New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

FRANKLIN

My classmates are awesome.The best classmates any student would want to have.We all come from different ethnic groups and nationalities and that makes it interesting to learn from each other.

The name of my College is Hunter College, a city university of new york college. Known for its excellence in graduating the best graduates in New York and often sought after by employers from all works of life.The school is highly competetive because of the high standard of education it provides and i am proud to be a member of Hunter College.

Going to college has been paramount on my agenda. Growing up in a family of six with both my parents Masters Degrees holders in their educational careers,i promised myself that i would also acquire the same level of education as they did. My College endeavors hasr been chalenging for me,but i continue to strive for excelence in my studies. As a full-time worker and also combining it with college can be cumbersome on your body and mind.I managed to encomperate healthy lifestyle into my studies,such as exercising regularly . High school life is different from college life whereby the student has less responsibility to assume, especially with financial challenges that college student has to deal with. In my honest opinion i think high school students should start thinking about saving for college when they are still in high school.This would reduce the burden of financial instability by half. In conclusion,my advice i would give to myself would be acquire as much knowledge as you can in high school because that would go a long way in your studies at college,save for college and get a mentor to help you make good career choices.

Jonathan

Hunter College is one of the top schools in the CUNY system, offering a wide variety of degree programs and offering students a means to an affordable education with some of the most dedicated and intellectual professors available in the CUNY system.

The one piece of advice that I would give to myself is to stay true to who I was and who I wanted to become. The transition into college was difficult for me as I was the first member of my family to enroll in college and this resulted in me trying to fulfill what my family expected of me instead of what it was that I wanted to accomplish for myself. Four years into college I am now making a new transition into the school and degree program that I want to study, and while I can't dismiss the immensely valuable knowledge I have gained in my time at Hunter, I have inhibited myself from growing into the person I wanted to be. Stay true to who you are and never abandon your dreams in order to satisfy others.

The worst thing would have to be the social aspect of the school. There are many, many friendly people in the school, but because of large classes and Hunter being a commuter school, it can be difficult to form a lasting friendship. School clubs as well as school events due help to curb this issue.

Sean

Very liberal arts-type, mostly a commuter school. Excellent for undecided majors or people who haven't decided on a specific field in their major, or competitive nursing students with an excellent social worker program for graduate students. The campus isn't very appealing in looks, but you will get quality education equal to that of a 40,000 dollar a semester school for only about 2,500-3,000 dollar a year semester. Most professors are good if not excellent, although rate my professor is a recommended tool to use.

If at this moment I were able to speak to myself as a high school senior, psychology-volunteer work

People who want the dorming experience, people whom are interested in finance or business degrees as well as those who are looking for the "college party" experience. There are clubs and organizations at Hunter that are decent for socializing, but hunter is mostly a commuter school, so its not exactly the number one place for meeting people.

My school is a melting pot of races, religions, political views, and basically everything.

When I was a senior in high school I allowed people to make me believe that the most important thing in life is to make money. I was told the best careers would be in science. With this mentality I went into college to do science, but I wasn't happy. The only time I was happy was when I went to my art classes. I became depressed because I saw my future in science as torture not happiness. I then was advised by my peers to do as my heart desires. I changed my major to Fine arts and now I am ecstatic. You may be good at something, but if you don’t love it there is no point. Do what you love and you will be successful in more realms than just money.

Had I known what was in store for me when I entered college I wouldn't believe it. I came in with one mind set about how school affects your life and now have a completely different one. Basically, I used to think I had to do something with my life that would guarantee success, as in "practical majors". Now I believe that if you do what makes you happy, you will be successful no matter what. I initially went into school to do science, but ended up changing my major to fine arts. Do what makes you happy!

Aubrey

My school is one of the best school in New York City. ALthough it is located in the center of the city, but the school atmosphere does not fade. There are a lot of students from different countries and cultures in this school or just in one class. The school itself provides enough equipments for students to learn, such as computer, wifi, library and also laboratories. The advisors will give their best to help students in deciding what courses to choose, no matter if the student doesn't speak english well.

If I can go back in time, I would tell myself that college life is tough. Not only in deciding what major to take but also going through it and bonding with new people. Because once I get into college, the choices are: go big or go home? I considered myself as a very shy person in class because I don't have courage to speak up in class or simply ask the teacher about a discussion question. Therefore, I would tell myself to learn how to communicate with new people and not to be a shy person. College life is not as easy as it looks like in the movies. Some times college can be fun, but most of the time it's very hard. One of the reasons is that I have to sacrifice my social life for school, because I have a goal for my future. Another reason that being in college is hard because of the competition among the students in class. Sometimes when one of my classmates got a higher grade than me, I would stay up all night to study. Therefore, I would tell myself to be prepared for the hardness of college life.

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew that this school gives me the opportunity in pursuing my medical career. In the beginning, I hated this school because of the location, which is in the middle of the city and also because this school doesn't have any park liek other schools might have. However, when I started to study in this school, I realized that location doesn't effect the quality of the school, but It's the teachers and the curriculums that matter for my future education and career.

My school is unique mostly because of it's diversity- both in location/environment as well as social/economic/culture. Set in the heart of the Upper East Side in Manhattan, it allows students from out of the city to experience city life as well as nearby Central Park's nature. While I grew up in a pretty diverse environment, it still amazes me how entirely different almost each and every student is. Alongside diversity between students, the classes offered were even more impressive. Mythology, Human Sexuality, and Vampires & Folklore are three examples of diverse classes.

My advice to my high-school senior-self wouldn't come in the form of words, but rather, zen paraphrenalia. A bracelet, with the caption "WWDLD?" on it would be enough of a reminder that inner peace and self love is the real goal in life. Asking myself "what would the dalai lama do?" would allow my stress and pressure-bound high school-self to remember that there is a greater goal than the obvious when it comes to higher education. College is more than just pursuing an academic degree; it's about self discovery and learning what you really want out of life. It's like meeting your true self for the first time, allowing that person to develop and make a presence. As a serial-stresser, you can imagine how difficult this was for me to learn. To this day I still sometimes struggle with over-stressing. If given the chance to go back in time and help my younger self through such an incredibly tumultuous transition , learning to ask for guidance through others lessons (such as the dalai lama, confucious or the buddha) would be my greatest gift.

kathleen

If I were to go back to high school, I would give myself the same advice. . I don't think I would really change anything that happened from high school in which advice was given to me. I was unlike a lot of my fellow students and I had no idea what I wanted to do. I felt lost, and empty in a sense. So I attended Nassau Community College and studied liberal arts. In the second year of college I was given the rare opportunity to intern at Red Bull Energy Drink Company. This was a major accomplishment, and when I think about advice from the past, I wouldn't change anything because where I am today is where I belong and I am learning so much from this expirence.

Allison

I would tell myself that I should start looking for scholarships for a four year school before I go to Community college because i knew then I was doing that. I would also tell myself to read more and take a different approach on studying because the way tests and work is laid out in college is way more different than it was in highschool. I would tell myself to become friendly with the professors so I can be more comfortable talking about the problems i would have with my classwork and homework. Also I would tell myself to take advantage of my professors office hours more often, because it's better to do that than to feel clueless at home, with assignments and projects. Lastly I would tell myself that I should make a few more friends in each of my classes, not only to meet new people but it's a good idea to have people that you can ask for help that are in the same situation as you are.

Scott

If were able to speak to myself while I was in high-school I would have many pieces of advice to give to myself. The first thing I would tell myself is to try to take life seriously and to not try to have fun all of the time. I would tell myself that school and studying are very important facts of life that should be respected and regarded as being extremely valuable tools which will help advance my future and will lead to successful living and without them one is basically on the bottom-rung of societies economic strata and that is not where anyone should want to be. I would tell myself to try to be nicer to people all of the time and to try and value friendship more because it helps develop social skills and builds relationships which are important for future development. I would tell myself about all the things that were to transpire in my life and how to handle the situations more appropriately which would benefit all parties involved. I would especially tell my high-school self all of the things that were most important for me in my life for my advancement.

The kind of person who should attend The City University of New York's Hunter College is a person who is interested in furthering their future and is interested and curious about whatever subject they are majoring in.

That it is the best of all of the City University of New York schools and that it has an excellent faculty and facilities which benefits me in many ways and that I am extremely greatful to attend school there.

Marilyn

College is a drastic change, but in the best way possible. College erases the lines of all previous stereotypes and opens a window for you to be whoever it was you wanted to be in high school. That being said, make more mistakes and get more involved! It's not very often one gets to do something over, high school is your chance to have those embarassing, uncomfortable moments with people you don't know, as hard as it is to believe, it will help you socialize in college! Volunteer, play the sports you were too afraid to, it will help with scholarships! Continue to care about your grades but don't be afraid to get in a little bit of troube, it will give you something to talk about! College is its own experience, but don't let your ideas of an amazing, action packed future inhibit you from being happy and taking control of your life now. You may be overwhelmed sometimes with stress and choices, but just remember to trust your gut and that your friends will always be there no matter the distance. Also, do your best to look better in your college student ID picture...

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.