CUNY City College

« See more reviews of CUNY City College

There are racial and religious groups on campus. They are open to everyone and are about celebrating different cultures and having discussions about a religion. The is a LGBT organization at City College, which everyone is free to join. I don't believe any student would feel out of place because of the immense diversity of CUNY colleges. Most students are casual. Students wear what they feel comfortable in. I mostly wear jeans, t-shirts and sneakers, as do many other students. There is a lot of interaction between students. I cannot describe tables of students because in the cafeteria there is always a mix of different people sitting together talking about classes or even having just met each other. Students come from all different backgrounds. The financial situation varies but most are from middle class backgrounds. I have never discussed with any of my fellow peers potential salary for our chosen professions/fields.

My fellow students come from various backgrounds, belong to various races, have widely varying goals and take education with varying degrees of seriousness; some of my classmates see the college as a poor man's Harvard while some are going only to avoid working for a few years; some are using it as a platform for environmental activism, and some just to hone their debating skills, drawing any one around them into a discussion on whatever they happen to be studying, often recruiting a passing professor into the impromptu seminar; being on campus for a few minutes reveals its vitality.

My classmates are respectful and friendly to me. They help and listen to my thoughts and ideas whenever I needed. College is a huge place and the students are willing to help, they do not show any sign of discrimination becasue college is a diverse place to start with. I am glad that my classmates are able to help me out with school based questions and I am able to know more about their cultures and backgrounds.

For most of my classes, my classmates are culturally, economically, and educationally diverse. They represent a broad spectrum of perspectives and focuses, and add greatly to both the learning environment and the social environment. They can truly be regarded as the identity of the world today.

My classmates have been friendly so far. Although I haven't made any friends while in college, you can definitely count on your classmates to assisst you in your school work or other concerns.

Every morning after a two hour commute on the one train, I am greeted with the faces of my peers from different cultures and backgrounds, who all come to one place in pursuit of knowledge.

My classmates are the greatest people I know, they are always there when you need them, they'll take notes for you and help you when you are struggleling.

Every class I have had so far has being pretty diverse which is great since that way you are expo to more points of views and come to new findings.

My classmates are diverse in every sense of the word; racially, sexually, and even in terms of maturity.

My classmates are very helpful and go through extents to make sure their friends know the material