New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Kelly

You need to get it together! College is so much different than high school. What you wear isn't nearly as important anymore! Mom and dad won't be there to wake you up every morning and no one will be there to remind you to do your homework. Sure your college professors won't take attendance, but trust me, if you don't show up for class you will totally regret it when it comes time to take the test! I know college sounds hard, but it is the most rewarding thing you could ever do! Believe me, he's not really in love with you and it won't last very long, so don't throw your life away for him. STAY IN SCHOOL!!!

yanwu

Top 100 public college, but the students have to find out themselves if the school worths it. Some of the Hunter professors are wonderful.

study hard when I am young, enjoy the life when I am young make decision earlier, and work toward it decide to start a professional career earlier, and pursue it finish the education earlier, enjoy the family life use my knowledge to serve people, and use professional manner, make everyone's life more easier always looking at the bright side of the life, enjoy it

The food in the cafe for the students to eat has very limit. Please consider to offer more plenty and various food to the student since there are not many food to buy around the school. The staffs in the registrar office are not that nice. Most of the computers outside of the registrar office, in the hallway and student resources center are not working. I am wondering how the school used the tech and student activities fee for.

Makeda

The tears, anxiety, frustrations, set backs, good grades, bad grades, the people met along the way, the people that have left along the way have all made Makeda Kizuri Gilbert who she is today. My experience is one that can never be forgotten and one that will never be replaced. Like the love one has for a loved one, it is a priceless commodity remaining with me always. I've questioned my motifs many times but all the questions to the answer became clear as water the day I held my degree in hand. Attending college gave me options, and with these options I gained integrity, communication, ethics, determination, focus, patience, and an understanding to all that life has and will throw at me. These values are unattainable no where else on this planet and I would not trade it for anything. If the economy is failing I will be free from economic strife and hardship because I attended and stuck through to the end. Being able to make your own choices and decisions for a career is the best lifetime achievement. I would pay hundreds of thousands again and again if I had more than one life.

Any individual's interested in a business career. Hunter is a college focused around the sciences. It is a community school so student looking for the university college life should not attend because the campus life will not be what they may be expecting. Students at Hunter are very focused and competitive in the science background majors. The cirriculum is very demanding and those students not ready to focus on staying ahead of the competition need not apply. Students interested in majors such as photography, law, engineering, and business should look into other CUNY schools that specialize in those areas.

I wish I knew that the Physical Therapy Program at the time I transfered from Lehman College was transformed to a Doctoral program. I transfered with the intention of becoming a Physical Therapist. When I transfered, the same semester the program became a Doctorate program which left me having to choose another major to obtain a Bachelor's degree and then apply in 3 years to a Masters program. The program was originally a 5 year B.A/ Masters program but the semester I entered I was left having to complete a 4-year degree first . Was quite expensive!

Junise

My school offers an atmosphere to release stress from the outside world and focus on education.

My classmates are very eager to learn and advance in their lives as well as in their education.

It is valuable to attend because i learned to appreciate all types of people after seeing that everyone is aspiring to be better. I also learned that you will never know everything but knowing something can help you in all aspects of your life.

Jennett

Hunter is the exact illustration of what it is to be a melting pot. Honestly, there are so many different cultures and such a liberal and out spoken community, it truely reminds you where you are - New York City. I have yet to go to class and not witness a bake sale for a cause or see posters regarding the Middle East and it's turmoil.

It might be corny to say but I've learned so much about my self within my first semester, it's understandably hard to believe. One class in particular, Intro to Basic Acting, has shown me what it is to be calm and to simply listen to yourself, to know your limitations and to understand how to break free from them as well. Anything is possible. You can work hard, or you don't. It is a simple choice, but to know deep inside how capable you are makes doing anything so much more easier. It really comes in handy when you are studying and having a stressful time due to the amounts of work that needs to be accomplished. Simply knowing you CAN and ARE able to complete everything and do anything, it truly makes college a lot more enjoyable.

Since it's in an urban city, it has the reputation for being a commuter school, then again it's all a matter of doing the effort and joining clubs and talking to people. I also find the classrooms to be pretty ugly and the elevators can take a loooong while.

Chelsea

I think my classmates can be unmotivated at times considering it is a public school, but some of them can be very determine.

Honestly, college was not at all what I thought it would be. I am not saying that it turned out to be worse, or better but just different. I have discovered from my college experience that if you really want something you must be very driven by your passion, it is the only thing that will really help you get through the stress and all the hard work. I did not think it would be as hard as it ended up being but in reality students realize it is not about how hard college is but, all the little lessons you learn along the way from your mistakes and experiences. It has been valuable for me to attend because everyday I get closer to getting my bachelor's in Nursing and because education is a major investment, as my father has always told me. Attending college I think is the best decision anyone can make.

I think a degree-seeking person who is not in the best financial situation should attend this school.

Tayyaba

Majority of students have no idea what they want to study and even though they might think they know trust me they dont know. This is why it's important to go to a school that has a variety of classes so you can learn about a whole bunch of stuff isnt that what gaining knowledge is about. Isn't this why we value education. Hunter College provides all of that. When i went to hunter i was in a premed block program but instead of majoring in science i ended up majoring in Anthropology & minoring in English. I even took theatre ,Make-up for the stage &Acting. It made the stress of science courses bearable and it was fun & brought up my gpa. Science professors at Hunter are not the most social but are intelligent though their learning methods are kind of ehhh ok. Most professors are awesome. It doesn't feel like you are with a professor its as if you are with a friend. There is no close-mindedness here. Even post 9/11 no muslim student was treated with disrespect. This school is for anyone who wants to gain Knowledge&have fun at the same time.

Marisa

From college art classes, I was able to obtain a feel for the graphic design industry. I was taught how to use computer programs and traditional art mediums to create art in ways I never would have imagined I could. It really helped me understand what will be expected of me in my future field of work as well, with deadlines and specific criteria for each project. I also am now better at and more comfortable with commnunicating in front of a room full of people thanks to a college speech class I have been taking. College has definately taught me a lot and will have a positive effect on my future and career.

Jesus

They are are dedicated students who care about their academics.

They are are dedicated students who care about their academics.

It is best known for their nursing program

There are many things I have learned at my experience in college but the most important life lesson I learned is dedication. While working and going to school I faced a lot of times when I felt like giving up. I didn't give up even though I felt like doing so, and I was rewarded by doing really well in school. The classes themselves were tough but being dedicated helped me through the tough times. It would have been very easy for me to give up but I didn't and it has led to me having a 3.6 GPA and being accepted to Albany University to going my success. With the help of others I know i will become a very successful person and one day give back to others who also need a guiding hand in their lives.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.