New York, NY
CUNY Hunter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend CUNY Hunter College

Ramy

The school is in NYC so there's always something going on. It's a very energetic place and students learn to find a balance between work and play.

You can prioritize well and that will come in handy but you tend to overestimate yourself; so I suggest that you take a step back on your first day, appreciate that you came this far, and realize that things will have to change. This is no longer high school. Teachers won't be on your back as much (they'll get paid whether you succeed or fail) so the onus is on you to succeed. The 4 years of high school were kids' play but don't get discouraged. Manage your time well and you'll excel. Don't underestimate the work! But then again this comes back to how you manage your time. If you manage it well, you won't have to be up all night to finish that paper or prep that homework.

Someone who neither underestimates the coursework nor overestimates their own abilities. Someone who feels a thrill working in a high paced and high pressured environment. Someone who wants to succeed.

Jamie

Hunter College is low cost tuition yet high quality education.

Hunter College is low cost tuition yet high quality education.

I work around many high school students and I seem to always ask myself this question as well. The advice I would give is to appreciate the simple, easy, and somwhat naive attitude many high school seniors have. As a high school senior you ae allowed to make mistakes and have a safety net of teachers and parents to fix your mistake. However, once you step into college that blissful carefree attitude is out the window, now the real adult must come through. In college you might be older yet with age comes responsibility. Now instead of just enjoying the parties like in high school, you must work, attend school, and have responsibilities at home. I would advice to pace yourself, there will be moments were you might want to give up. However, like my mother instilled in me, you have to fight for your education because in the end no one can take away what you worked so hard to earn.

The best thing about Hunter College is the location where the college is located. Due to the fact that its in Manhattan, Hunter College gets the fast pace life style that the students ofNw York can relate to.

Robert

There is such a huge need to go to college right out of High School. Take your time.... Live life.... When you go to college, you are not going to know what you want to do. Socialising will be more important than learning. After you experience life a little bit, you will be ready to go back to school. Then you can focus on education. Imagine the difference your life willl have if you can experience it before you decide what you want to do for the rest of your life. The confidence of being able to take care of yourself and navigating the "real world" is a superior education in and of itself that will make college a truly enlightening experience. What a difference higher education will be when you actually educate yourself as opposed to just getting a degree, because that is what "you are supposed to do." When you do decide to go to college, your adjustment will be easy, because you will have had that year or two to realize the hardships and trials life can present you as an adult.

As with I believe most any public institution, trying to find the right place to go to get a question answered is quite difficult, very often entailing going to multiple offices, in a circular fashion, which wastes time and energy.

How many places can you go, with such a wid evariety of choices for classes that is only $5000 a year

Kevin

Hunter College is truly a melting pot of diversity.

Hunter College is truly a melting pot of diversity.

If I could go back in time I would advise myself to carry on as I want to but to never give up and never listen to when people say I could not accomplish something. I would advise myself to keep true to my dreams and goals and never give up on college or anything I set my heart and mind to. I would inform myself that no matter how tough things become and how people will treat me as a minority I am strong enough to over come anything and achieve the level of financial, spiritual, and social success I want. I would tell myself what I had to learn on my own as an adult that I was strong and I can do anything and that I have the ability to thrive under the harshest circumstances like something rare and exotic.

The best thing about Hunter College is that the majority of the professors and adjuncts are very enthusiatic about what they are teaching.

Mubiyna

There are a lot of things I would love to tell my younger self to do as well as what not to do if ever I had the chance to go back in time. I can't begin to write the long list of regrets of my high school career or the amount of times I have thought about the ?What if question?. So if by some quantum miracle that the opportunity to have a conversation with my 12th grade self should ever presented it?s self. Knowing what I know now I would tell my self to apply to a College in State instead of being bull headed about going to my out of state dream school. To later realize that I would not receive enough financial assistance to attend the school without it costing me an arm and a leg. I would instil how important the decisions that I would make then would affect me in the future as well as educate my self on the benefits of going to a City College as and correct my misconceptions of life as a college undergrad.

What I consider to be the best thing about Hunter College is its Foreign Studies. Hunter College offers over 12 languages to study. As a student interested in studying Chinese, Japanese and possibly German as well as an intrest in studying abroad Hunter College was the best choice for me. The forieng language courses offered at my college will help me pursue my career in International Relations.

Although Hunter has an Art Depattment, the Arts is not one of Hunter strong points. So any student interested in pursing a carreer in arts tshould not attend Hunter, but should rather attend Schools that specialize in the Arts. Hunter College also does not offer courses in Law thus students interested in pursing a career in Law should not attend Hunter. College.

The first thing I would tell myself is not to take time off between High School and College. They are not the same thing, and the time off in between only makes the transition harder. The second thing I would tell myself is to "stop whining" and buy the textbooks when I need them at the beginning of the semester. You really do need them! Third, I would tell myself to not waste time doing other things when I should be reading for a class. I got caught on a final that way- the professor did not incorporate anything from the homework readings into the class work until the final, and by that time I had stopped doing the readings because I thought I didn't need to. I almost didn't pass that final! Basically, the most important piece of advice you need when going to college is to do what you have to, when you have to, when the professor tells you to. Life is much simpler that way!

There really isn't any one who shouldn't attend Hunter. It's a fantastic school, and the professors (with few exceptions) are well educated and do a great job of teaching. The only student who won't make it at Hunter is one who doesn't work hard, or doesn't want to do the work needed to graduate. And a student like that probably shouldn't be going to college in the first place.

The worst thing about Hunter is the administration. The classes/professors are great, but the administration staff are the worst! They lose information, then blame it on the student. Or worse, they transcribe something incorrectly, and the student's information becomes incorrect or lost. The worst is when a class will be dropped for non-payment, when the bill was paid and it just wasn't entered into the computer on time.

Katherine

Hunter College prepares its students by providing insightful classes and promoting interaction amongst the various students who attend the college.

One of the most important piece of information I would give to my former high school senior self would be to pay more attention to time management. Similar to high school, college students are expected to accomplish of his or her assignments in a timely manner. However, unlike high school where the classrooms are smaller and teachers are obligated to remind his or her students of upcoming due dates, college students are left to "fend for themselves". Although this is not new information or advice, it is essential for high school seniors to acknowledge the importance of time management in addition to putting the concept into practice. By managing one's time at an early age, it helps high school students gain a better understanding of priorities and responsibilities. For example, within a period of one week, a student is assigned a research paper. In addition to that research paper, he or she was given a lot of homework from his or her other teachers. Because of this large amount of work, the student should manage his or her time to create a reasonable schedule that balances school work and one's personal life.

The most impressive characteristic is the variety of students that attend Hunter College. It is fascinating to meet students of various ethnicities because it exposes students to new concepts and cultures. For example, in a math class, one could learn about the different ways countries subtract by simply interacting with his or her classmates. This is one of the most efficient ways of learning about other cultures while socializing with one's peers.

My school is crowded, but it means you are never alone -- there are new friends to be made down every hall, many of them unexpected!

Having experienced a few years of undergraduate study at Hunter College in New York City has provided me with insight that is hard to come by elsewhere. If I could talk to a younger, less experienced me, I would make sure to tell myself that happiness is possible to attain, once you believe in the power that you have over yourself and your own perceptions of the world around you. The college I am currently attending was not my first choice school, and during freshman year, this became a bigger deal than I should have let it become. Making the transition to being waitlisted then later denied to my first choice school was difficult. Once I appreciated being able to attend a college that was affordable, within a city that I have lived in and loved all my life, I quickly made friends, and soon enough began to stay on campus long after my school day had ended. I took classes that interested me and joined a few student clubs, even coordinating my own study groups on campus. Influencing my own academic career has definitely helped to make me happier than I thought I could be freshman year.

The worst thing about my school definitely has to be the price of lunch. There have been various hikes in the cost of food items in our cafeteria, some of which have doubled in just a few semesters. While prices have increased, relative quality remains as it was prior to the increase in cost. Many cafeteria workers were recently subjected to atrociously minimal wage increases and a cut in benefits. This was confronted with several meetings and a campus-wide picketing/protest. Needless to say our school-wide efforts paid off.

Dara

They are very determined to succeed.

They are very determined to succeed.

I would tell myself what I want out of my college career and my future career. I would tell myself to establish good study skills and networking skills. Lastly I would remind myself to never be lazy, never procrastinate and develop good sleeping habits.

CUNY Hunter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.