New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Renee

Hunter College has provided me with more cultural experiences than I've ever experienced. Although I've lived in New York City since the day I was born, Hunter College has enlighted me politically and artistically. I was ignorant to many of this country's social injustices before I began studying here and I am happy to have learned what needs to be changed in order for me to play an active role in shaping the political future in America. The quality of education I'm receiving here in regards to my major (English Literature) surpasses every school I've attended at every stage of my life. My professors have changed the way I think by training me to develop my thoughts creatively and articulate them in a manner that best reflects who I am. The skills the professors teach will remain with me in whatever career I pursue and will also prepare me for whichever graduate school I choose to go to. I couldn't ask for a more diverse and intellectual group of students and professors. I am pleased to see a college that genuinely values ethnic diversity and encourages healthy debating among students.

Racists, homophobes, sexists, and agists. This school has no place for hatred.

Elina

Intellegent people always asking questions to help them better understand what they are learning.

I was able to realize that I wanted to be a physical therapist because of the internship opportunities I was able to access through my college. The diversity in my college helped me be extrememly open to new people and new ideas, which I beleive will help me in my future endeavors. Going to such a diverse college that offers great opportunities in the heart of New York city has helped shape me into someone well equipped for a world outside of college, but it has also made me more interested in pursuing my further studies in Graduate School.

Its location in the middle of New York City allows students to get more than just an education. There are plenty of museums to visit, parks to go to, and job opportunities to find in such a bustling city.

Season

I have been very blessed with the opportunity just to attend college because most people where I'm from never got the chance. It has been very valuable to attend college because a lot of people I know never graduated from high school. I worked very hard to get where I?m at today and I?m very proud to say I?m headed in the right direction. My college is a really rewarding college and I?m very lucky to have chosen this one. Some colleges don?t bother to keep in touch with the students to make sure their succeeding in their classes. My college does what they can to help the students succeed in any way possible. It has also been one of the best experiences I?ve ever had because I always loved school and always dreamed of attending college. I?m going to work in the medical field and it?s such a good feeling just to know I will have the ability and the knowledge to help others one day. Education is the key to get up and above just existing and I?m forever thankful for having the opportunity to attend college.

Rebecca

College has provided the opportunity to reimagine the possibilities for my life. The knowledge and practical experience I have gained through readings, lectures and study groups, the degree I am earning, opens new doors for my own future. But the relationships formed here help me to see myself and my work more clearly. My professors and my classmates have offered their friendship and shared their views of the world. We've come from across the continents, from small towns and urban centers, and in this place, we all come together to dedicate ourselves to academic discipline, and we bring our stories with us. These stories, the diversity of thought and life experience have taught me to think carefully, to read critically and to listen with a truly open mind. In a world where honest discourse so often dissolves into polarized shouting matches in political, social and religious arenas, friendships that cross the lines we've drawn may be a way forard to greater understanding. College brings people together for short time, during some of the most formative years of life. And for that time, we learn together, live together and learn from each other.

strong independent motivated learner, good in a big city

I am bettering myself for my own benefit as well as for my children. I will be able to get a better job to support my family and I am also setting a better example for my children because I will be able to look at them and say that I did it while raising 3 children that they can go back to school when they graduate. I have learned that I am smarter than I gave myself credit for and that I am capable of handling whatever life throws out at me. I have always wanted to go back to school and came up with every excuse why I could not and now that I am in school, I am half way done with my 2 year program and could not be happier than to be able to say that I am in school and that once I graduate, I will have the knowledge to go with it.

Elise

My classmates are individuals who listens to professors and interact in the class activities when necessary.

My school is best known for the Nursing Program for Undergraduate students.

My whole college experience has been quite memorable. I had people to guide me through my studies when I needed it. I was able to meet several close friends whom I still keep in contact with. We made study groups when possible and was able to go through the courses at Hunter College with ease. We help each other when we have trouble with our studies. Outside of school, we would meet up and go for lunch meetups. Other than meeting friends, I was able to set a time to meet up with an academic advisor when ever I had trouble with my studies. They will help me by telling me which courses would benefit me and what courses are best for my field of study. This college experience was valuable in a way that I could get the help I needed with my studies when possible.

Lorene

High School is nothing like college. I would tell myself "enjoy this last year of high school because college means hitting the books!!" However, getting out of high school isn't so bad. Spider-Man once said "with great powers, comes great responsibility" and the great power is being in college. College is about having freedom, making friends, going out and having fun and making memories, while at the same time you have to focus on school, maintain your GPA, work and keep up with assignments. College isn't like in high school where you can just "wing it". College is hard work to get good grades but the effort you will put in will all be worth it. There will be times when you cry and question why you are up til 3am reading organic chemistry, but getting an A will be a priceless reward. Just know that you are a strong person and you will get through the hard times and one day have a degree in what you desire. Undergraduate studies in college isn't forever, so enjoy every moment and embrace new experiences and people, and most important of all is SMILE.

Any person that loves the city life, people, shopping, eating, anything really NYC has it. Hunter is a great school and the tuition is very affordable for the quality of education. If you are interested in other cultures, religions, other parts of the world, this is the city for you. This is a place to make friends from all over the US and the world. Hunter has clubs and activities for many interests. There is a great sense of school spirit from Hunter students, which makes the school days more exciting and enjoyable.

I f you don't like to socialize or be around lots of people, I would not recommend Hunter. Most students are outgoing and very sociable and like to get together and study. Hunter is also located in a great area of NYC which also has lots of people around all the time. I love to be around people and NYC and Hunter have lots of people from all over the world speaking every language imaginable. If you are a person that doesn't want a new experience with different cultures Hunter is not for you.

Ramy

The school is in NYC so there's always something going on. It's a very energetic place and students learn to find a balance between work and play.

You can prioritize well and that will come in handy but you tend to overestimate yourself; so I suggest that you take a step back on your first day, appreciate that you came this far, and realize that things will have to change. This is no longer high school. Teachers won't be on your back as much (they'll get paid whether you succeed or fail) so the onus is on you to succeed. The 4 years of high school were kids' play but don't get discouraged. Manage your time well and you'll excel. Don't underestimate the work! But then again this comes back to how you manage your time. If you manage it well, you won't have to be up all night to finish that paper or prep that homework.

Someone who neither underestimates the coursework nor overestimates their own abilities. Someone who feels a thrill working in a high paced and high pressured environment. Someone who wants to succeed.

Jamie

Hunter College is low cost tuition yet high quality education.

Hunter College is low cost tuition yet high quality education.

I work around many high school students and I seem to always ask myself this question as well. The advice I would give is to appreciate the simple, easy, and somwhat naive attitude many high school seniors have. As a high school senior you ae allowed to make mistakes and have a safety net of teachers and parents to fix your mistake. However, once you step into college that blissful carefree attitude is out the window, now the real adult must come through. In college you might be older yet with age comes responsibility. Now instead of just enjoying the parties like in high school, you must work, attend school, and have responsibilities at home. I would advice to pace yourself, there will be moments were you might want to give up. However, like my mother instilled in me, you have to fight for your education because in the end no one can take away what you worked so hard to earn.

The best thing about Hunter College is the location where the college is located. Due to the fact that its in Manhattan, Hunter College gets the fast pace life style that the students ofNw York can relate to.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.