CUNY Graduate School and University Center Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for CUNY Graduate School and University Center

Dawn

CUNY School of Professional Studies is a diploma mill. I wish I knew this before applying. The vast majority (75-80%) of students in my classes write in broken English without proper grammar or punctuation, use run-on sentences that seem to be pulled from random web sites, and most importantly - they do not even remotely grasp the material. I base this on the utterly incoherent train of thought they present when asked simple questions like "Why would people prefer kindness to intelligence when choosing a mate?" Their answers make no sense and they will often just repeat the question back at you in various forms, in order to meet the word count. Since most of the work in class requires me to read their responses on discussion boards, it is becoming increasingly demoralizing to continue on with my studies. Most students I have seen here will be granted a MASTER'S degree for work that does not even meet 8th grade writing and reading comprehension standards. Pathetic.

Destiney

Classes are online and most people are nice. Financial aid could help students out more and give more information but the classes are fine. The students all talk to each other and ask for help via online platform or social media. The only real problem is financial aid for low income families but that is with every college in my opinion, it just makes things harder for us.