to have urged myself to join a sport like fencing because, not only is it healthy, but it is a window of oppurtunity to do something positive that contributes to the school.

The kind of person who should attend this school should be the one's who are open minded to new experiences, cultures, and languages because, this university is very diverse and friendly.

CUNY City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.