CUNY City College Top Questions

Donald

I do not think there is anyone who should "not" attend this school. I would say, however, that for an individual who is closed-minded, is uncomfortable with cultural and religious diversity, or is rigid towards non-standard school settings, they would have a difficult time establishing themselves at this school. Nevertheless, this school is extremely wlecoming and will remain open to such individuals; and in time, the school may even stir in them a potential for openness that matches its own.

I believe that the students that should not enter this school are students who do not attend to any events or even care about school in general. There are a lot of programs that help students with financial needs but then there are those students who do not take advantage of it. I believe that after the second year of college if the student has not shown any signs of progress then they should not attending a college and should look towards other things in life untl they are ready to study.

Irwin

There is no person who can't attend City College because City College is a school for people who are trying to persue their dreams. If you are not good at communicating with people in general, after one semester of attending City College, you will become a very active person (or even a leader). If you are not good at writting papers/essays, after one semester, you will be writting essays as if they were paragraphs. If you do not know what to major in, after one semester you will be pursuing your dream.

Juan

Students should not enter city college with a "closed mind." This refers to a person who feels uncomfortable with with people from vastly different backgrounds. The college environment here is extremely diverse and has cultures from all over the world. If the student isn't ready to interact with and learn from people from many different backgrounds, he/she should not attend city college.

CUNY City College is a good school for anyone. They do their best to help you reach your potential. However if you're lazy and unmotivated you should no attend. No matter where you attend school, effort and dedication will always be required. If you are one who always looks for the easy way out, you will not make it. Remember the hard work and effort put into school now will determine the rest of your life. People who lack motivation, determination, and effort should not attend this school.

Merlyn

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone that does not like to work and research information.

intelligent, fun-loving, challenge-seeking, multi-tasking, liberal individual shouldn't even THINK about applying to the school, it's like quicksand, it'll suck you in!

Irwin

A kind of person that shouldn't attend this school would be a person who focuses too much on the price of the classes and not be aware that there are ways to pay for your classes. Even if you have no idea what your intended major is, this college would provide you with many experiences and knowledge to a point where you would be sure on what major you would want to study. Financial aid will help.

Jean

A person who wants the typical, movie-esque college experience should not attend City College. City College does not have a quad or dorms. There are very few sororities and fraternities. The students here are typically commuters with part-time jobs who cannot afford to spend all their free time on campus. Also, we offer minimal weekend activities here. In general, someone who believes in the academically rich, picturesque college experience should not go to City College.

loucretia

younger traditonal students. most students are 21years of age and over and are either returning back to school after many years off or work full time and would like to find a program that's worker education friendly. a traditonal student who is looking for social activites and sports will not find what they are looking for. the center is team work driven and many students here are focused and have other responsibilities outside of school so social activities is not a priority.

Letticia

Someone who wants to party or does not really care about what they are learning should not attend this school. It drags done the quality of the class and confuses things for others who are there.

Armando

As much as it saddens me I must admit that anyone who is in search of knowledge that coincides with truth should not attend this university. From personal experience with professors at this college, I have noticed that many things in regards to US history and morals have been tainted by secularism and moral relativism, and then taught as "truth" when indeed it is not. Because of this I am embarassed to say that I am a student of City College, even though it may have a good reputation.

The kind of person that should attend this school is really anyone that wants to learn also City College is a good school for architecture and biology majors as well as psychology.

Cynthia

There are people from all different backgrounds here anyone would fit in.