New York, NY
CUNY City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY City College

Diniece

I decided to attend the GSOE at the City College of New York where I am currently pursuing a B.E. Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Transportation. I knew that I wanted to pursue a career that could directly affect the way in which us human beings travel and move from place to place in a meaningful way and his was through Transportation. With this notion, I grew interested in the way in which policies affect everyday operations on the ground in the transportation field. I have established the importance of research and post graudate studies upon graduation. The engineering school here, takes pride in teaching and mentoring its students and I feel that I am fully equipped with the knowledge and expertise to start making a meaningful difference in people lives through my degree.

Raymond

Attending college was one my best undertakings ever. I learned about the immense amount of knowledge available at my disposal. I learned not only about myself and my affinity to all that we tend to call the others. Above all I was set on a path to learn to know my true self and to determine my purpose here in this world. It was quite a discovery and the process continues to this day, but I am grateful for my college education without which I would still be ignorant, or rather insensitive to this so necessary part of living.

I think one caveat of attending CUNY City College is teh campus, which is right in the middle of a busy and crowded city like New York. There was no dorm, no green pastures to enjoy, no real campus life like other colleges I visited lately here in the south. There is also room for improvement in informing new students of what the school has available for them and how to access them. Registering for classes also was always a nightmare for there were always more students than there were classes available .

The teachers were very competent and made me feel eager to learn. They inculcated such love for knowledge in me and that stays with me until now. Whatever the course I took, they incorporated so many facets in it that I could have never anticipated . Furthermore, it was very affordable to minorities, which made all the difference for me. I also had the chance to be in the Day-Student Government and the Student for Cultural Exchange. I had the chance to participate in one of their trips right after graduation during which I visited Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Brazil.

Lizhu

My classmates are respectful and friendly to me. They help and listen to my thoughts and ideas whenever I needed. College is a huge place and the students are willing to help, they do not show any sign of discrimination becasue college is a diverse place to start with. I am glad that my classmates are able to help me out with school based questions and I am able to know more about their cultures and backgrounds.

I attend The City College of New York and it is very diverse with so many students from all over the world, such as China, Korea, Japan, Greece, Bangladesh, Peru, Indiana, philippine, and so on. I cannot miss out the richness of diverse cultures and backgrounds in college and this is one of the college experiences that I cannot overlook at. There are wide and unthinkable opportunities offered in college such as different majors, study abroad program, exchange program, financial aid, scholarships, competitions, technologies, and the list goes on. I am blessed with the financial aid since my family has low income and I cannot believe how close the college has made my dreams come true. I am currently excited about studying abroad because I have not studied or been outside of New York for ten years! With my major in architecture and the AIAS community, I am able to meet architects and other architecture major students from all over the world. College is filled with talented people and it is no doubt that I am taught by authors, scientists, architects, artists, and other professions in each class. College experience is the beginning to unlock my potentials.

shahzeb

The campus is a historic architecture. My school includes sculpture of Abraham Lincoln, a certain type in limited numbers around the globe.

So far I have learned many things through out college experience. First would be living independantly and having to look out for yourself and keeping up with all the work load. The studies are heavy but well worth the time we put in. It is amazing to how much each class covers in a matter of a semester. I am looking forward to upcoming college years.

My college is pretty awesome but one thing that is a bit shaky is when I am not assigned a particular advisor. I mean sure there is an office named "Gateway" but they can only give you as much information. They can name each department and then you would have to walk building to building according to your interests.

Juan

My classmates have a wonderful knack for astonishing me with unique life stories.

I came into college with a mind set in music composition/theory. I also came into it with mind full of fear. The stereotype has always been that a musician doesn't make a lot of money. I found it hard to believe that my hours of daily practice was absolutely useless in the real world. I pushed on for the first few months in the hopes that I would be inspired by my classes, peers, or anything. The first few months of college were spent with caution because I was studying music heavily but I wan't sure if I was wasting my time. After speaking with many fellow musicians, teachers, and anyone else I could get my hands on at this college, I had an epiphany. The music industry is not as black and white as I had seen it. There is an unbelieveable number of jobs in music that I never thought about (film music, production, public relations, orchestration, advertising, etc...). I can now go into studying musicianship knowing that there are enough opportunities for me to take in the real world because of my college experience.

Students should not enter city college with a "closed mind." This refers to a person who feels uncomfortable with with people from vastly different backgrounds. The college environment here is extremely diverse and has cultures from all over the world. If the student isn't ready to interact with and learn from people from many different backgrounds, he/she should not attend city college.

City College made me feel most comfortable. It has a great atmosphere and teaching staff. City College is easy to get to from where I live.

Attending college is an amazing experience. I have learned alot since I began. Earning a bachelor's degree is a valuable asset in the world today.

Any person who is unsure of their major should attend City College. City College has a wide variety of majors that would please any student.

Stacy

My classmates are diverse in every sense of the word; racially, sexually, and even in terms of maturity.

I have learned a lot from my freshman year of college. I learned that college is definitely a lot harder than high and therefore I shouldn't overload my schedule. Also, college classes (mostly) are much more interesting than high school. I enjoy the classes more and am more eager to go to class. I learned to try new things and find out what I'm good at. It has definitely been worthwhile to attend because I feel like I have found out a lot about myself, though I still have a long way to go.

Anyone can attend City College, if they enjoy being in New York City. However, if small classes are preferred, then perhaps, this is not the school for you. Also, if you are used to seeking out information on your own, without anyone telling you and reminding you of things, then you're good. The school can get pretty disorganized at times and there are many events and information offered but not advertized, making it nearly impossible for students to take advantage of them.

Karyn

Not apt to socialize. Diverse.

Not apt to socialize. Diverse.

Passionate. Determined. Ambitious. Driven. Hard-working. Focused. I feel by going to college it have only instilled in me more motivation to attainmy dreams. Though the road may be difficult to obtain my dreams I will never given up. Every day when I go to school though I may find the rigor of a particular course overwhelming sometimes or I may get frustrated in a mathematics course, I look back and recall that I live in America. There are people across the globe that would die to have the opportunities that I have. They only hope that one day they can obtain an education or they may never attend school at all. My mother immigrated to America before I was born and she has always told me about the lack of opportunities in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I use this everyday as my motivation to appreciate the value of a true education.

I do not like anything about it.

Christine

In terms of academics, City College has a well-known engineering and architecture programs. It also is home to CUNY Medical School (which has separate admissions from City College). The College is also well known for its athletics namely track and field, soccer, basketball and baseball.

My college experience has been quite unique in comparison to other people. This is because I was accepted into a seven year program at City College/Sophie Davis in order to receive my B.S. and M.D. degrees. Therefore, I had to complete my undergraduate studies in 2 years which meant lots of hardwork and dedication. I was not able to have the typical college experience. However I am grateful because my training as a medical student has transformed me from an unwise 18 year old girl into a 23 year old mature young woman. I have been given this extraordinary opportunity to make a change in so many people?s lives as a doctor. I will be able to improve the lives of my patients while also serving as a role model for the next generation of physicians. As a Hispanic women and the first college graduate of my family, this is more than I could ever have hoped to achieve.

(1) I think that this school has professors that are genuinely concerned for their students which is important. (2) The mentorship and counseling services are always available for students. (3) Since it's a CUNY school, the tuition is cheap while the quality of education is high.

Joshua

They do not care how many classes you have to retake because they don't transfer. And there is no placement test.

CUNY City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.