CUNY City College

« See more reviews of CUNY City College

The most frustrating thing about my school is the Course sequencing. Some courses are only offered during fall or spring. Language and Literacy 1 is only offered in fall and is a prerequisite for Language and Literacy 2 and Social Studies which are only offered during spring. Let say I do not pass Language and Literacy 1 I would have to wait until next fall to retake the course and cannot take anything spring. The course sequencing can set someone?s graduation date a year later than expected.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the heavy workload that they place on the students. There is so much pressure to succeed, not only from the students, their parents, but as well as their teachers, and faculty. To add to that, each professor feels like their own class requires the majority of a students attention and focus. This causes an overwhelming amount of work especially for those in very intense fields such as medicine, engineering, Psych, architecture, etc.

To be honest, some professors do not speak great English/have really heavy accents and it's hard to understand them. Some professors are disorganized. Most professors from my experience do not really try to help students who are doing poorly. They don't point it out to the student individually that he/she needs to improve. But of course as with any school, there are some professors who are actually great and you wish you can take every class with them.

The most frustrating thing is coming to school.it takes me more than an hour to get there and i have to change three trains.this also means i have to get up very early in the morning. most of the professors do not tolerate us being late and trains could be late so often which means i have to plan some extra time for that.

There aren't enough administrative officers to tend to the large student popoulation. Often times, when you do get a chance to speak with them, you're shooed off or the response was insuffcient.

They seem to be strict on what classes they offer every semester but i have yet to find out if this just applies to a particular department or if this applies to all majors.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that, while tuition isn't very expensive, dorming is, so I have to commute an hour and a half everyday to get to campus.

The service at the financial aid office is the worst. You spend most of the semester worrying about paying your bill instead of focussing on your classes.

I absolutley love City College. I only wish there was more school spirit. It would be great to see more students wearing campus T-shirts and sweaters.

It is a public school, so there are always a lot of steps to geting anything done. It makes it discouraging to try and make changes here.