New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Kordae

I've gained a foundation made of steel from college. I feel as if I can achieve anything that comes my way. Attending college motivated me to push myself, to try harder, and reach goals I wouldn't have even thought to set for myself. I have build a social network, learned how to manage my time effectively, and have learned things I wouldn't have been able to take advantage of, if I didn't attend college. I believe attending college has value because it set me apart from many people I know and now they look at me in a new light! College was my access pass to my future.

Kari

I have gotten a lot out of college so far. Self worth, achievement, learned life skills, learned a lot of numerous things. It's so valuable to me for a few reasons. (1)my husband and I have been together for fifteen years. We want to have a good future, so going to school is helping our future as far as having our family, being financially stable, and taking a lot of stress off. (2)I have two teenagers and I would like them to learn from what they see of me, see that I can accomplish my goals for bettering my life and hopefully it'll encourage them to do the same.

Nafi

My college experience gave me the confidence and equipped me with the necessary tools to become a succesful productive memeber of society. I no longer worry about finding a secure career. My intelligence and hard work ethic I acquired from my college make me a competent candidate and valuable asset to any company or organization. If I didn't attend college I would have developed financial insecurities and ultimately travel down a path of hardships. Thankfully college allow me to develope the skill set to avoid and prevent myself from becoming socially and economically displaced. College was the best decision I have made in my life and I believe the right college can benefit others as well.

My school is uniquely diverse in it's faculty and student body. I admire the diversity it allows people to interact with others from very unique culturally diverse background, which creates well round individual who can acclimate to various surroundings.

A individual who is dedicated, ambitious who wants to recieve a world class education for a successful and brighter future; should attend Hunter College.

Zonya

I have become more independent actaully attending Hunter College. Since I have to travel to school everyday and also make sure I am on top of my scheldue and my everyday activites without any help.

The most frustrating thing about Hunter College is the fact that housing is not guaranteed like the other CUNY's.

Someone who wants to live on campus,should not attend Hunter College.

Bracha

Although a considerable amount of time throughout my college experience was spent in examination of myself as a person and in reviewing my options, I can now say that there were countless advantages and many positive results. After overcoming the initial indecision, insecurity and uncertainty, I managed to decide on a major, secure necessary funds for at least a couple of semesters, and discover myself and others far better than I had before. In this way, college helped me to better acquaint myself with my true strengths, my skills, and my talents. The college experience has also helped me to better understand other people on a deeper level and continues to do so with each course, each semester, each academic failure or success. I have come to appreciate others more, which is accompanied by a desire to perfect the talents and skills I have uncovered so that I can offer them to fellow students, fellow neighbors, fellow beings. And so, my college experience has taught me how to integrate the goal of self-improvement with the goal of improving society and helping others.

samantha

In my college experience, i have come across many things. At first college was overwhelming. I was not quite ready for it. Then i came to realize i just was not sure of what i wanted to do yet, and i had not found the right school for me. After finding national college i realized school can work with your life, you just have to work with it also. You don't have to give up everything, but you do have to give it all you've got. College can give you everything you need in life, but never expect too much. Anything you want is yours, you have to take it though. Don't wait on someone to call on you. Volunteer. Show you want to be here. You can have the friends, the grades, the money, you can have it all, but only if you take it. The opportunity may not arrise again.

Shirley

My college experience has been very rewarding. I chose to study Business Administration and after attaining my Associate Degree and working in a corporate environment, I found that this was not the right fit for me. College enabled me to have the right writing, communication, and computer skills to be successful at work and in school. I was always computer literate but attending college enabled me to enhance on these skills. Moreover, I became aware of the many opportunities available to me where I could change my career path and help others. I now attend Hunter College in New York City, and it has been a valuable experience. I can incorporate my previous degree to attain my Bachelors Degree in French Language and Civilization. With this degree, I hope to work for the Canadian Embassy or the United Nations as a diplomat. In the fall, I will be participating in a foreign exchange program in Paris. If it were not for college, I could not make these choices, go to Europe, or even dream that the daughter of Haitian immigrants could hold such a position in government. College has made it all possible and I don't regret it.

The best thing about my school is the computer labs. M y previous college was very limited but Hunter has numerous computer labs to accomodate their students.

A person that should attend this school is one who is serious about their studies and have a sense of direction in their life. But just in case they don't the faculty here will help them try to find their career interest the best way they can.

Autumn

I think that what makes Hunter unique to other schools is that it is a CUNY, and while most CUNY's often do not have great reputations, Hunter has a great reputation with a concerned and competative staff. I think it is unlikely that other schools are as diverse and aware of the world at large as Hunter College is.

I feel that attending college is one of the most important things to me in my life for a few reasons. The first reason is because it will make me far more desireable in the job market; Once I graduate, I will be able to move onto a Career that I will hopefully find fufilling. Attending college has been valuable in this way, as it is a way to secure my future. The second reason is that it has enriched my life. Going to college has made me a more valuable person. I learn new and exciting ideas; I find myself hungry for knowledge of new things and ideas. I meet new people from every walk of life who inspire me. By engaging in the ongoing process of education, I am keeping my mind sharp; its part of making me a productive, educated member of society. Going to college has given me a purpose that I might not have had without the benefit of going to school. I

When I talk about going to CUNY Hunter for my undergraduate degree, I tend to point out how wonderful the staff and teachers are. I also like to discuss just how diverse and culturally rich Hunter College is. The facilities are wonderful, and we are lucky enough to have state of the art equipment. I also feel that the dining services at Hunter are great, which is terrific for us busy students. Mostly, I tend to brag to my friends about how great Hunter is and that is in the middle of one of the greatest cities on earth.

Hasiba

College is not only a place of immense education and knowledge but also the place of self discovery. Many people go into college destined to meet their dream career requirements but along the road meet a whole new person within them. Self discovery is the main knowledge College has provided me. I know the things I excel in alogn with the things that I want to excel in. There are so many different roads one can take, but this experience can help students to pick more than just one road. One of the key things I have learned is that I must have determination and patience to get anywhere I want in life. Classes can be very difficult at times but in the end anyone is able to pull through and defeat the challenge if they set their mind to it. Grades are not the most important part of a college education, but the amount of inspiration you can provide the others to help them do the same or if not, better than you. If I can inspire another person to strive for their dreams, for sure that they will also inspire others, thus creating a chain of future leaders.

Hunter College is most noted for its diversity. I enjoy having a diverse group of students to work with and learn from. There is never that moment where a person feels left out because there is just so many different type of people in the school that you are bound to feel comfortable with. It is very important to have that comfort zone because I believe it helps in a student’s development of knowledge. Hunter College makes all students and faculty feel comfortable therefore making it a great place to experience all the potential within you.

Hunter College is for anyone who is up for a challenge and determined to meet their goals should definitely come to Hunter College. Hunter College provides students with challenges and makes sure the hard work does pay off. The effort put into a students work is the key to success, and Hunter College makes sure every student gets to experience the challenge and the happiness when goals are met.

Thahmina

Hunter College has many different programs and activities to choose from and has a welcoming atmosphere that immediately makes any newcomer feel comfortable and safe. Hunter college faculty provides the upmost learning experience and each member are happy to assist every student any way they can. You will not regret being apart of the Hunter community.

The whole college experience has been quite an eye-opener. Honestly, I was hesitant that I will not be able to handle the higher education pressure and demand. In high school I was always warned that college is ten times harder and professors have no concern for their students, what so ever. Yet, Hunter College proved otherwise. It’s true in college, a student is definitely independent, yet there are still people out there whether is a classmate or a professor that are always willing to offer help. Especially, the professors who will never say no to help, if you simply ask for some. College has taught me how to become self-sufficient and take responsibility and most importantly accountability for every action I perform. Along with learning how to support myself and stand on my own, college expanded my curiosity and appreciation. Every moment merely became a learning experience for me. I will admit college is extremely difficult , but I am positive that the maturity level I learned to live up to, the different people I’ve met and the wisdom I've gained, has truly prepared me to face, overcome and learn from any struggle.

Hunter College is best for students who are willing to commute and want a liberal arts education. It’s also suitable for students who want affordable prices to pay their tuition.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.